Thread: Flax Seed

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member

Flax Seed

I relize there is a ton of threads on this but i still cant find what im looking for, just a simple question......i have flax seed oil but its in capsule form as opposed to liquid, so how many 1000mg caps a day are good?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    i would consume around 14, 1000 mg pills with each pro/fat shake i have. However, I would purchase the liquid form and measure out a tbsp. its much more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    i would consume around 14, 1000 mg pills with each pro/fat shake i have. However, I would purchase the liquid form and measure out a tbsp. its much more convenient.
    SAY WHAT!?....14 a sitting, that means a bottle would last like a week, so how many grams in a tblsp?, i assume its much more economical. Would you say maybe 2 tbls split throughout the day with one going to pwo?
    Last edited by Dalton5; 11-04-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Definietly much more economical. 1 tbsp has 14 grams of fat, and theres 32 tbsp in a bottle (at least my size bottle).

Thanks for the help 305guy, after talking to some people ive decided to just get ground up flax and throw it in a shake......im not sure how many grams of fat in a tbs of the real stuff though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    Thanks for the help 305guy, after talking to some people ive decided to just get ground up flax and throw it in a shake......im not sure how many grams of fat in a tbs of the real stuff though?
    I was given a bag of real flax seed once and the nutrition facts said it had carbs in it. So make sure what you get has a nutrtion fact chart or you could throw your macros off.

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    I was given a bag of real flax seed once and the nutrition facts said it had carbs in it. So make sure what you get has a nutrtion fact chart or you could throw your macros off.
    Shit you had me scared there for a second, checked it out though and theres only 4g carbs/2 tbls so it shouldnt be an issue. Just one more question b4 this thread dies.......if theres 4.5g of fat in 2 tbls then should 3-4 tbls a day be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    Just one more question b4 this thread dies.......if theres 4.5g of fat in 2 tbls then should 3-4 tbls a day be enough?
    Its not really "tbsp per day." its all about your meal macros. I would consume 3 -4 tbsp per pro/fat meal. Meaning if i have a protein shake i would have around 14g of EFA's (3-4 tbsp of your flax).

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    1 tsp is 5ml
    1 tbsp is 15 ml

Flax oil is 100% fat

a tbsp is around 14 grams of fat

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    The whole flax seeds I just bought:

3 tbsp
    P: 6 g
    C:7.5 g (7 g fiber)
    F:13.5 g

Just thought I throw it out there. Haven't tried them yet, but SOOOO much cheaper than getting the capsules. Grind them in a coffee grinder for shakes and your good to go.

Thread Information