MoneyAddyct is offline Member

Does it get easier?

I'm doing my best to stick to my diet, and I'm seeing some pretty good results. I gained a little less than an inch on both arms in about 5 weeks, which is a miracle for me. But I'm starting to have to eat REAL slowly because sometimes it's hard not to gag. I literally have to force-feed myself every two hours, after about my 3rd or 4th meal. Does it get easier? I'm still only drinking 1-2 whey shakes a day and those are easy to get down and I'd like not to have to increase the supplement usage, but all this food is killing me. Any suggestions?

Jakspro is offline Member
    eat

mmmm food = good

eat and youll grow like weeds

Zapp is offline Banned
    How much do you weigh? Give an example of what he has you eating every two hours.

5'8", I only weigh about 144--up 13lbs since I started working out hard-core about 3 months ago. Bodyfat is very low--abs have always been defined. I usually eat my first meal around noon (when I wake up) and continue eating every 2-3 hours until I go to sleep (around 2am or so).

Meal 1: 4-6 egg whites, 2 pieces of toast, 1.5 cups oatmeal, scoop of whey protein

Meal 2: Something on campus--usually grilled chicken with vegetables and pasta, sometimes if I feel like cheating, 2 chargrilled chicken sandwhiches from Chik-Fil-A

Workout

Meal 3: Isopure protein shake, 50g protein

Meal 4: 8oz piece of chicken, whole wheat pasta

Meal 5: Tuna or salmon or piece of beef, rice, or whole wheat pasta again

Meal 6: Tuna/salmon/beef and 2Tbs peanut butter

Meal 7: Isopure whey protein shake

It might not seem like an incredibly large amount of food, but for someone who still NEVER gets hungry and who, just months ago, maybe ate 3 meals a day, it's quite a lot for me.

I also upped my workouts from 3 days a week to 5 days a week, but that's a little off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    How much do you weigh? Give an example of what he has you eating every two hours.

I don't know what you meant about "what HE has you eating"..I don't think I mentioned anyone else in my post, but I detailed what I have myself eating, anyway.

Jakspro is offline Member
    yea, theres no way around that, if you wanna grow your gonna have to eat... at 144 you should eat even more, or whatever seems to work for you, but eat and eat more...

I just imagine how big i'm gonna be in a year if i eat like i do... now i get "food rage" when im delayed from eating my meals, and i will kill

EAT Big
    Lift Big
    Be Big

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    I don't know what you meant about "what HE has you eating"..I don't think I mentioned anyone else in my post, but I detailed what I have myself eating, anyway.
    Sorry about that bro...must have had you mixed up with another thread. At 144 lbs, I'm sure it is hard to eat every two hours if you're not used to it. Keep it up, your stomach will stretch!....lol.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    dude, fix up meals # 3 and 7
    add some EFA in there.
    i'm assuming the ISOPURE is just whey, isn't it?!!

Blog Entries
    so my arms routine worked for u?!
    good job man. hit it harder

Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    so my arms routine worked for u?!
    good job man. hit it harder

I haven't started your arm routine yet..I'm tryin to get my split down first. I'm going to start this tomorrow:

M - Back
    T - Triceps
    W - Legs
    Th - Biceps
    F - Chest/Shoulders
    S - Off
    Sun - Off

By the way, I take omega-3's but I just didnt add them in the diet I provided. And yea, the ISOPURE is just protein..I'm thinkin about picking up some dextrose for it, but I don't know what kind to get or the dosages to take.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    I haven't started your arm routine yet..I'm tryin to get my split down first. I'm going to start this tomorrow:

M - Back
    T - Triceps
    W - Legs
    Th - Biceps
    F - Chest/Shoulders
    S - Off
    Sun - Off

By the way, I take omega-3's but I just didnt add them in the diet I provided. And yea, the ISOPURE is just protein..I'm thinkin about picking up some dextrose for it, but I don't know what kind to get or the dosages to take.
    take ur EFA with meals 3 and 7
    take Dex. right after workout with the ratio 2:1 Dex:Pro (80 g dex, and 40 g whey pro.)
    brand don't matter as long as it's pure dex.

Got it, thanks for the help. I'll pick up some tomorrow (or Tuesday if the place isn't open for Labor Day.)

I'm just curious, I know dextrose is a sugar and I see a lot of people using it in their shakes, but what is the benefit of it?

Try vitamin B12, have a shot(i use the 2ml,1mcg vials) evey day and you should have your appetite back in no time!

Hmm...I think I'll give that a try...Also, where can I get dextrose? I went to GNC (probably my first mistake) and they don't carry it and there's no other health/nutrition place around here. And the dude at GNC was wondering why I wanted dextrose in the first place, and quite honestly, since no one answered my question above, I wasn't really sure lol.

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    i understand what ur goin through, when i first started eatin a lot, fot the first week its not that bad.. but then it gets tot he point that u just get sick to your stomach at the thought of eating again but i do it anyway. When those meals come around where its chicken or tuna and i cant get it down i jus chew it really good and wash it down with some water, yes its not that tasty, but we arent eating like this for pleasure. So just man it up and down it

Thread Information