305GUY is offline Anabolic Member

Quick diet question for ya

Since salmon is such a fatty fish, should it be consumed with carbs? for example in my ppwo meal tonight? Thanks in advance.

TR'05 is offline Member
    I always cook up salmon with a little mayo spread on it and eat it with some brocolli, occasionally- great PRO/FAT meal. I wouldn't use it for a PPWO, though, if you were looking for PRO/CARB meal....maybe save it for your next P/F meal....thats just me tho...

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    no dont have it with pro/carb meal..
    if you are bulking i dont think it really makes big deal...
    if not i dont think you should have it with salmon.....
    brocolli is ok tho...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    since its primarly good fats as long as you consume it w/ a MODERATE AMOUNT of high quality carbs i.e. Oats or Barly or i suppose even brown rice it shud be fine..

i know several people who combine good fats and carbs in their meals even when prepping for comp's and they do JUST FINE so dont sweat it

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    From a scientific standpoint, the evidence is clear that when fats are present during the post workout period, the carbohydrates that are in the blood are likely to be shuttled into the fat cells and not into the muscle cells. But despite what studies have shown, not everyone reacts the same when eating a meal containing fat (>5 grams) and carbs. So based on research and real life experiences, I would do my best to avoid any fat content in the post-workout period. (that is if you are trying to promote fat loss and muscle gain). But, thats not to say you can't. Trail-and-error is always the best course of action to take!
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 11-14-2005 at 05:02 PM.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for the responses. Just finished my pwo shake and i'm just going to go buy some chicken breasts. I'll save the salmon.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    From a scientific standpoint, the evidence is clear that when fats are present during the post workout period, the carbohydrates that are in the blood are likely to be shuttled into the fat cells and not into the muscle cells. But despite what studies have shown, not everyone reacts the same when eating a meal containing fat (>5 grams) and carbs. So based on research and real life experiences, I would do my best to avoid any fat content in the post-workout period. (that is if you are trying to promote fat loss and muscle gain). But, thats not to say you can't. Trail-and-error is always the best course of action to take!

exactlly what i was thinking, a friend of mine use to have 10oz chicken with 2 tbls pb and some oats after workout and he is shredded so idunno up to u bruh

Thread Information