Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stuck in a rut

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    no my high carb days were 80.. and after about 6 weeks i started losing memory fast.. i left my keys in the front door several times.. .lol

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    no my high carb days were 80.. and after about 6 weeks i started losing memory fast.. i left my keys in the front door several times.. .lol
    see id be f***ed because i do that anyway...haha. no the hot yoga was sexykitty's split...mine is in post #33

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    ops.. just saw your split.. that does look good!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    About a year ago I went on a diet for about 4-5 months without a cheat. I know now that it was too restrictive but at the time I lost a lot of weight. When I couldn't take it anymore I started to eat semi-normal again and gained tons of weight back in like a month (went from 120 to 140) so I dieted down again to 113 and now I am hovering around 117. I can't seem to make anymore progress, even though my diet has improved immensely and I cheat once a week. My results have come to a screeching halt even though I change my workout often. I'm worried that maybe my body is used to the "constant" dieting.

I know that if I worked to put on some muscle it would increase my metabolism. However, I REALLY don't want to gain a lot of fat (unfortunately, I'm an endomorph so it is probably bound to happen). Have you guys ever heard of a female running a short bulking type diet? What do you recommend that would shock my body into getting results again?
    Thanks

BTW, stats: 23, 117, 5'3", BF ??

Firstly, 117lbs is a great weight for an athletic, 5'3'' 23yr old. So your body should be resistant to loss. Not having seen you or being provided a bf, I can’t say whether this self-image is accurate, or if you’re asking your body to be lighter than it should be based on your muscle mass index.

Secondly, you didn't state your dieting goal, so I’ll assume it's to lose more weight and not just fat, if this is the case see above. If it's fat loss, tweak your consumption ratio of sat fat and EFA's. For cutting you should be consuming 1Tblspn of EFA per 50lbs of bodyweight (for in between weights use Tspn 3 of which equal one Tblspn. Manipulate your cardio intensity and alternate types of cardio.

Thirdly, based on what you presented your system is likely suffering from a depressed metabolism due to the regular dieting. Employ “Carb cycling” and reintroduce your body to fun. Try implementing the 3-day low/1-day high cycle into your diet first, then explore the others.

And fourthly, who said you have to get fat to gain muscle?

However, I REALLY don't want to gain a lot of fat (unfortunately, I'm an endomorph so it is probably bound to happen).
    That’s 60’s & 70’s thinking…”bulk up cut down”. The 80’s ushered in the new philosophy of stay near (15lbs) your contest weight, but cut fat the aforementioned 15lbs for the stage. You can easily add LBM without bulking.

M.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information