anything wrong with incline cardio?

hey guys,

im trying to lose fat at the mo and i know to keep my MHR between 65-75%. I do cardio 5 times a week, first thing in morning on empty stomach.

I have been using the bike since i startd about 8 weeks ago, and doing 45 minutes on it. problem is is that when i finish, my hamstrings, calves and glutes are in agony, and the pain hasnt gotten any easier over the weeks. Its like no blood has been getting to the muscle and then there is this massive rush and its really painful, i find it difficult to stand up never mind go get showered!

so anyway, today i did 30 minutes on the bike, and did another 20 minutes on the treadmill at a high incline, but keeping my heart rate in the 65-75% range. is this fine for burning fat? i assume so but i just want to make sure

also, what do i eat after my cardio? ive been having a bowl of oats with 2 scoops protein poweder in it. would it be best if i try for pro/fat meal or stick with pro/carb?

thanks

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Funny, i am having the same problem so i have resorted to incline, fast pace walking on the treadmill. I see now problem with this as long as your heart rate is between the 65-75% and your going for about 45 mins

What time do you perform cardio? I usually stick with pro/fat after cardio only.

i do my cardio between 7:30am- 8:15am. what i used to do is 45 mins on the bike, but i was thinking now of going for 30 minutes on the bike and then 20 minutes on the incline treadmill. i did it today for the forst time, felt a lot better on my fat ass, lol. the incline treadmill doesnt tire me out or anything but it makes me sweat like mad!

total cardio is about 45-50 minutes, that sufficient?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Brisk walk on an incline is awesome.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    if you are doing the cardio first thing in morning
    have pro/carb meal after the cardio ..
    go with your normal diet there shouldnt be any problem

TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20
    hey guys,

im trying to lose fat at the mo and i know to keep my MHR between 65-75%. I do cardio 5 times a week, first thing in morning on empty stomach.

I have been using the bike since i startd about 8 weeks ago, and doing 45 minutes on it. problem is is that when i finish, my hamstrings, calves and glutes are in agony, and the pain hasnt gotten any easier over the weeks. Its like no blood has been getting to the muscle and then there is this massive rush and its really painful, i find it difficult to stand up never mind go get showered!

so anyway, today i did 30 minutes on the bike, and did another 20 minutes on the treadmill at a high incline, but keeping my heart rate in the 65-75% range. is this fine for burning fat? i assume so but i just want to make sure

also, what do i eat after my cardio? ive been having a bowl of oats with 2 scoops protein poweder in it. would it be best if i try for pro/fat meal or stick with pro/carb?

thanks
    -you should stretch before & after your cardio session .
    -for the bike , try to lowr the intensity and up the RPM. so if you r doing 45 mins on level 6 with RPM 80 i. e, do it on level 5 and up the RPM to 85 .

-bike is a great cardio equipment, but do not hit it hard

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    When talking about bikes. A article in a swedish newspaper claimed to much biking can make you impotent something about cutting of blood supply to the dick. It claimed professional bikers sometimes cant get it up properly for months after a long race.

Thread Information