xzoomzx is offline Associate Member

hey billy boy or diet experts please help

i am about to start the anabolic diet.......it is a keto diet in which you eat all fat and protein and very low carbs......5 days u do this and 2 you eat basically all carbs......it seems good and its worth a try but i was wondering if all those keto products and low carbs they all say they only have 5 or 10 effective carbs but the rest are non effective carbs......is that bullshyt?........if i eat those foods with like maliol and those low cab foods.......will that knock me out of ketosis?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Generally speaking once you reach the ketosis, you can eat about 30gm of carbs a day and still remain in Ketosis state. I am on ketosis diet right now, and i don't consume any direct carbs, just fats and protein and whatever little carbs come with that, i do however treat myself with natural peanut butter, which does have some carbs, but i think my daily intake is still around 20gm or so. As for a 2 day carb up, i personally think it's a bit long and you will regain some of the fat lost. I have used this diet with great success and my wife has used it with good success, however we keep our carb up down to 36 hours starting on friday 8:00pm right after the decarb workout and finishing on suday at breakfast which is our last carb meal, all other meals are fat and protein again. I would stay away from all the yummy protein bars and all, after all if it tastes good it probably isn't good for you (well not entirely true but i had to say it) save those for your weekend carb up. Plus most protein bars are just glorified chocolate bar...my 2 cents...XXL

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    well bro your body looks sick,...,,,im on a very strict keto diet now and i am on like a 600 to 800 calorie diet ........i wanna lose maybe 10 more pounds in 16 days?........is it possible i am taking usnic acid,and eca ,,,,,,,if i add more fats to my diet will i lose more weight than if i stay on this 800 cal keto diet ? and by the way what is your ratio of protein,fats and carbs?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I think your caloric intake might be a little too low. That's anorexic low! *JOKES!* If you're lookin to drop 10lbs in 16 days, keep your cals at a healthy 1500. Instead of going on a strict low carb diet, why not try to keep them at around 80-100 grams a day, but use the timing wisely. Take in around 50-60 grams of carbs right off the bat in the morning for some stored-energy. Before you eat anything, stock up on the water and head to the gym to rock and roll on the elliptical trainer. Do it for 30 mins and keep your heart rate at 170-180, you'll burn around 450 calories. For breakfast, what I suggest is Beans, try to get them fresh to stay away from the preservatives in most canned beans. Try 250 ml in the morning, (around 20gr protein, 1.5 gram fat, 54 gram carb and 9 grams of your dietary fibre). After you eat breakfast, try to hit the gym around noon. Squeeze it in on your lunch break or something. Alter your workout to keep your heart rate up, drop sets, tri-sets, circuit training, whatever floats your boat. While you're doing your work out, take in another 35 grams carb from a Gatorade (I know the sodium is high, jeez, but you gotta do what you gotta do). You'll have low energy if there's a big time gap between breakfast and your workout. Sip the gatorade and have a bottle of water too. The carbs from the gatorade will help give you some energy to keep on trucking it while you workout. 30mins-1hour post workout, This is OPTIONAL, a recent study from UNLV reports that taking 20 grams of sugar with 30-40 grams of protein will help the protein absorb into the muscle post-workout. Apparently, the diminished glucose levels love the sugar and adding in the protein sinks it into the muscle. If not, just truck the rest of the day with your Omega-3's and protein. Chicken breast, Tuna and Protein Shakes will all do the trick. Flax Oil seed is the way to go, even though 1 teaspoon is 120 cals, combined with a shake/tuna/chicken, the meal comes to 250 cals approx. And the end of the day, do another 30 mins on the cardio keeping your heart rate up at 160-170 bpms. That's another 450.
    Here's the totals in an approximation:

Carbs - 85 grams (none 1 hour post workout, which should be 2 pm)
    Protein - 160 grams
    Fat - 120 grams (100 coming from Flax Oil Seed)

Calories consumed - 1600 (approx)
    Calories expended - 900 cardio (450 X two 30 min cardio)
    300 workout (superset, drop set 1 hour)
    = 1200
    Your RMR should be high and you'll be dropping ATLEAST 3-4 lbs a week. If not, work harder. Something to remember though, it's extremely unhealthy to keep this going for long periods of time. You're depriving your body of essential foods and vitamins it needs *stock up on multi-vitamins* and your fibre is low. Long times on a Ketosis diet can cause brain damage, so try to keep some carbs in there that are essential. I'm trying this right now and I'll tell you the truth, it's goddamn tough. But it's working awesome.

VaDeR_1138 is offline New Member
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL
    Generally speaking once you reach the ketosis, you can eat about 30gm of carbs a day and still remain in Ketosis state. I am on ketosis diet right now, and i don't consume any direct carbs, just fats and protein and whatever little carbs come with that, i do however treat myself with natural peanut butter, which does have some carbs, but i think my daily intake is still around 20gm or so. As for a 2 day carb up, i personally think it's a bit long and you will regain some of the fat lost. I have used this diet with great success and my wife has used it with good success, however we keep our carb up down to 36 hours starting on friday 8:00pm right after the decarb workout and finishing on suday at breakfast which is our last carb meal, all other meals are fat and protein again. I would stay away from all the yummy protein bars and all, after all if it tastes good it probably isn't good for you (well not entirely true but i had to say it) save those for your weekend carb up. Plus most protein bars are just glorified chocolate bar...my 2 cents...XXL
    I know I am gonna sound like a lamer but what is a Keto diet exactly?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Its basically atkins.. low low carbs or almost none and all protien.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Personally I think low,low carbs diets are nto that great the body needs carbs to help absorb the protein.I don't like to go below 100g a day otherwise I feel poorly,lerthargic and totally pissed off.The Keto is another Atkins diet many use it and get good results from it.i would start it at 100g of carbs a day and see if you need to go lower.

Thread Information