Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

Done bulking, cut time-HELP

Well I am done with my bulk phase for the year. I learned a lot about the necessary nutrition and lifting techniques that will help me greatly for my next bulk. Now it's time to trim down. I am planning on 4-5 months of cutting. If I get my BF% to where I want it earlier than that, I will begin a bulk again.
    Here are my stats
    Male, 20yrs old, 215 lbs, 5'8, 20% BF. My goal is 5-10% BF.

Here is my diet:
    Breakfast- 20g whey, 4-5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    2-3hrs later- 1 can tuna, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, rice cake ( on lift days)
    2-3hrs later- 1 can tuna or 4oz chx, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1TBSP Udo's
    PWO- 60g whey, 55g maltodextrin
    PPWO- 4-6oz chx or 2 cans tuna, 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    Late Dinner- 4oz any lean protein w/ fat free/carb free dressing (mustard,etc)
    Before bed- 20g whey, 40g egg protein, 1tbsp Udo's

This equals approximately 3300 calories, 330g protein, 140g carb and 40g fat.
    I might mention it is fat free cottage cheese and all my shakes and oats are with water, not milk.

I am waking up and walking 4mph on an incline for 30-45 minutes and then I run at 5mph for the following 15 minutes.

I am taking an ephedra supplement along with caffeine 2x a day.

This is my first attempt at getting cut and I'd like some opinions. I know the diet seems pretty repetitive and bland but I'm fine with it. I will probably change up the tuna with chx or some other kind of lean fish.
    Please let me know what I need to change.
    Last edited by Romeoguy62; 10-24-2005 at 01:26 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    id use a faster acting carb, not cottage cheese..

Well my cottage cheese only has 5 carbs per serving and 13g protein. I wasn't really going for carb intake with the cottage cheese, I was trying to keep them down. What would you replace the cottage cheese with?

decadbal is offline Banned
    oic now, i was wondering why you had it with the other stuff, i thought u were using it for carbs.. what i use when cuttin for carbs are. bagels, oatmeal, white potatoes, brown rice, and white rice.. dependin on how many carbs you want per meal and in total for the day, and the timing of the carbs, would depend on what you wanna eat, alteast for me

Well I work out around 3pm usually. So would it be best for me to have a carb like oatmeal (1/2 cup)for breakfast. Then maybe at lunch or preworkout have some rice (1/4-1/2) with a protein. Then, after my workout have my PWO shake with maltodextrin and cut the carbs out the rest of the day?

madflabby is offline Associate Member
    Looks pretty good, I'm a little bigger then u w/about the same BF, I keep my cardio a bit more intense then you do and but other then that quite similiar to yours, that sounds like a good plan. Stick to it for 8 weeks @ least man, don't give up.

Looks pretty good, I'm a little bigger then u w/about the same BF, I keep my cardio a bit more intense then you do and but other then that quite similiar to yours, that sounds like a good plan. Stick to it for 8 weeks @ least man, don't give up.

What do you do your cardio at?

I either bring out my stopwatch and do a timed mile, (trying for max speed) or a timed 3 mile, or try to better my timed miles on the treadmill every time.

I'm going to start mixing in some sprints once my hamstring feels better.

Thread Information