Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chest6 is offline Banned

New Bulking Diet

Im just playin around with some ideas at this point..how does this look? Subject to change..

1. 1 cup oats, 12 egg whites
    2. 2 baked potatoes, 1 chicken breast
    3. 1 large can tuna/ mayo
    4. preworkout shake 2 scoops whey 2 yams
    5. pwo 3 scoops whey 120g dextrose
    6. ppwo 2 chicken breasts 1 cup rice, 1 sweet potato
    7. lean meat 3 tbspoon natty pb
    8. 3 scoops whey 1.5 tbspoon flax

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Personally i would swap the baked potatoes for brown rice. Pre workout i would have a more solid protein source and a cup of oats. Would you really need the sweet potato with the cup of rice bro?

chest6 is offline Banned
    I was thinkin that too. I originally had preworkout oats but I decided to change it just for more carbs. My thinking here is just to add a lot of carbs fore more calories. I was shooting for 600g carbs or so and I was running out of ideas.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Im just playin around with some ideas at this point..how does this look? Subject to change..

Not bad at all.......if you can get that much in with those foods, by all means, do it. Personally, I think I would be stuffed silly....I'd much rather use a whole grain bread or bagel for a few meals......I also use cottage cheese for a meal as a protein source......just a way to give my stomach a break during my bulk........but I'm not nearly as clean as you are. I am, but every now and again, I'll go out, get a few subs, maybe some pizzzza....you know, have fun during the bulk cause I know the cut is oh too close.

I also toss in a thick ANPB sandwhich....make it the morning of and finish it throughout the day...if I forget, than I eat it at midnight or whenever I remember. Then, next week it's 2 ANPB.....3etc.....until the weight starts to move!

oh, not sure of your stats, but are you sure you need 3 scoops of whey?? and 120g of dext? Double the amount I take, but you may be double the size....
    Last edited by Kurz; 01-08-2006 at 05:31 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I'm 6 2 around 230 right now 18 years old..around 13-14% bf. I want to get back to 240 by summer. 3 scoops whey=+/- 60g protein

I can eat endlessly, I basically never get full, so I'm not worried about being able to eat this, I probably will go hungry throughout the day.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Any more ideas? Xtina/Giantz/Nark/steve0??

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Chest to much whey you outta know better

chest6 is offline Banned
    True, I got a bit carried away. That was my main problem with it.

editing...

4. 10-12 egg whites/ 2 yams
    5. pwo 50g whey 100g dextrose
    8. 2 scoops whey 2 tbspoon flax

Just by a quick overview this is at least 500g protein
    only 360g carbs
    around 100g fat

Only 4340 calories

My main thing here is to get up around 600g carbs..any suggestions of what and where to put it? I'm actually contemplating a 3rd postworkout meal. I want to shoot for at least 5k-5.5k calories.
    Last edited by chest6; 01-08-2006 at 10:53 PM.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    dude what i have done is toast 2cups of raw oats in the oven top it with cinnamon and eat it through out the day thats roughly an extra 90gs carbs

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to mention tasty!

chest6 is offline Banned
    True True..thats a good idea. I still got a ways to go until 600g carbs. Heres me going to the extreme..
    1. 1 1/2 cup oats, 12 egg whites
    2. 2 large potatoes, 1 chicken breast
    4. 10-12 egg whites/ 3 yams
    5. pwo 50g whey 100g dextrose
    6. ppwo 2 chicken breasts 1 cup rice, 2 sweet potatoes
    8. 2 scoops whey 2 tbspoon flax

I think that could hit 500g carbs depending on how big the sweet/baked potatoes and yams are.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    what the hell you need that many carbs for? thats too much...you wanna get to 240 before summer? i think you will be there in 2 weeks with 600 carbs.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Maybe so..I was pretty much thinking to take advantage that I'm bulking, got a little carried away. I think as long as I stay clean and do cardio 1-2 times a week I should be fine on the fat gain. Maintenance cals for me would be around 3000-3200 a day I am thinking. Maybe 5k is a tad high.

Kurz is offline Member
    IMHO, Too clean......don't be afraid to toss in a few "extra meals" here or there.....When I bulk, I like to bulk.......enjoy it, cause cutting sux. I didn't start really progressing until I hit up fast food, or an extra pb sandwhich with each of my meals, a day./......nothing crazy, just a couple of burgers, a sub, etc.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member

meal 2 drop potatoes for brown rice
    meal 4 1 scoop whey and another source of lean protein
    Meal 8 cottage cheese you can keep some of the whey since the fat from the flax and cottage cheese will slow absorption
    Fruits and veggies where they at?!?!?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    meal 2 drop potatoes for brown rice
    meal 4 1 scoop whey and another source of lean protein
    Meal 8 cottage cheese you can keep some of the whey since the fat from the flax and cottage cheese will slow absorption
    Fruits and veggies where they at?!?!?
    ah..yup forgot these..I'll look into making meal8 casein as well.

yeah gotta eat those veggies and remember you can cheat once a day if you are bulking...my favorite is wendy's spicy chicken and medium fries...damn those fries really fill you out it feels great. but just remember you are bulking which means dont be afraid of the fat gain..but when pool season is back you may wanna strip off some fat...so bulk til about april and then start cuttin back again til you are satisfied how you look and then clean bulk throughout pool season....atleast thats my plan anyways.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thats a good plan, I was wondering how I was going to do that myself. I wasn't sure if I would cut throughout summer or what..your idea seems much better. I will for sure leave more room for crappy food and eating what friends/family eats so I don't get yelled at anymore for not "eating normally".

So what about baked potatoes? Is it not a low GI carb? I'm not really familiar since I never messed with them during cutting anyway. Im guessing its sort of like white rice/ white bread which isn't as good for you as brown rice/wheat bread.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    thats a shit load of carbs

Thats a good plan, I was wondering how I was going to do that myself. I wasn't sure if I would cut throughout summer or what..your idea seems much better. I will for sure leave more room for crappy food and eating what friends/family eats so I don't get yelled at anymore for not "eating normally".

So what about baked potatoes? Is it not a low GI carb? I'm not really familiar since I never messed with them during cutting anyway. Im guessing its sort of like white rice/ white bread which isn't as good for you as brown rice/wheat bread.
    It annoys be so much when my manager says "when are you going to start eating properly" "you only need 3 meals a day" She says if i keep eating all the turkey i do i will get fat

Baked potato must be a high GI. Every time i eat one i feel all bloated and crap.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Must be..I would just eat it plain or maybe add a tad of the lowest fat margerine I can find..even though butter is practically fat anyway..thats like finding low sodium salt

chest6 is offline Banned
    Last question..What is the reasoning for exchanging brown rice for the baked potatoes?

i think baked potatoes are low gi bro...sweet potatoes are good too.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Good stuff..I thought so. I'll add some fruits and veggies and ill be good to go

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i agree that is a ton of carbs chest, but if you know your body can handle it then you should be fine. plus, you've been cutting for a while...so your metabolism is probably quite a bit slower than when you were eating normally. so, you might wanna try ramping your calories to avoid excessive/fast fat gain.

i would do yams instead of white potatoes most of the time...but a couple times a week the white ones would be fine. As you gain mass and you think you can afford to do it...some pasta, white rice, whole grain products may be a nice change of pace also.

good luck!

from what i understand, R-ala allows you to eat high GI carbs as it shuttles carbs away from fat cells and into muscles. so you get you some of that stuff and eat all the white rice, and baked potatoes you want.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    from what i understand, R-ala allows you to eat high GI carbs as it shuttles carbs away from fat cells and into muscles. so you get you some of that stuff and eat all the white rice, and baked potatoes you want.
    good advice keezy, i forgot to mention that. but i dont think you should tell chest he can eat all he wants of anything! hehe, j/k chest, i have a crazy appetite too...i luv u!

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha..I was waiting for you xtina thanks for the help I think that is a really good idea of ramping up..I will definitely do that and not just add 3k calories in a days notice.

carefull who you tell "eat whatever you want" to keezy..I just may go for 10k cals..I've done it many times before This R-Ala stuff interests me Ill get some but I hear its expensive.

Kurz is offline Member
    Don't be afraid of overconsuming food chest.....you are bulking, better to be over than under....the cutting time will take care of fat gain!

haha..I was waiting for you xtina thanks for the help I think that is a really good idea of ramping up..I will definitely do that and not just add 3k calories in a days notice.

carefull who you tell "eat whatever you want" to keezy..I just may go for 10k cals..I've done it many times before This R-Ala stuff interests me Ill get some but I hear its expensive.
    its really not expensive i got a bottle for 19 bucks at the vitamin shoppe on greenville ave.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Let's all take it easy on the R-ALA. Its not a miracel worker like some are making it out to be. Consuming it with carbs over time might make a statiscal difference in terms of muscle gain/fat loss because of its proposed nutrient partitioning effects. But it can not be used to eat anything you want and shuttle carbs away from fat, yes this is a supposed benefit but lets not go crazy. Remember this:

Diet = Phil Simms
    Supplements = Joey Harrington

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Let's all take it easy on the R-ALA. Its not a miracel worker like some are making it out to be. Consuming it with carbs over time might make a statiscal difference in terms of muscle gain/fat loss because of its proposed nutrient partitioning effects. But it can not be used to eat anything you want and shuttle carbs away from fat, yes this is a supposed benefit but lets not go crazy. Remember this:

Diet = Phil Simms
    Supplements = Joey Harrington
    totally agree with ya giants...i try to eat all the oatmeal, yams, and whole wheat sugar free bread i can, but sometimes i gotta have some pasta (no i dont mean that nasty whole wheat pasta im talkin bout white pasta with alfredo sauce on that shiz)...and thats where the r-ala comes into play...and of course it does not allow you to get away with eating more carbs than you should, just what kind of carbs you eat.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    totally agree with ya giants...i try to eat all the oatmeal, yams, and whole wheat sugar free bread i can, but sometimes i gotta have some pasta (no i dont mean that nasty whole wheat pasta im talkin bout white pasta with alfredo sauce on that shiz)...and thats where the r-ala comes into play...and of course it does not allow you to get away with eating more carbs than you should, just what kind of carbs you eat.
    Arent you on a bulk currently????? If so, pasta and whatever else should be fair game bro.....you know that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    Arent you on a bulk currently????? If so, pasta and whatever else should be fair game bro.....you know that!
    naw not on a bulking...bout to be...been cutting for 2 months as of today...bulking begins tomorrow.

Kurz is offline Member
    lol...tomorrow ? Well welcome to the world of bulking.......hit it hard bro.

Pasta it fine for cutting as well. Pasta cooked al dente is low GI. Somwhere in 40's I believe. I'll double check.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Pasta it fine for cutting as well. Pasta cooked al dente is low GI. Somwhere in 40's I believe. I'll double check.
    Noooooo wayyyyy

Off limits for me bro....lol...not because of "pasta", but because I can eat a box in a sitting and want MORE!!!

2oz serving is for concentration camp prisoners......thats a mouthful.

Oh hell yeah, thats the hardest part. Pasta is calorically dense so you really have to only measure out 2oz. Other than that though, its a fine carb source.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well yea, Im going to stick with that diet and just add in some R-ala. Hows the diet look Giantz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information