Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

cut abs - yet i still look pregnant

i have been cutting for month now and u can see my abs really clearly when tensed

however when i relax my abs and turned sideways on
    all i could see is this big overhanging gut

it looks like i'm pregnant - even first thing in the morning

the weird thing is it doesnt feel like fat - it doesnt wobble

it was the conclusion of a thread i made in september that it was probably
    Visceral Adipose Tissue
    and i was told it would go after my cycle and it would help
    if i tried using lipoderm y or Absolve

I have tried both - which have helped but i still look pregnant
    and am basically back to square one now i'm transitioning from bulk to cut
    even at below 10% bf i still have the gut

can i ever get rid of this VAT - or lipo suction the only answer?

i remmeber posting a pic just after my cut cycle and everyone said i looked ripped and didnt have an overhang - however that was with my abs tensed

i will be able to post pics up later tonight (non tensed) to demonstrate what i mean

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Possibly a weak core? Or you may just be pregnant.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Or you may just be pregnant.. lol

well i cant afford Condoms after my last cycle

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like core issues. I am very similiar or was. Iam getting better with it through working my core.

Need Help With Core And Posture...

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiantiger
    Sounds like core issues. I am very similiar or was. Iam getting better with it through working my core.

Need Help With Core And Posture...

interesting thanks
    i think i do have bad posture as it happens - i think this may be due to starting to use weights at the age of 12

in a relaxed positon
    my lower back arches inwards and so my stomach pushes forward
    this can also make my upper chest look sunken

side on i look kind of 'S' shaped

i am always concious of trying to stand upright without hunching
    the same goes for sitting

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Gforce, you ever seen the movie "Hunchback of Notre Dame"? lol

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    No Problem It has been a world of difference to me. My lower back used to ache not so much now that as same as you say trying to stand upright

what core exercises do u recommend then

i mean ive always done deadlifts, rows, squats - all the main mass builders

i work my abs twice a week too

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Man, I have the same damn problem, this summer I was around 8-10% BF, prob. closer to 8% and I had a full six pack, but my gut still protruded. It was like I had GH gut, and I never even tried GH!! I don't go high on my AS doses either. It sucks. I think it is my posture as well...I am sway backed, to where my stomach sticks out because of the fact that my lower back curves inward. It's is jsut the way I am built, and my posture. I am sure th elower back pumps form Dbol havent helped either! LOL Now that I am bulking I am only about 12% BF, but my gut sticks out far as shit, and it looks awful now b/c I barely have my abs now!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I have teh same problem, i had x-rays taken, and i have Shermann's Kyphosis, Doc. said that posture WAS KEY along with stretching my hamstrings, and my hip-flexors... i been workin on it for years, and my belly still sticks out a little but has noticebly gotten better... but i dont think it'll ever go away

Kurz is offline Member
    I feel like that often....and feel the skinnier I get, the less my abs show....weird....thinks its bloatness from sugar alcohols, oats, etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    I have teh same problem, i had x-rays taken, and i have Shermann's Kyphosis, Doc. said that posture WAS KEY along with stretching my hamstrings, and my hip-flexors... i been workin on it for years, and my belly still sticks out a little but has noticebly gotten better... but i dont think it'll ever go away

how does stretching your hams work?

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Man, I have the same damn problem, this summer I was around 8-10% BF, prob. closer to 8% and I had a full six pack, but my gut still protruded. It was like I had GH gut, and I never even tried GH!! I don't go high on my AS doses either. It sucks. I think it is my posture as well...I am sway backed, to where my stomach sticks out because of the fact that my lower back curves inward. It's is jsut the way I am built, and my posture. I am sure th elower back pumps form Dbol havent helped either! LOL Now that I am bulking I am only about 12% BF, but my gut sticks out far as shit, and it looks awful now b/c I barely have my abs now!

its sux dont it
    to be ripped everywhere yet still 'apear fat' from a profile view

i've had people boint at my belly arent are like "fcuk how come you in the gym every day yet your fatter than me" - then i lift up my shirt and show them my abs

and theyre shocked

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Been to any contests ??? I see this all the time ... I suggest much of it is bloat and nothing else...

See any of these kids in the 3rd world country skin and bones and yet there stomache is sticking out...

You may want to go on a fast for a day or two.. colonic or flush diet ... see if anything like that works. That would be the quickest way of eliminating some of the possabilities..

good luck

markymark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark
    Been to any contests ??? I see this all the time ... I suggest much of it is bloat and nothing else...

See any of these kids in the 3rd world country skin and bones and yet there stomache is sticking out...

You may want to go on a fast for a day or two.. colonic or flush diet ... see if anything like that works. That would be the quickest way of eliminating some of the possabilities..

good luck

markymark
    i tried a colonic a few months ago
    i was all optimistic due to the things i had read on it
    and was hoping this would solve my problems

however it didnt
    the nurse recommended 6 visits in total over a period of a few months
    but at £60 a time i thought one was enough

swizole is offline Associate Member
    man I got the same damn problem, even when I get diced after a few months of strict diet, when Im not paying attention or trying to flex my abbs, I look pregnant. It does blow because its hard to walk around with ur abbs tight all day. And when I bulk I really look pregnant, but I kinda expect that. You can look at my av and kinda see what im talking about, no fat, but gut is stuck out like crazy because im not flexing it, oh well, must be shitty genectics or something. haha

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    how does stretching your hams work?
    The PT told me that tight hammys could cause the hunch in the spine. however im near being done growing, so she told me to definately stretch them out good and increase total flexibility in my legs before my growth plates are fused.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    its sux dont it
    to be ripped everywhere yet still 'apear fat' from a profile view

i've had people boint at my belly arent are like "fcuk how come you in the gym every day yet your fatter than me" - then i lift up my shirt and show them my abs

and theyre shocked
    Yea that is EXACTLY what happens to me. I had my belt on in the gym this summer and was about to do deads or squats or something and my stomach was sticking out over my belt and this guy I know from the gym was like damn dude, you getting fat? You got a big gut. I was like **** this man, lifted my shirt and he was like damn dude! I wasn't expecting that! I waslike yea...**** you LOL

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    what is it from? cuz i have the same damn problem and it pisses me off i can see my abs clearly when flexing them but then i relax and it looks like im pregnant...what the hell is this...maybe my abdominal wall has been stretched out from constantly stuffing it full of food...this was craig titus' explanation for so many distended stomachs...he said that because of years of constantly eating and being full all the time the abdominal wall eventually gets stretched out..sort of like your body's way of adapting to hold more food...he also said the reason it doesnt happen to pregnant women is because its only a few months rather than years.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    its the way you train your abs.. you have trained your frontal abdominal lobes but not your transverse which PULLS IT IN and makes it LOOK tite..

so how the hell do u train the transvere muscles, please let me know

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    taiboxa, could you elaborate?

I've had the same problem.... I'm bulking right now so I kinda figure its cause I'm FULL of food all the time, but even in the morning I have a potbelly....

interesting to see so many with a similar problem...

Kurz is offline Member
    you are asking whom????? lol!!!

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    Sounds wired but I never looked pregnant until I started working my abs with my lifting routine and taking in pwo carbs after the workout. I used to work my abs 3 days a week at night when only protein and vegetables where had and my stomach sunk in more and was tight but did not stick out, now it does stick out. Also I never used to use weight for abs, now I do.

Kurz is offline Member
    LOL.....its not cause you are eating carbs........christ, where are you people getting this? AND dont ask tai........for the love of God.....he thought he had an ab showing till he pee'd out of it......................only joking bruh........

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    You are very right, it is not the carbs but I was just telling my tale. My buddy just told me that poor form doing back squats and dealifts will make your stomach stick out, not sure if he is right but thought I would post it.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    i tried a colonic a few months ago
    i was all optimistic due to the things i had read on it
    and was hoping this would solve my problems

however it didnt
    the nurse recommended 6 visits in total over a period of a few months
    but at £60 a time i thought one was enough
    With so many professionals having this problem it would seem that we could have the solution... I remember the kids when I was young would stick there stomache out there... some couldnt do it...

There sounds like a simple aid for this ... I will look up some info and see if I can get you some better answers .. K !

markymark

Quote Originally Posted by swizole
    use a stability ball its like the movement from a hyperextension of the back to a slightly curved crunch like this *btw the O is the ball and the )'s is ur back

(O )O see like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    LOL.....its not cause you are eating carbs........christ, where are you people getting this? AND dont ask tai........for the love of God.....he thought he had an ab showing till he pee'd out of it......................only joking bruh........
    well carbs = water retention due to the body trying to maintain equilbrium of osmoitic pressure and also feel the ab muscles w/ glycogen so they will pertrude more but it would have to be a meal like 4plates at a chinese buffet.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by swizole

Great Stomach, No Crunches
    One of the most overlooked group of abdominal muscles, the transverse muscles are the deepest lying abdominal muscles that basically act as a girdle to your entire middle section. These muscles lie horizontally and help to keep your organs in place, while putting pressure onto your abdomen. They are also the muscles you need to target if you want a flatter stomach.
    They Do It All
    The transverse abdominals are connected to your back muscles as well as your rectus abdominals. The rectus abdominus are your vertical abdominal muscles and are the muscles most commonly targeted when you do stomach exercises. Unfortunately, traditional stomach exercises like crunches tend to by-pass the transverse abs so no matter how many sit-ups you do, your transverse muscles will barely feel the effects.
    Any fitness program that targets your core, like Pilates, will include stomach exercises that target the transverse abdominals. However, you often work these muscles without realizing it. Whenever you hold your stomach in, you are working the transverse abs. For instance, the proper position for lunges requires you to keep your back straight and how do you do that? By tightening your abdominals, or more specifically your transverse abdominals, of course.
    Why They are Important to Pregnant and Post-Partum Women
    Having taut transverse abdominal muscles when you are pregnant has many benefits.
    • Since they are attached to your back muscles, strengthening your transverse abs can help reduce your back pain.
    • Labor may be easier since you learn how to better control your abs and therefore may not need to push as much.
    • The rectus abdominus often tend to split during pregnancy in order to accommodate your growing baby (this is known as diastasis). Having tight transverse abs during pregnancy can get your rectus muscles back into place faster and therefore give you a flatter stomach sooner after pregnancy.
    Attending prenatal Pilates classes or taking a specialty prenatal fitness class designed to effectively work the transverse abs can help you stay fit and look great both during and after your pregnancy.

During the postpartum period, when you start exercising again, be sure to include some abdominal exercises that target the transverse abs. Not only will you quickly achieve a flatter stomach, but you should also notice an improvement in your posture and fewer backaches.
    Transverse Exercises
    Here are some exercises that target those hard to get to transverse muscles. If you are pregnant, consult with your health care provider before doing any of these exercises.
    The No-Crunch Crunch
    To do this exercise, start by lying on the floor with your knees bent and feet firmly on the floor.
    Lightly place your hands just below and to the sides of your belly button. Firmly press two fingers from each hand into your lower abdomen.
    Gently begin to draw your lower abdomen down towards the floor (picture a string pulling your navel towards the floor) but do not move your pelvis, raise your chest or hold your breath.
    Stop drawing in your stomach as soon as you feel your muscles get tight. The muscles underneath your fingers should feel taut but the movement does not require a lot of effort. If you move too far, you will in fact stop working your transverse abs and begin to work your oblique muscles (your side abdominal muscles) instead.
    Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds, breathing normally the entire time.
    Do ten repetitions. Scissor Kicks

To do this abdominal exercise, start by lying on the floor. Place your hands under your buttocks and keep your back pressed against the floor.
    Raise one leg about 10 inches off the ground and slowly lower it back down. As you lower the one leg, raise the other.
    Do three sets of ten repetitions. Pelvic Tilts

Lying on the floor with your back pressed against the floor, bend your knees keeping your feet on the ground.
    Slowly lift your pelvis up and hold briefly before lowering slowly back down to the ground. Your upper body should remain on the floor throughout the movement.
    Do three sets of 15 repetitions.
    Lifted-leg Push-up
    If you’re feeling very strong in your upper body, or if you just feel like multi-tasking during your workout, then give this challenging exercise a whirl.
    Get into push-up position but keep your feet hip-width apart.
    Raise one leg as high as you can and then do a regular push-up. Switch legs and repeat.
    This is a pretty tough one, especially if you don’t have much upper-body strength, so just do as many as you can.
    For an easier variation of this exercise, try this:
    Get down on all fours with your hands positioned about shoulder-width apart, elbows slightly bent. Your knees should be together and positioned underneath your hips. To make the exercise more challenging, place your knees slightly behind you. Have your toes curled on the floor. Your heels should not be touching the floor.
    Tighten your abs by drawing your navel in towards your spine. In a smooth, controlled motion, raise your knees off the ground. Your upper body should not move.
    Hold for one breath and then slowly lower down.
    Aim for three sets of ten.

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

oh ok, good shit

URMaster is offline Junior Member
    Yea Ive had this problem for years and I'm an ectomorph. I have low body fat levels for years and could see a sixpack but my stomach always stuck out. Im definately going to try these excercises and do some more research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    ... the O is the ball and the )'s is ur back

(O )O see like that
    hahahahahaha, good one dude

svarturer is offline Senior Member

any news on this ??
    ive been awake all night to read all this posts !

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    dude, this thread is over a month old...

yep
    i still look pregnant

chinups Guest
    i have been cutting for month now and u can see my abs really clearly when tensed

Visceral Adipose Tissue

i remmeber posting a pic just after my cut cycle and everyone said i looked ripped and didnt have an overhang - however that was with my abs tensed

i will be able to post pics up later tonight (non tensed) to demonstrate what i mean
    Are you on GH??? Probably not so ignore that

I would do what most ppl are saying. Start to train the core muscles in the midsection doing other lifts like Deadlifts, Cleans, Power Presses and heavy squats. I also would train your upper back and traps a bit more to make you more upright. I been doing alot of olympic lifts latley after missing some time in the gym, I have not had time to do abs for the last month or so (I hit them here and there) and it appears my abs are getting stronger then ever and not getting bigger but just stronger. I believe this is happening because I deadlift, clean and press, squat every wk once a week. There are also alot of other core exercises you can do

svarturer is offline Senior Member

well i was reading posts since 2005 last night

L.Priest is offline Banned

Visceral Adipose Tissue

Not too many have abs when they take their shirt off without flexing......hard and in the right light. PLUS, mine fade away as I eat and drink throughout the day, so at night, it's depressing.....but they are tight and all there in the am when flexed........

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    what about doing stomach vacuums?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information