FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"

Can someone please critique this diet..

I am planning on running a carb cycle diet in which I do three days of low/moderate carbs and then bump them up on the 4th day, here it is..

BTW- I am 230 at about 16-17 percent right now and I am looking to get down to around 9-10 percent. I will be running 6 kits of Jin, 500 mgs of Primo for 12 weeks, and about 30-40mgs ED of Anavar for 8 weeks..

Low Carb

Meal 1 3/4 cup oatmeal
    6 eggwhites
    1/2 grapefruit
    1 Tablespoon Flax

Meal 2
    Oatmeal 3/4 cup
    6 eggwhites

Meal 3
    5oz yams
    4oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Cup Broccoli

Meal 4
    5oz Grilled Chicken
    10 Asparugus Spears Grilled
    1 Tablespoon of Flax

Meal 5
    Myoplex shake

Meal 6
    Tuna
    Cup Broccoli

High carb

Meal 1
    Shredded Wheat 1.5 cups
    Skim Milk 2 Cups
    1/2 Grapefruit

Meal 2
    2/3 cip Oatmeal
    5 Eggwhites
    1Whole egg

Meal 3
    1 Cup Brown Rice
    5oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Cup Broccoli

Meal 4
    5 oz Grilled Chicken
    6oz Green beans

Meal 5
    5 oz Chicken Breast
    10 Asparugus spears
    1 Tablespoon Flax

Meal 6
    Tuna
    1 cup Broccoli
    1/s Tablespoon Flax

Bump...Anyone..Information would be much appreciated!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Where are you pre and post workout meals?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Where are you pre and post workout meals?
    Oops sorry post work out will be Dextrose and protien

Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    I am planning on running a carb cycle diet in which I do three days of low/moderate carbs and then bump them up on the 4th day, here it is..

BTW- I am 230 at about 16-17 percent right now and I am looking to get down to around 9-10 percent. I will be running 6 kits of Jin, 500 mgs of Primo for 12 weeks, and about 30-40mgs ED of Anavar for 8 weeks..

Low Carb

Meal 1 3/4 cup oatmeal
    6 eggwhites
    1/2 grapefruit
    1 Tablespoon Flax
    Drop the Flax here

Meal 2
    Oatmeal 3/4 cup
    6 eggwhites

Meal 3
    5oz yams
    4oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Cup Broccoli

Meal 4
    5oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Tablespoon of Flax

Meal 5
    Myoplex shake

Meal 6
    Tuna
    Cup Broccoli
    Add Flax here

High carb

Meal 1
    Shredded Wheat 1.5 cups
    Skim Milk 2 Cups
    1/2 Grapefruit

Meal 2
    2/3 cip Oatmeal
    5 Eggwhites
    1Whole egg

Meal 3
    1 Cup Brown Rice
    5oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Cup Broccoli

Meal 4
    5 oz Grilled Chicken
    6oz Green beans

Meal 5
    5 oz Chicken Breast
    10 Asparugus spears
    1 Tablespoon Flax

Meal 6
    Tuna
    1 cup Broccoli
    1/s Tablespoon Flax
    These are my suggestions from the info you provided, it'd be easier to make other suggestions if you provided macro break down, daily cals, as well as stats.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Why such low protein content per meal? Any reason?

These are my suggestions from the info you provided, it'd be easier to make other suggestions if you provided macro break down, daily cals, as well as stats.
    Hight carb is around 2500 cals and 220 grams protien 330 carbs and 38 grams fat

Lower carb is 2200 cals 240 grams protien 162 carbs 55 grams fat

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Why such low protein content per meal? Any reason?
    Its in between 30-40 grams per meal is that to low ya think? Some of the meals are just above 40 grams..

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member

Low Carb

Meal 1 3/4 cup oatmeal
    6 eggwhites
    1/2 grapefruit
    1 Tablespoon Flaxdrop flax, you have oatmeal

Meal 2
    Oatmeal 3/4 cup
    6 eggwhites

Meal 3
    5oz yams
    4oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Cup Broccoli

Meal 4
    5oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Tablespoon of Flax

Meal 5
    Myoplex shake

Meal 6
    Tuna
    Cup Broccoli
    add some fats here

High carb

Meal 1
    Shredded Wheat 1.5 cups
    Skim Milk 2 Cupsadd some protein
    1/2 Grapefruit

Meal 2
    2/3 cip Oatmeal
    5 Eggwhites
    1Whole eggloose the yolk in this one too and make the oatmeal 1 cup

Meal 3
    1 Cup Brown Rice
    5oz Grilled Chicken
    1 Cup Broccoli

Meal 4
    5 oz Grilled Chicken
    6oz Green beansadd some brown rice or something here

Meal 5
    5 oz Chicken Breast
    10 Asparugus spears
    1 Tablespoon Flax

Meal 6
    Tuna
    1 cup Broccoli
    1/s Tablespoon Flax
    the things in bold are my suggestions. looks very good overall though. i didn't calculate the cals, pro, carbs, and fats though but i think its fine just by looking at it.
    oh and var dose looks very low and, no test? why?
    Last edited by fitnessguy; 11-14-2005 at 04:24 PM.

BTW just an FYi if ya didnt see I am trying to cut down about 7 percent.. The higher carb meal is right around my maintance cals for the day and then I dropped the lower carb to around 2200 cals 500 under maintance..

I hope I did this right but if not I will revamp because I want to start this tommorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    the things in bold are my suggestions. looks very good overall though. i didn't calculate the cals, pro, carbs, and fats though but i think its fine just by looking at it.
    Milk is fine so long as its skim, the sugars in milk are not processed at all, they are low GI and a good carb source.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    Oh Im sorry I am going to run Test E with it because prop gets me really sick..

oh yes and drop the flax in meal 1 of low carb. i didn't see the oatmeal...

Milk is fine so long as its skim, the sugars in milk are not processed at all, they are low GI and a good carb source.
    hmmm, not to argue, but i disagree with that. how would the sugar in skim milk not be high GI? skim milk has prolly got more sugar than whole due to the lack of flavor without the fat...

No, all milk has 13g of sugar per 8oz. That sugar is Lactose, which happens to be very hard to digest, which is why some people bloat up cause theya re lactose intolerant. Skim has max GI rating of about 42, making it one of the lowest GI foods that you can eat. So even though the label reads sugar, its very misleading.

Thanks for all of the information Bro's.. I will be starting the transformation tommorrow and I will keep the results updated.. Btw I will be also doing 45 min cardio 4x's a week..

No, all milk has 13g of sugar per 8oz. That sugar is Lactose, which happens to be very hard to digest, which is why some people bloat up cause theya re lactose intolerant. Skim has max GI rating of about 42, making it one of the lowest GI foods that you can eat. So even though the label reads sugar, its very misleading.
    interesting, thanks Giantz. I'm still not drinkin it though does make me feel bloated though....

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    maybe the shredded wheat is throwing me off...but it seems like your low carb day has the same amount of carbs as the high days...? im guessing the myoplex shake has 42g carbs (if i remember correctly)

low:
    3/4c oats - 39g
    1/2 grapefruit - 12g
    3/4c oats - 39g
    5oz yam - 34g
    myoplex shake - 42g
    total - 166g
    plus you said you have whey/dex shakes after workouts

high:
    1 1/2c shredded wheat - 65g (estimate)
    milk - 16g
    1/2 grapefruit - 12g
    2/3c oats - 34g
    1c brown rice - 46g
    total: 173g

am i missing something???

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree......

THe other side of the coin

Although milk has a low gi rating, studies have shown that milk seems to release insulin out of proportion with their glycemic index (or the rate of glucose appearance into the blood). In a few studies last year published in the British Journal of Nutrition, milk was discussed as a highly insulin-releasing drink (Br J Nutr 2000 Mar;83 Suppl 1:S149-55).
    A few other studies were conducted to examine what component (the lactose, the protein, etc) of milk actually leads to this large insulin release. It appears that it's not the lactose content that leads to the insulin response since both normal skim milk and low-lactose skim milk lead to the same high insulin levels (Z Ernahrungswiss 1987 Mar; 26(1): 52-5.). From this work, it appears that the interaction between either the protein components of milk and perhaps some other unknown components of milk may be responsible for the insulin release.

I don't know one bodybuilder that includes milk (skim or whatever) in their diet. I can see if you are bulking, but anyone interested in fat-loss, milk is not an ideal carb source. Actually its far from ideal. I can probably name at least 10 other carb sources that are much better than milk for improving your physique.

Although milk has a low gi rating, studies have shown that milk seems to release insulin out of proportion with their glycemic index (or the rate of glucose appearance into the blood). In a few studies last year published in the British Journal of Nutrition, milk was discussed as a highly insulin-releasing drink (Br J Nutr 2000 Mar;83 Suppl 1:S149-55).
    A few other studies were conducted to examine what component (the lactose, the protein, etc) of milk actually leads to this large insulin release. It appears that it's not the lactose content that leads to the insulin response since both normal skim milk and low-lactose skim milk lead to the same high insulin levels (Z Ernahrungswiss 1987 Mar; 26(1): 52-5.). From this work, it appears that the interaction between either the protein components of milk and perhaps some other unknown components of milk may be responsible for the insulin release.
    That's speculated because of the Amino's within milk. Since both carbs and amino's are insulinogenic it makes sense that milk would produce more insulin. However that really doesn't matter as the Glycemic Index measures the rise in blood sugar, not total insulin secreted. When dieting or doing anything else for that matter blood sugar levels are the main concern. So while more total insulin may be secreted in response to milk, blood sugar is elveted at a slow and steady level, keep blood sugar stably plateued.

I don't know one bodybuilder that includes milk (skim or whatever) in their diet. I can see if you are bulking, but anyone interested in fat-loss, milk is not an ideal carb source. Actually its far from ideal. I can probably name at least 10 other carb sources that are much better than milk for improving your physique.

I on the other hand know plenty, and I'm not sure why its not a good carb source as I responded to you insulin issue above.

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    maybe the shredded wheat is throwing me off...but it seems like your low carb day has the same amount of carbs as the high days...? im guessing the myoplex shake has 42g carbs (if i remember correctly)

low:
    3/4c oats - 39g
    1/2 grapefruit - 12g
    3/4c oats - 39g
    5oz yam - 34g
    myoplex shake - 42g
    total - 166g
    plus you said you have whey/dex shakes after workouts

high:
    1 1/2c shredded wheat - 65g (estimate)
    milk - 16g
    1/2 grapefruit - 12g
    2/3c oats - 34g
    1c brown rice - 46g
    total: 173g

am i missing something???
    Sorry in meal 4 I forgot to add 3/4 cup brown rice.. and Meal 6 whole wheat pita..

I'm not questioning your knowledge bro. It's quite evident that you know your stuff. I'm simply presenting a different viewpoint.

I on the other hand know plenty, and I'm not sure why its not a good carb source as I responded to you insulin issue above.

It's all good. I just think that Milk has been misrepresented at times. It has a great amino specrtum and while it might not be the best carb source, it is low gi, which many people don't realize and will not impact blood sugar negatively. And its loaded with calcum and other vitamins.

i found this on the net: and honestly, i never knew of this... but i'm still not drinkin milk in a cutter

5. How long does it take our body to metabolize our sugar intake? It takes two to three hours for your body to completely metabolize your food or drink intake.
    6. What drink gives the body the largest sugar high? Drinks such as pop, and juices that have a high sugar value give you the largest sugar high.
    7. What drink helps the body to maintain the normal sugar high? Natural juices or skim milk would be examples of things that do not change your sugar high because they do not have additional sugars or ingredients in them.

thanks again for bringing that to my attention Giantz

I see your point man. That's just the thing. This has been an interesting topic for many years with no clear evidence pointing us one way or another. All said and done, milk certainly has its place in some diet's. If your on bulking diet, milk is a good addition. But if you are cutting (and perhaps prone to fat gain), I'd rather play it safe and pass up on milk. That's just me.

It's all good. I just think that Milk has been misrepresented at times. It has a great amino specrtum and while it might not be the best carb source, it is low gi, which many people don't realize and will not impact blood sugar negatively. And its loaded with calcum and other vitamins.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Sorry in meal 4 I forgot to add 3/4 cup brown rice.. and Meal 6 whole wheat pita..
    ok that makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    ok that makes sense now

Thread Information