Pembo is offline Junior Member

Post workout nutrition

Is this right?

Immediatly after weights (45-60 mins) a protein shake (50g). Then cardio for 20-40 mins, after cardio simple sugars about 80g. Then 45 minutes later complex carbs (100g) and protein (50 g).

If no cardio is it 80g simple sugars and 50g protein immediatly after weights, then 1 hr later 100g complex carbs and 50g protein.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If you're asking about what to consume and when then my advice is two fold (for most men)

1. Don't do cardio on your weight training days. You should not need much carbs after cardio since your primary fuel source (hopefully) is fat. The only factor is to keep the intensity low enough to successfully burn fat and not muscle glycogen.

2. Immediately after training consume 5 grams of creatine and about 100 grams of carbs.

3. Follow that an hour or so later with 40-60 grams of protien.

Rationale: Since your body is in a catabolic state after training You have to replace the muscle glycogen first to stop the breakdown of muscle protein. Then within 90 minutes you want to feed the muscles your protein for repairing the cells.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you Dumbells, but I would try to get that protein in sooner than 90 min postwork out, pound the carbs, 15-30 min later pound the protein if you want to be scientific about it, honestly I feel it's going to make that much diference whether you mix you protein and carbs in one shake or not, either way your getting nutrients.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I try to get at least 60g of protein and around 50g of carbs within half an hour of my weight training after taking 5 g of creatine.You can get to comprehensive about it all.

Farmer is offline Member
    an hour or so after my post workout shake I have 2 rice cakes and 3 chicken drumsticks....this cool?? or should i get a protein shake as well, the chicken is like 35 grams of protein.

peace

Farmer is offline Member
    bump

Thread Information