dumbells101 is offline Senior Member

Top ten diets and tips

I am putting together a top ten list of bests diets and tips for my clients. I would like to hear success stories for those of you who have lost bodyfat, how much, how long it took and how you did it. If I use your example I'll quote you for it. Thanks

georgie24 is offline Member
    i have been doing my routine for about 2 months now and i see a big difference in my bod. if all keeps going well i should see those teency weency abz in june. if ya want pm me feel free to ak me anything specific

HOW CAN I FORGET THIS ONE LOTS OF WATER..
    GOTTA GO NATURE CALLING NOW

THIS IS MY THIRD REPLY GUYS IM CLUTTERING UP THIS POST SO I WILL BE QUICK.

DUMBELLS101 IF I WAS TO MAKE A TOP TEN LIST THIS IS WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE
    STARTING WITH THE MOST IMPORTANCE TO ME.

1.KNOWLEGE "BECAUSE THAT IS THE MOST POWERFUL"
    2.WILLINGNES TO LEARN
    3.A GAME PLAN
    4.MAKE LIFESTYLE CHANGES. " WHERE NECESSARY"
    5.BE CONSISTENT " DONT GIVE UP ON THE FIRST FALL"
    6.KNOWLEDGE
    7.KNOWLEDGE
    8.KNOWLEDGE
    9.KNOWLEDGE
    10.SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD!!!!

What diet did you use...how much cardio did you perform...what supplements did you take. Show me.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm not ignoring the thread DB I'm just super busy today. I plan on answering when I get more than a minute.

Pete

Not directed at you Pete, read the post above mine and my original. I'll read your post on Monday when I return. I'm gonna turn my computer off and let my keyboard cool down for the weekend. If I get enough good info. that is sound I'm gonna include it in a book I'm publishing.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Diet specific

I don't know if there are top ten diets that I would post. I tend to lean toward being diet specific for each indivdual. Everybody has different basal metabolisms, resting heart rates, training intensities ect.
    Tobey

I'm looking for diet/exercise tips etc that have been successful for diferent people and so far I've gotten nothing. You mean to tell me that nobody in this forum can give me any specific shred that they consider part of their success. Come on people!!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Ok the basics before any type of training and I agree with Tobey I doubt if there could be a top ten

Your clients have to have willpower,the drive to succeed,and to be honest with themselves that it will be hard work they will have to follow a training program and a diet and the final thing is they have to be passionate about getting the results.Without the above you can,t do jack with them

1 Less is more overtraining will make progress slow keep the training intense short and varied.The clients are more likely to stick it out.When I first trained I got bored quickly once I learnt to modify my training it increased my fondness to train.

2 Diet is the foundation of any success.They are building an empire from their bodies if they don,t have the foundations it will be strong for a short period and will begin to crumble.I learnt this the hard way although I got results these were far slower than when I first got the diet sorted.Eating enough cals and protein to actually help with growth is fundamental

3 Train instinctively if you feel like training train and if you want to train harder that workout do it never be fixed by numbers when training.If you feel like a rest night have one.Listen to your body.I find this to help me be more productive when I train.

4 Keep the diet strict and adhere to it but do include a cheat meal/day at least once a week.treat it as a little reward for your hard work and the effort you put into your training and diet.it will also keep you sane.

5 Buy a cal book it will be a god send and you can keep a check of what you are eating quickly.

Hope it helps DB I don,t have time to write anything else - sorry!

StrongChick is offline Female Member
    I found amazing results when I broke my diet into 6 smaller meals. I really regulated my carbs and ate them all in the first three meals of the day. 40-45g of carbs at 6am, 9am, 12 noon-NONE after that. Thank god for Zero carb Isopure!!!
    SChick

So we have the following thus far:

1. Your motivation is paramount
    2. A diet cheat day
    3. Train instictively, and don't overtrain
    4. 6 smaller meals
    5. 40-45 gms of carbs x3 before lunch and 0 after.

Good this is a start now from this what kind of progress did you make?

Blimey you don,t want much!!

6-8 meals a day is good

The carb would only count if you were cutting or dieting.Personally I would pass out if it was me on that number of cals.

Cardio AFTER training

Correcct use of supplements

Forget the weight use correct form

Focus on the breathing when lifting

Eat at least 1g of protein per lb of b,w

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,it speeds up you metabolic rate

Eat every two hours

The results vary on what the person wants to achieve.I could advise a 200lb BB on diet but if I had to do it ,it would be different for a 300lb BB.

My results once I got the diet sorted out and correct supplements I made better progress than i did before

LOL! You have to remember that that post is coming from a 120lb female who trains in the morning, and I'm not 'bulking up" so my goals are different. To each his own,
    SChick

the principles that work for one person if they are sound will work for most everyone.

Billy Boy, how much cardio after workout?
    What is correct use of supplements...which ones?
    What for breakfast?

Oh yes people I want details!

So...StrongChick how about for a 120 lb female. What else did you do to get from 140-120?

When I lost wieght last year I lived by the following rules:

Diet: 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat
    I followed that religiously and allowed only 1200-1400 calories per day (it was way too little but live and learn)
    Cardio 5 mornings per week (35minutes - running, cross trainer, stepper) and 3 evenings (after training...20 minutes per session)

Without a doubt...one of the single most important tools in any wieght loss program is a DETAILED daily food log. I wrote down everything I ate. I wieghed and measured all of my food, and broke each item into calories, protein, carbs and fats with daily totals at the bottom of every page.

Pete

I dieted HARD for about 2 1/2 months. I only cheated ONCE A WEEK- that's 1 cheat meal, not one cheat day. I weighed everything, and only ate what and when the little paper my trainer gave me said I could. I Trained with weights 5 days a week and did cardio when I felt like it. Diet is so much more important than cardio.
    My results were all the motivation I needed!
    SChick

StrongChick- explain to me what "Diet hard" is to you. Thanks

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    HERE IS MY DAILY INTAKE TELL ME IF YOU LIKE THIS

FAT 70-75G DAILY
    PROTEIN 220-250G DAILY
    CARBS 250--300 BEFORE 2:00
    CALORIES 3500G DAILY

JRMY2711- tell me what kind of gains you've made from this intake and if you did any specific cardio etc.

i just started it last week i was kinda drained the first week but im already noticeing a little more tone. did you see my pics on the members picture board

Originally posted by JRMY2711
    i was kinda drained the first week
    How is your energy now? Are you going to incorporate a carb up day every 2-3 weeks?

Pete

Saw your pics. You're doing good. How much do you want to lose? Remember carbs are your energy food. You need them Especially after your workouts.

man its only been a week havent really noticed any gains cardio is 3 times a week @ 30 min on the precor efx fitness machine

Whe I wrote "diet hard" I meant I followed my diet 100%. I always ate when I was supposed to, what I was supposed to. No adding or Skipping meals. I ate 6 meals-about 35 to 40 grams of protein at each meal, 40-45 grams of carbs in my 1st 3 meals, none after that. As for veggies, nothing Starchy (no peas, carrots). NO dairy. No fruit. Limited condiments, for example, I'd put vinegar on my salad instead of dressing. I get plenty of calcium/Vitamins in my shakes. I also found success supplementing with flaxseed oil.
    Originally posted by dumbells101
    StrongChick- explain to me what "Diet hard" is to you. Thanks

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Dieting Hard

Hey Super Chick,
    It dosen't get more displine than that. Good Job, and keep it up. Your an inspiration to us all.
    Tobey

pete man my energy is fine now just for that one week I incorparated 2 ripped fuel before my workout to give me that extra boost now i still take one like thirty min before to give me a little bit more of an edge

dumbell i have a ? for you i work out at like 7-8 o'clock i will always eat some carbs before my workout but after im kinda iffy because i know im going to go home and sit on my ass when you work out that late is it ok not to eat any carbs?

JRMY....You should still fire in some simple carbs immediately after training to replace gycogen stores. An OTC carb replacement drink is good, but I make my own post workout drink. 2 scoops of whey + 1 scoop of dextrose....add water and shake.

Pete

Yeah bro Pete is right. You're glycogen is still depleted and as long as you don't feed them your cortisol levels are elevated. Use a good creatine drink that is high in dextrose, and yes you will still need protein within 90 minutes, to keep your nitrogen levels up. Make sure you give your body time to assimilate your food and consider a short stroll instead of wasting on the couch. Then get 8 hours of sleep ( your body recovers and heals only while you sleep).

DB we have been through the supplements before and I posted these in my members results (i think)

Cardio depends on what you sre trying to achieve if not cutting do 30 mins after workout if cutting do it in the am on an empty stomach

Breakfast I go with high protein shake which contains

70g protein
    56g carbs
    2.3 fat
    550 cals

Because I have been fasting for 8 hrs I go high.I feel this is right for my body

ok now let's get back on track. We are looking for INDIVIDUAL success with diet and exercise. What you've accomplished EXACTLY and how it was done.

I AM LAUGHING MYSELF TO DEATH!!!IM STARTING TO FEEL BETTER FROMCOMINGDOWN ON MY SELF FOR MY WEEKEND BINGE. DB 101 DONT TAKE THIS PERSONAL, AND THIS IS NOT AN INSULT TO ANY ONE HERE I DONT THINK ANYONE UNDERSTANDS THE DYNAMIC TO YOUR POST
    JUST REDING THERE RESPONDS TO YOUR POST I THINK I KINDA FUNNY
    IM EVEN ONE OF THOSE REPLIES , SORRY DUDE I DITCHED THE SCALE AND USE THE MIRROR LESS WOES FOR ME I GOT TO MAKE UP FOR THE 6 POUNDS I GAIN OVER THE WEEKEND

Ain't this something. I've finally come to the conclusion that when we post a question or subject we are like my 3 year old son...we HEAR the question and we begin to respiond but before long we have left the toy tractor on the floor and went on to get a few more hot wheel cars. Are we all OCD or just I. Time for a Diet Pepsi anyone?

God damn DB I,m glad your not my trainer I would have to call you Hitler!!

Ok I always found it really hard to put weight on no matter how much i lifted or eat.I then sat down (many years ago) and looked at my total caloric intake and the amount of protein I was eating.My cals were OK for my b/w but most of them came from simple carbs, but I found I was not getting enough protein to repair the muscular damage from training.I then went to the libary and read for weeks and started buying mags and reading the articles.I adjusted my intake to a gram of Protein perlb of b/w and dropped the fat a little and started to eat more complex carbs.Back then I did,nt use any supplements at all did,nt really understand.

I did,nt have that much commitment and mine assembled more into a routine of when I could be bothered to train

Several years ago I started with the determination that I would train hard long and succeed.(I had gone from 154lbs to 196lbs and at least 20% bf after my girl was born then lost weight back down to around 147lbs through alcohol stress worry and God knows what else 4 years later now at around 196lbs 11%)After splitting with my ex that gave me the drive and desire to succeed as I was a physical and emotional wreck and felt that I needed to be successful in something.The training was tough and hard and once I had mastered the right way for the diet I found that the weight slowly appeared but because I was keeping the protein high and fat very low the mass I was adding was very lean.I was following a 40/40/20 diet and it worked for the around the first 28lbs.I found I had to increase the cals to continue gaining mass.My will to achieve what i wanted became stonger as the results began to show.

I introduced supplements into my training after studying these at great lenghts as I wanted to know what I was adding into my body.These greatly help my recovery peroids and I find they work for me.

Breaking this down I went from thin to fat to thin to .....better!

Sorry so long bro but there you go me and my mouth LOL

BB, Thanks for that post...good now did you do cardio? How much cardio did you do and how often. What supplements did you use. Any Gear? A thermogenic?

Oh by the way...I have been called the Nazi trainer, but only by my pansy clients that don't do what I tell them.

Sorry bro this ain,t going to sound good I was low and flat and lost most of the weight because I was,nt eating properly and hit the bottle hard.Not the way I would recommend but I lost the weight without actualy realising what I was doing guess I had other things on my mind.Thats the truth and I never tell anybody that but now you all know Bad example.

Yes I was doing cardio first thing in the Am for at least 45mins and training in the evenings. Good Example

Truthfully I tend to use my cycling , swimming , MA for my cardio and don,t really tend to have set cardio days although once I get to the weight I want I will have fixed days.If I do cardio I will always do it AFTER weights

Whilst bulking I took creatine,glutamine both 10g a day and the normal Vits

Tekto is offline Junior Member
    Ive seen many of you guys that stop eating carbs after 2 or 3 pm. As you know, alot of people said not to eat carbs after 6pm. What do u think about this?

Also, can I benefit from doing that regimen (not carbs after 2-3pm) when on my first cycle to keep my gains as solid as possible?

Yeah thanks BB. Good for you.

Now if I can get more specifics from the rest of you!

Tekto is offline Junior Member
    HeyGUYS! any answers?

Thread Information