kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

possible to drink to much water?

okay i recently started buying water by the gallon jug (dear lord they are only 64 cents at wal mart for a gallon) just to see how much water i am actually drinking throughout the day....holy crap i am drinking atleast 2 1/2 gallons consistently....am i going to get bloated? i wouldnt think so because i heard that drinking lots of water actually makes the water act as a diuretic because of the constant running to the bathroom (got this off of melvin anthony's column in MD). i seriously probably will finish my 3rd gallon before the night is over....once again is this okay?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Its perfectly fine. I try and have atleast 2 gallons ED.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    2 gallons is what i drink a day, but yes it is possible to drink to much water. im not going to list all the details but what happens is your body can only expel so much at a time, so when you reach a certain point your water starts drawing salt from throughout your body into your gut. when this happens your brain can swell and well that can then lead to death. there are many documented cases of this . if i recall there have been a few military people this has happened to. but 2 gallons should be fine. i think youd have to start getting into extreme amounts like 4 or more on a consistent basis, who knows though.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    2 gallons is what i drink a day, but yes it is possible to drink to much water. im not going to list all the details but what happens is your body can only expel so much at a time, so when you reach a certain point your water starts drawing salt from throughout your body into your gut. when this happens your brain can swell and well that can then lead to death. there are many documented cases of this . if i recall there have been a few military people this has happened to. but 2 gallons should be fine. i think youd have to start getting into extreme amounts like 4 or more on a consistent basis, who knows though.

wheres ur proof? hahahah just kidding im givin you a hard time for your lil comment on my comment about the egg whites raw. thanks for the info yall.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Its called Water Intox, you can fark up your electrolytes etc...

I worked in the health care field and we had a few clients 1:1 eye sight for water intox

They would be drunk as shit and slurring words etc...

cb25 is offline Banned
    Is it possible? Yes. -- water intox, as was mentioned, aka hyponatremia.

Is it likely, considering how much food we all eat? Not really. couple gallons ED won't hurt ya.

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    Hyponatremia only occurs in cases of marathon runners. It can't even occur for the casual runner who may run 4-6 miles a day. One would need to consistently drink water for 17+ miles in order to become hyponatremic. Other than that, there's really no way to get the condition.

Thread Information