jsimon is offline Associate Member

Egg Whites In The Cartons

You know the egg white liquid that you can buy in the store comes in ethier pintz or quartz I think. Can you just straight up drink those things raw?
    Last edited by jsimon; 11-18-2005 at 04:29 PM.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    not all brands you can. the brand i use is pasteurized so its totally ok to drink raw. make sure you buy the pasteurized ones. sometimes if i dont feel like cooking them ill down some, its not a waste either because i do believe that the bioavailability of egg protein is higher raw then it is cooked. so just mix some with your whey or if your bulking blend it with some orange juice like an orange julius.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    not all brands you can. the brand i use is pasteurized so its totally ok to drink raw. make sure you buy the pasteurized ones. sometimes if i dont feel like cooking them ill down some, its not a waste either because i do believe that the bioavailability of egg protein is higher raw then it is cooked. so just mix some with your whey or if your bulking blend it with some orange juice like an orange julius.
    Nah its higher cooked

cb25 is offline Banned
    as long as it's pasteurized, the egg white cartons are fine to drink -- i can't imagine it'd taste all that good, but you'd be fine to do so.

yeah the ones I buy are pasteurized...yeah thats what I wanted to do...pour it in my shakes. Cause I dont mind that taste of it.

is it possible to pastuerise an egg at home? the eggs i buy are from chickens that have been vaccinated against salmonella, but i dont know whether that means the eggs will be safe as well!?

just we cant buy egg whites over here from the stores, have to buy them online!

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    The human body cannot digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the "Rocky Routine" with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time. Because of the Avidin found in a raw egg white, your body cannot digest a raw egg white. Not to mention the threat of Salmonella. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to digest the protein. Too much Avidin in your system can cause a Biotin deficiency.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    wheres the proof that the body cant ingest a raw egg white? and if they are pasteurized your not gonna get salmonella.

a whole raw egg can get you salmonella...and i just gave you proof on the raw egg white. avidin in egg whites will not let you digest the protein properly. go do a search man. you can find this stuff just searching on yahoo.

so your saying that the pasterized egg whites in the carton will make you sick if you drink it? I found out by law all places need to do salmonella tests on thier pasterized eggs. So unless your buying your egg whites from the man sitting on the corner of a street. I highly doubt you are going to get sick from it.
    Last edited by jsimon; 11-07-2005 at 03:00 PM.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    From what I remember as a kid, the characters in the 'cartoons' did not take the time to separate egg whites. I'm glad we have brought this subject up though, because I have lots of questions on Popeye's spinach diet.

dear lord okay forget the salmonella threat okay...AVIDIN!!! you cant digest the protein because of AVIDIN in uncooked egg whites...DOES THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?!?!?!? sorry for shouting but jesus!

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    I used to drink them all the time...There's very little taste, yet it tastes like milk...But they make you ultra gasy and ROTTING eggs is the smell that comes out of your a$$...

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    i love Cartoons

Actually....on the back of the container it even says just pour into your favorite fruit blend to make a healthy protein drink.
    Last edited by jsimon; 11-08-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimon
    Actually....on the back of the container it even says just pour into your favorite fruit blend to make a healthy protein drink.
    yeah cook em and then poor em in there LOL JUST KIDDING do what you like to...i provide proof that this isnt healthy or effective and lets not forget about the damn bird flu that is no longer a threat if it is cooked, and people dont wanna respond to it...go figure.

Just drop it about the proof. Cause there isnt any.

uh huh.

Albumen in the urine is a general sign, as studies show that a significantly higher amount of malabsorbed protein (egg) was found in the urine of healthy individuals (1). Stable isotope techniques are used to determine the digestibility of raw eggs vs. cooked eggs. In another study, using this method, it was demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment (2). Heat-pretreatment of course being cooked.
    Not to mention you have a 1 in 30,000 chance to get salmonella from a raw egg. Also, if you blend raw eggs or whatever, you can break up the chemical bonds of amino acids where as cooking them can hook the bonds together, which inevitably is the objective.

(1) Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans.
    Evenepoel P, Claus D, Geypens B, Hiele M, Geboes K, Rutgeerts P, Ghoos Y. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium.

(2) Digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein in humans as assessed by stable isotope techniques.
    Evenepoel P, Geypens B, Luypaerts A, Hiele M, Ghoos Y, Rutgeerts P. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.

sit down!

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    Albumen in the urine is a general sign, as studies show that a significantly higher amount of malabsorbed protein (egg) was found in the urine of healthy individuals (1). Stable isotope techniques are used to determine the digestibility of raw eggs vs. cooked eggs. In another study, using this method, it was demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment (2). Heat-pretreatment of course being cooked.
    Not to mention you have a 1 in 30,000 chance to get salmonella from a raw egg. Also, if you blend raw eggs or whatever, you can break up the chemical bonds of amino acids where as cooking them can hook the bonds together, which inevitably is the objective.

(1) Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans.
    Evenepoel P, Claus D, Geypens B, Hiele M, Geboes K, Rutgeerts P, Ghoos Y. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium.

(2) Digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein in humans as assessed by stable isotope techniques.
    Evenepoel P, Geypens B, Luypaerts A, Hiele M, Ghoos Y, Rutgeerts P. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.
    great post KAPT....

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    If you don't feel like cooking eggs or just too damn lazy, have a protein shake instead.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Relax bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    sit down!

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Relax bro.

haha that "sit down" thing was a joke...jsimon knows that me and him are tight.

Thread Information