chest6 is offline Banned

Final Bulk for Kurz

Here is what I ate last time I woke up at 8am..Not great. Let me know where I need help I don't want to get fat again after all that cutting.

3 packets oatmeal (87g carb), 50g whey
    1 wheat bagel, 1 nutra grain bar
    2 baked potatoes, 10 egg whites
    2 chicken breasts 1 cup oats
    2 sweet potatoes, 2 yogurts, 1 banana
    tuna/mayo 2 tablespoon flax
    pre workout 50g whey 1/2 cup oats
    pwo 50g whey 110g dextrose
    ppwo 2 chicken breasts 2 cups rice
    cottage cheese, 2 scoops natty pb

Are the sweet potatoes and baked potatoes alright? Im trying to find another carb source besides brown rice.

Jakspro is offline Member
    Basmati rice has a pretty low/medium GI level... and taste good, but expensive...

I dont know about the Baked patatoes, i'm thinking the best would be sweet, then Red...Anyone know?

I'd try to skipp out on the yogurt if you can, just my 2 cents... But you are bulking so...

chest6 is offline Banned
    yep..the yogurt is just kinna temporary I think. True, bulking but I'd like to prevent fat gain just like everyone else ya know..thanks for the input

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    whats the deal with the carb only meals ????, and fugga A thats a lot of food i would be bloated to shit if i ate all that

Kurz is offline Member
    nah, just looks like a lot....you will need to bump that up....need some cheats!

Carb only, yeah....WTF???? banana and SP?

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    These are just some suggestions. You know your body better than I do.

I like this meal if you get rid of that crappy quaker weight control and just go with some oats and 2 scoops of whey.
    What are you thinking here? Carbs only, sounds like your desperate just to get down macros and desired cals. I would drop this one completely or at least take out the Nutra Grain bar and add a good source of protein.
    I like this one.
    This one is a perfect example of a well balanced carb/pro meal IMO.
    Crap man. Get that yogurt outta there and replace it with a decent protein source.
    Looks good.
    Good.
    Dead on.
    Is this white rice? I would go with sweet potatoes or brown rice. Something complex and low glycemic.
    Good.

Like I said bro, you know your body better than anyone. These are just suggestions. That's it. But 12lbs in 7 days would scare me. If you find you are gaining weight too quickly, pull back on the portion of carbs in a meal here, a meal there. Need to play around with it a bit until you are gaining weight at a desirable rate. That rhymed. Unless you are going like Lee Priest and don't give a sh!t what you look like when your bulking, I would lean it out a bit. Look for EFAs to keep the cals up and drop some carbs. Your second week of bulking should tell you how your diet's working, because that first week comes with a lot of water and carb replenishing if you just finished cutting. Best of luck brotha.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Great post 1buff...To be honest Im not sure why I wanted to get so many carbs down. I honestly knew that carb onlys were crap but I just figured I'd keep it. I actually dropped meal 2 today..I dont need it at all. My ppwo is brown rice. PWO is gonna be oats/whey for awhile..giantz suggestion and I like it. Just didnt have enough oats before this. I actually got reminded of Lee Priest today when I was 12lbs up..and I was thinking I didnt want to have to end up relying on DNP and just backtrack everytime. Thanks for the advice..once again

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Great post 1buff...To be honest Im not sure why I wanted to get so many carbs down. I honestly knew that carb onlys were crap but I just figured I'd keep it. I actually dropped meal 2 today..I dont need it at all. My ppwo is brown rice. PWO is gonna be oats/whey for awhile..giantz suggestion and I like it. Just didnt have enough oats before this. I actually got reminded of Lee Priest today when I was 12lbs up..and I was thinking I didnt want to have to end up relying on DNP and just backtrack everytime. Thanks for the advice..once again
    Glad I could help if even a little bit. My PWO is 1 1/2 cup oats and 2 scoops whey. I just cook it and bring it with me to the gym and down it on my way home. I like this better than a dex/whey shake. And I feel the results are the same.

When I start bulking in about 5 weeks, it will look similar to yours. But mine will be a strict lean bulk. My thinking is I hate cutting with a passion and I love to bulk, so why not spend more time bulking even if the muscle gains are a little slower. I don't like getting fat. I'll probably just do my last 2 or three meals pro/fat and go running in the a.m. 3 or 4 times a week to make sure I gain as least, or prefably lose a little, fat as possible. But like I said, you're just going to have to play around with it. That 2nd week will tell you all you need to know. 2lbs a week is all I'll be looking for. Best of luck brotha, keep me updated.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob

I like this meal if you get rid of that crappy quaker weight control and just go with some oats and 2 scoops of whey.
    What are you thinking here? Carbs only, sounds like your desperate just to get down macros and desired cals. I would drop this one completely or at least take out the Nutra Grain bar and add a good source of protein.
    I like this one.
    Crap man. Get that yogurt outta there and replace it with a decent protein source.
    Looks good.
    Good.
    Dead on.
    Is this white rice? I would go with sweet potatoes or brown rice. Something complex and low glycemic.
    Good.

Like I said bro, you know your body better than anyone. These are just suggestions. That's it. But 12lbs in 7 days would scare me. If you find you are gaining weight too quickly, pull back on the portion of carbs in a meal here, a meal there. Need to play around with it a bit until you are gaining weight at a desirable rate. That rhymed. Unless you are going like Lee Priest and don't give a sh!t what you look like when your bulking, I would lean it out a bit. Look for EFAs to keep the cals up and drop some carbs. Your second week of bulking should tell you how your diet's working, because that first week comes with a lot of water and carb replenishing if you just finished cutting. Best of luck brotha.
    As long as the yogurt is plain no sugar added I don't see a problem with it at all.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    As long as the yogurt is plain no sugar added I don't see a problem with it at all.
    Why is my name on this thread? LOL...I am having issues myself, but I'd be happy to critique, since no one will critique mine........

Kurz is offline Member

I like this one.
    Looks good.
    Good.
    Dead on.
    Good.

STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE WARN YOU ABOUT GETTING FAT............YOU AREN'T FAT, NOR WILL YOU BE FAT.............you WILL gain a little chub and a TON of size........then you cut later. 12lbs in 1 week would NOT SCARE ANYHONE who has been in the game.........half is water from cutting. RELAX! RELAX.....as far as your diet, you have all great choices.........just never eat carbs by themselves....the amount of carbs and sources are fine, now just add some healthy fats or proteins...........

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE WARN YOU ABOUT GETTING FAT............YOU AREN'T FAT, NOR WILL YOU BE FAT.............you WILL gain a little chub and a TON of size........then you cut later. 12lbs in 1 week would NOT SCARE ANYHONE who has been in the game.........half is water from cutting. RELAX! RELAX.....as far as your diet, you have all great choices.........just never eat carbs by themselves....the amount of carbs and sources are fine, now just add some healthy fats or proteins...........
    I think it would depend on his goals. If he's looking to just gain massive amounts of muscle and not worry about gaining fat, then he's fine with what he's doing. But if he wants to maintain a lean look while bulking, then that's a different story.

Also, I'm curious as to why your name is in his post too Kurz?

chest6 is offline Banned
    But if he wants to maintain a lean look while bulking, then that's a different story. :
    yup..thats what Im lookin for..and you guys are doin a really good job helpin me out

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yup..thats what Im lookin for..and you guys are doin a really good job helpin me out
    We're here for you brotha. I know what it's like to overweight. 2 years ago I was 318lbs. I'm 213.5lbs right now with 13-14% bf. And I'm scared shitless of getting fat again. So when I bulk I'm very cautious. I understand there's gonna be a lil fat coming along with the muscle gains, but I'll do everything possible to keep it at a minimum. I don't know about you Chest6, but I don't plan on competing anytime soon. So bulking hard for 12 weeks then cutting strict for 12 weeks, going from chunky to shredded every couple of months, it aint for me. I wanna continue to gain mass, but am willing to take a little longer to do it if it means I get to stay lean throughout. Besides, gaining muscle hasn't ever been that hard for me, and I'm sure it's not for you either Chest6, seeing how you're bigger than a lot of guys on this board who use aas and are half their age.

Keep me updated on your diet man. I'm interested in what kind of results your 2nd week of bulking will provide. Like Kurz said, that first week is a lot of water weight from your long period of cutting. There shouldn't be anymore your 2nd week, so you can tell if your gaining weight to rapidly now.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I'll remove that carb only meal and maybe drop one more carb meal. I think I'll keep the others and not go so crazy on the PB at night. I actually had to ran a mile today..ran it at decent pace. I wasn't exactly trying all that hard..ran it in 8 minutes. So I didnt go too intense..so theres my cardio for the day. I think I will do cardio on my off days (Wed, Sat, Sun) and I should be fine as far as fat gain goes from now on.

Thread Information