Thread: lean protein

hawktribal is offline Senior Member

lean protein

i'm on a cutting diet and getting sick of tuna, lean steak and chicken.. what are some other types of meat that i can throw in there? is ground beef out of the question? pork?

on a side note, i'm running an ECA stack, but what exactly does the aspirin do? if it doesn't do much i'd like to cut it out. thanks

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Pork Tenderloin is lean, 98% lean ground beef, ground turkey, most fish....

You can the asprin out if you want, aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production, which prolongs the thermogenic effects of ECA and increases metabolism by sustaining elevated cAMP levels. But this effect appears to be more dramatic with the obese, so its up to you. I personally don't use it.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    i'm on a cutting diet and getting sick of tuna, lean steak and chicken.. what are some other types of meat that i can throw in there? is ground beef out of the question? pork?

on a side note, i'm running an ECA stack, but what exactly does the aspirin do? if it doesn't do much i'd like to cut it out. thanks
    Ive never had any but deer, but game meat such as bison, ostrich, deer and elk arelow in fat and may have a diffrent taste than your usual cow. Anyone have any of these

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I've had Buffalo which is almost fat free and very very good. Has to be cooked properly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I've had Buffalo which is almost fat free and very very good. Has to be cooked properly though.
    Is it more expensive than regular beef?

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    Ive never had any but deer, but game meat such as bison, ostrich, deer and elk arelow in fat and may have a diffrent taste than your usual cow. Anyone have any of these

unfortunately in these parts of the woods i just cant go into the grocery store and get a nice slab of wildebeast so im all about the ever so boring steak, fish and chicken variety myself. i guess living in jersey has its disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    unfortunately in these parts of the woods i just cant go into the grocery store and get a nice slab of wildebeast so im all about the ever so boring steak, fish and chicken variety myself. i guess living in jersey has its disadvantages.
    These food are not approved by the FDA so they have to be bought at private farms. There is a bison farm around my place somewhere a lot of places have them you just gotta look

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor

ive tried deer once, cooked by a mauri tribe in new zealand

it was feckin horrible
    like eating rubber

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Shrimp
    lobster
    ground chicken, turkey
    turkey breast

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    buffalo is tasty and you can usually find it at a health food store...but kangaroo is delicious...might have to go down under for that one though.

Thread Information