IBdmfkr is offline AR VET

Best foods for travel??

Need some suggestions on foods to bring out of country on a week of travel. Solid foods and supplement recommendations would be appreciated. I need t these to take up as little space as possible and last a week, BTW my normal calorie intake is close to 4500/day. Fire away.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    tuna
    beef jerky
    mixed nuts
    peanut butter
    protein powder
    bottled water
    protein bars
    instant oatmeal
    tuna steaks------these are new they come in a pouch you just heat em up
    salmon in a can---by the tuna in the store
    chicken in a can---by the tuna in the store
    glutamine
    creatine
    zma
    tribulis
    dex
    that all i got for now

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    tuna
    beef jerky *
    mixed nuts *
    peanut butter * PB+wheatcrackers
    protein powder *
    bottled water *
    protein bars *
    instant oatmeal
    tuna steaks------these are new they come in a pouch you just heat em up
    salmon in a can---by the tuna in the store
    chicken in a can---by the tuna in the store
    glutamine Multi vitamen, Vit C+E
    creatine
    zma
    tribulis
    dex
    that all i got for now
    Put a * next to the ones I have already bought for trip, Good ideas. Keep some coming, just looking for others opinions and new ideas.

Bringing apples, bananas, and Flaxoil too. (hope it stays good at room temp)

What's the best bar, weight gain does not matter, I'd rather put on weight than lose it and my metabolism is insane.

Btw, anyone know if I can carry these items into HongKong/China?????

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    prolab lean mass matrix MRP packets = 400 cals, 40g protein and carbs (from wheat and oats and brown rice) and 8g fat from fish and flax. expensive but good.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    good post....what would you take for 3 days of out of town travel with no training on those day? All fats and protein? Reduce cals big time? From airplane to hotel, curious what u pack and how much.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    prolab lean mass matrix MRP packets = 400 cals, 40g protein and carbs (from wheat and oats and brown rice) and 8g fat from fish and flax. expensive but good.
    Leave tomorrow morning, I'll check these out. Only training I'll get is pushups, pullups and situps. I may put a half a dozen chicks on the sofa in the hotel and squat it.

your hotel should have a gym, also you could do laos if they have a pool, if have to travle or go on vacation i normally just take a break and eat what ever,

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i always bring egg protein with me. you cant eat that on the plane but for the hotel its good. Eating whey all day may make you soft, its a fast protein. Egg protein is slower, and very high BV.
    Jerky is good.

Bars? i have been getting gas from all bars even ones with real carsb in it, not sugar alcohals. Every bar i think must have added sugar alcohals for flavor. THose bastards. I had a nitroteck bar last tnite and could stop farting. Sometimes i get explosive shiiting too. And i dont even have a sensitive stomach!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    im pretty sure ur supposed to refrigerate the flax after u open it, i think it goes rancid after.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Make sure to keep well hydrated during your travel time.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    i always bring egg protein with me. you cant eat that on the plane but for the hotel its good. Eating whey all day may make you soft, its a fast protein. Egg protein is slower, and very high BV.
    Jerky is good.

Bars? i have been getting gas from all bars even ones with real carsb in it, not sugar alcohals. Every bar i think must have added sugar alcohals for flavor. THose bastards. I had a nitroteck bar last tnite and could stop farting. Sometimes i get explosive shiiting too. And i dont even have a sensitive stomach!
    i hear ya...nitrotech bars sit like a rock in my stomach. i dont even think they are that great tasting. i find trioplex bars to be ok...they are made from real food i think. but i only eat them in emergencies and i am used to having gas so i dont notice a difference...hehe...sensitive stomachs suck!

leanbody bars are ok, i dont eat bars anyway but when i did it would be a leanbody

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    Sometimes i get explosive shiiting too. And i dont even have a sensitive stomach!
    Don't want that, I'll be on a plane for 23hrs! HA.
    Also, I plan on taking a week off, even if they have a gym. I need it. Just want to keep my nutrition up for holding muscle. thx for replies. Adios in manana.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Don't want that, I'll be on a plane for 23hrs! HA.
    Also, I plan on taking a week off, even if they have a gym. I need it. Just want to keep my nutrition up for holding muscle. thx for replies. Adios in manana.
    what are your stats bro and what will your diet look like?

Just got back, didn't lose a lb. See how my strength is in the gym today. Damn all the food was either RICE or some fear factor looking shit. Glad I had all my supps. I also packed some Boost drinks for the extra calories. My diet sucked but hey it was a good break and I supprisingly didn't lose too much weight. Thanks for the replies.

Thread Information