Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Weight loss stops

What do you guys and girls do when the weight loss starts to stall??

I have been stuck now on 192 for 3-4 weeks and I dont think I can drop the kcal any lower because I am already down to around 1800/day.

I have been doing keto diet and I have now switched to ordinary medium carbs, low fat, medium protein diet. I think I will begin a carb cykling diet next week and se how that works.

Do you think that might get my weight loss going again?

A strange thing is that I seem to get leaner even when my weight dont drop, or maby its jut my imagination.

maby its time to go after the mirror instead of the damn scale.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Be carefull reintroducing carbs back into the diet at this point. Do it gradually to minimize the wrong kind of weight gains. Try upping the cardio if you want. If this is not an option at this point due to time restratants, ect try a thermogenic type product such as hydroxcut, theromgene, or the like.
    IC

I have been using clenbuterol earlier, acctualy i ate my last pills yesterday.

All ephedrin based products are illegal here in sweden so I can get a hold of them so easily

I can try upping the cardio but it will be hard to fit in, I take 1,5 hour walks everyday and I workout 4 times a week and bicycle after the workouts when I dont feel to washed upp.
    Gonna have a couple of rough weeks now when all the tests in school are aproching.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Stay realistic as much as you can...

Everyone hits a plateau when it comes to weight loss. You may resume losing some, but it will not be at the same level as your original weight loss.

You mentioned that you've plateaued at 192, but didn't say where you started. If that is you in the avatar, you appear to have a sufficient workout routine that it is probably not wise to go below 1,800 calories a day; some people can go to 1,500 or 1,200 and get adequate nutrition, but not if they're burning a good deal of calories working out. I do concur with Tobey - if you suddenly add carbs or fat back into your diet, it could reverse your loss, so be careful in terms of total calories and make sure you include cardio in your routine.

You seem to have a good sense of realism - preparing for tests will obviously include much study time, and the most difficult challenge may be to study without an open bag of potato chips (or whatever they snack on in Sweden) next to you. The most important thing is an awareness of that trend, and you seem to have it.

At worst, it sounds like you've made great progress already - be thankful for that, and make the most of it.

Re: Stay realistic as much as you can...

Originally posted by TNT
    Everyone hits a plateau when it comes to weight loss. You may resume losing some, but it will not be at the same level as your original weight loss.

You mentioned that you've plateaued at 192, but didn't say where you started. If that is you in the avatar, you appear to have a sufficient workout routine that it is probably not wise to go below 1,800 calories a day; some people can go to 1,500 or 1,200 and get adequate nutrition, but not if they're burning a good deal of calories working out. I do concur with Tobey - if you suddenly add carbs or fat back into your diet, it could reverse your loss, so be careful in terms of total calories and make sure you include cardio in your routine.

You seem to have a good sense of realism - preparing for tests will obviously include much study time, and the most difficult challenge may be to study without an open bag of potato chips (or whatever they snack on in Sweden) next to you. The most important thing is an awareness of that trend, and you seem to have it.

At worst, it sounds like you've made great progress already - be thankful for that, and make the most of it.
    Thanks, I started at 220 this christmas so I have dropped quit a bit, but I was expecting to drop to maby 176-180 for the summer, the great thing is that I have added muscle mass and strenght while cutting down thanks to a westside routine and keto, so I am pretty satsified, but I have an awfull amount of fat on my chest and that is my biggest troubble spot, it just looks like shit , and my back is way leaner then my front to.

Yepp btw that is me in the avatar and yeahh we snack on potato chips here but I save them for my eating days

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    take one days and bing eat whatever you want seems to jump start metabolism. Another trick i find helpful is not to eat same calories days after day, your body adapts very quickly.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Definitely try what ec is recommending Johan.... works great for some people.

Just keep training hard (still doing the powerlifting stuff?) and try to eat as well as you can. It WILL come with perserverance.

BTW your weight may have stabilised for the medium term whilst still getting leaner from the reintroduction of the carbs (glycogen holds water with it at 1 part to 3 respectively) and the subsequent re-elevation of your gylcogen stores.

def

I ended the powerliting routine last week, gonna do bodybuilding for 2 weeks now and then switch back to powerlifting again.

I do have one eating day every week, without it I would never stand to diet, I just love chips and shit way to much.

But about the kcal, I guess Il have to variate them more, I have keept my kcal pretty constant betwen 1800-1900 kcal/day the last couple of weeks.

Maby a week with 2200-2400 kcal/day can restore my metabolism a bit without making me gain weight?

BTW anyony have any tips for getting rid of water?? The water I have in my body is so damn stubborn that I am starting to think I have higher then normal estrogen levels.
    Even in full keto I didnt drop any water, switching from keto do normal diet doesnt seem to inpackt my water lvls att all. Neiher does any supplement like creatin.

I drink around 6-7 liters water/day and I dont eat much sodium at all.

John, maybe you should try some proviron if you think your oestrogen levels are high...? It's in the drug profile list on AR...

def

Hum it would be interesting,
    but I dont like the fact that it is slightely suppresive on the HTPA and a androgen.
    Wouldnt a mild dose of arimixed or nolva be a better choise??

BTW about the htpa suppresion how do you feel that provirion affects you and what dosage would you recomend if I try it??

BTW very awsome lat spread in your avatar

primodonna is offline Female Member
    try some dandelion root for the water
    What happens here, stays here

Hum okay, Il just have to figure out wtf the name for dandelion root is on swedish

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I think you guys are overcomplicating this. Three things work: Lower carbs, lower fat, increase cardio.

You may get a slight bit of help from suplementst but the above three will have the biggest impact IMHO.

Hum seems like just the switch to a normal diet was enough to trigger more weight loss. I switched on monday to normal medium carb, medium protein low fat diet and I have already lost 2 pounds I now weight 189,2

Hehe, either that or you weighed yourself after a doing a number 2 on the toilet! haha! Well done... keep it going Johan! Beenie is right - certainly worked for him (amazing transformation Beenie).

proviron - do you take AS johan? If not then proviron maybe good for a long term test to see if you are naturally producing higher then normal oestrogen levels. If you are then you are right, one of the more traditional oestrogen blockers would be better.

Lat spread - ha ha!! Thanks bro! Before my pec tear I was doing strict wide grip chin for 20+ (best was 24) reps.

def

Nope I am natural now(will change this fall ).

How should I use provirion to test what you said??

I'm no expert but maybe you could try 1 tab in the morning (and possibly a second in the evening to make it 50mg a day) for a month with your continued dieting and see what happens...

I'm quite hopeful for you Johan. I've been taking them for a few months now and have noticed a pretty radical improvement (I genuinely believe higher than normal oestrogen levels play a significant factor in wide spread occurance of the endomorphic body type - I would explain but am worried I'll bore you to tears! LOL!). It allows me to eat more pizzas! j/k... hehehe

def

PS Johan do you keep training or diet logs by any chance?

def

Hum okay thanks, sounds interesting, I think I have to give it a try.

Yepp I have a training log and my diet is saved for the last couple of months online on www.fitday.com

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    You've lost what...35 lbs since Christmas? That's fantastic. You're body is still trying to adjust and it's a good thing to try and take a break, maintain your progress and focus on getting your diet to normal. Tobey gave you good advice on the gradual reintroducing carbs. Keto diets are hard on the kidneys and they've been working overtime for quite a few months. Sit back and plan your diet/workouts for the next few months and be focused on the quality of carbs, protein and fats (EFA's). As for the H2O retention, keep drinking a gallon or so a day and see if you don't start flushing a bit more out. Try and stay off everything (fat burners etc)for a couple months so you'r body can adjust. Perhaps a change of cardio method and intensity will spark your body as well.

Keep up the good work!

Good luck bro!

That site seems great! I'll have to sign up. I'm currently writing something similar but with a VERY different slant.... I'll PM you about it when I get a mo.

def

Originally posted by dumbells101
    You've lost what...35 lbs since Christmas? That's fantastic. You're body is still trying to adjust and it's a good thing to try and take a break, maintain your progress and focus on getting your diet to normal. Tobey gave you good advice on the gradual reintroducing carbs. Keto diets are hard on the kidneys and they've been working overtime for quite a few months. Sit back and plan your diet/workouts for the next few months and be focused on the quality of carbs, protein and fats (EFA's). As for the H2O retention, keep drinking a gallon or so a day and see if you don't start flushing a bit more out. Try and stay off everything (fat burners etc)for a couple months so you'r body can adjust. Perhaps a change of cardio method and intensity will spark your body as well.

Keep up the good work!
    Thats what I am trying to tell myself but when I se myself in the mirror everyday I dont notice the change much
    I wanted abs so much this summer but I still have a long way to go before I have visible abs, ohh well maby next summer.

and yeah its great taking some time off the diet, a couple of weeks there I was realy washed upp depresed and slow, everything was like shit (the thing that keept me going was that I need to be in decent shape when I do my first cycle this fall) it doesnt help much that in the winter we here in my town only get like 2 hours of sunlight and the rest is winter darkness, and taking fat burning walks in -30 degres and complete darkness is a bitch.

But now when I have taken it easy for a week or 2 and alowed myself to cheat a bit and had time to hang out with my friends again I feel like a whole new person.

Damn I have much respect for beenie, IIbeastcd or any competitive bodybuilder that put themself to a much worse hell then my little diet.

Originally posted by defdaz
    Good luck bro!

That site seems great! I'll have to sign up. I'm currently writing something similar but with a VERY different slant.... I'll PM you about it when I get a mo.

def
    Do you mean that you are writing a similar website? cool .
    And yeah that site is great, It would have been hell to go through food tables every day and calculate on paper what I have eaten

Johan, it's all about conviction and having the determination to reach your goals. If you want abs showing for summer then hell, go get em! Don't take no for an answer. You've done great already - 2 1/2 stones is simply fantastic which ever way you look at it.

Think of it as a learning experience and enjoy it! Thrive on the challenge and you will gain more knowledge and wisdom through your efforts!!

As Eric Cartman said:

"Go for your dreams, you can reach your goals... beefcake. BEEEFCAAAAAKE!!!"

HAHA!!!

Yep, something similar but for weight trainers who need and want the best.... intweeeging hey?! LOL! Wanna be a beta tester?

def

Hehe sure if you would let me
    just as long as it is able to caculate kilograms instead of pounds and meters instead of inches and feet

LOL! I'll have to recode it ALL NOW!

j/k...

It's getting there, another week or so yet bro.

def

Thread Information