Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kurz is offline Member

How MANY meals......(Evening trainees)

Do you consume from the time you finish training and bed......I'm feeling like I may be getting too many cals in after my workout but before bed (is that possible???)

Finish training at 6:15
    at 6:30
    #1 - shake - whey, creating, 1 scoop virtago (40pro, 40 carbs) or 40g of whey and 2-3 rice cakes (40 carbs)

7:30
    1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop whey (30carbs, 30g whey)

8:45 (right before bed) - muscle milk shake or 1 scoop casein, 20 peanuts, milk and skim......thoughts?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why you'd have three meals like that so close together w/those food choices is news to me.

That's just what I think. I have a pwo shake, then 1.5 hours or so later, I have a solid carb/protein meal and I'm done.

No need to cram all that shit in such a short amount of time.

~SC~

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Lot of supps, you need to go to the grocery store.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    food? what food? those meals look like all shakes to me! i train from 7-8pm, have PWO shake....then @ 9:15-9:30pm i have 3oz turkey breast, 1/2c cooked brown rice. then i hit the sack about 30min later. why do you think you HAVE to have a pro/fat before bed?

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    food? what food? those meals look like all shakes to me! i train from 7-8pm, have PWO shake....then @ 9:15-9:30pm i have 3oz turkey breast, 1/2c cooked brown rice. then i hit the sack about 30min later. why do you think you HAVE to have a pro/fat before bed?
    Flex2Winny was adamant about this too.

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i train around 7 pm or so.. shake at 8.. if i use slin i eat 1hr later and then again 2 hrs later (EAT not drink)
    if i dont use slin (which is never) i wait bout an hour and half or so (till im hungry) eat a big o'l p/c meal usually oats and porkchops and goto bed

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    i finish training at about 8:30

i eat 3 times before bed, usually im sleeping by 2 am.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Flex2Winny was adamant about this too.

~SC~

I knew I smelled a Flex

Kurz is offline Member
    To be honest, it's all about convience and crunch time....I'm always pushed for time as I NEED to crash by 9pm to get up at 430am and do it all over again.....Shakes REALLY seem to agree with me better at night as I have NONE during the day......so, would it be ok to make a switch to whey and rice cakes immidiately upon training......then hanve a shake 1.5 hrs later right before bed? I don't want to do starchy carbs unless you guys thinks its pertinent, simple because I am afraid of having oats at 900pm and then crashing on a full tank.....pro/fat shake just seems to fill me up and get me through the night.

If I switched to whey and rice cakes at 645ish
    and then a casein shake with peanuts/almonds and skim before bed ORRR

whey and virtago/rice cakes at 645 and 1/2 cup oats and casein at 9pm? Lead to fat storage or optimal?

You are scared of starchy carbs but don't mind taking in the excess sugar with milk with a P/F meal? Doesn't really make sense. I like a huge plate of spaghetti personally, lol.

Kurz is offline Member
    Excess sugar? Nah bro....the skim I use has 3g of sugar per CUP!

think I'm ok? IBM - I value your opinion big time.......would two shakes be ok? What if I grinded the oats in a shake before bed?

I eat a Pint of Ben&Jerry's, if you value my opinion I suggest you do the same. "Trust me, I'm in the car business".

Btw, I'd take SC, Giantz, and Tai's advice before mine, they are legendary. Usually I just copy and paste old quotes from them and claim them as my own. lol

Oh yes, don't forget nasty Tina.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 02-07-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I eat a Pint of Ben&Jerry's, if you value my opinion I suggest you do the same. "Trust me, I'm in the car business".

Btw, I'd take SC, Giantz, and Tai's advice before mine, they are legendary. Usually I just copy and paste old quotes from them and claim them as my own. lol

Oh yes, don't forget nasty Tina.
    thats odd.. i usually just cut and past your old quotes

thats odd.. i usually just cut and past your old quotes

lol What was that?

Kurz is offline Member
    ok..I am having whey and rice cakes pw

and oats, casein, egg whites 5 minutes before bed......SC....dont fail me now.....I've stayed at 8% for this long, hopefully this wont change much and still add gains!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz

and oats, casein, egg whites 5 minutes before bed......SC....dont fail me now.....I've stayed at 8% for this long, hopefully this wont change much and still add gains!
    just think on bright side.. as u put more muscle on ur metabo goes up and u kan eat more w/ less worry!

Kurz is offline Member
    think this is a good plan?

think this is a good plan?
    the carbs pwo dont matter that much as long sa they are high sugar .. like sucrose dextrose maltodextrose anything that induces INSULIN . hell u kan do fructose for all i care its all bout the same body works so fast ur giong to get a nice slin spike as long as you get ENUFF.. atleast 1gram o sugar for each gram of protein as a minimum

Kurz is offline Member
    I am the most concerned with the meal before bed....I mean this is immidiately....5minutes, scares m,e....

Eat a well balanced meal before bed, Are you trying to bulk or stay skinny? That's the question.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I usualy get 2 meals I guess after pwo. I dont think it matters much if you have 2 or 5 aslong as you get what you need for the day.

Kurz is offline Member
    I am trying to bulk as clean as possible........limit fat gain

shake and rice cakes at 630

oats/casein at 9pm, bed at 9:05......A+?

why not 9:00?!
    i would suggest a meat for the protein but casein is good too
    its just SOLID food makes ur body work harder to digest burning more cals helping you stay lean while giving u a positive nitrogen ballance to prevent catabolism.

chest6 is offline Banned
    one or two..

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    one or two..
    three?!

You need to say goodbye to the eightpack and eat some damn food. lol

You wanna gain 5lbs/year or 10lbs/year LBM, gotta sacrifice.

I have no idea why you are saying "SC don't fail me now" because what you are doing is nothing like I ever have done, will do, will tell anyone to do, etc.

Have to make that clear, I don't want people reading this to think that I am assisting you in any way/shape/form. That's just the way I do things.

This is not to say that I don't hope you get great results and are happy w/your body in all that you do, because I wish you luck in that regard. However, you are on your own w/this one, there is no SC in the mix......

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    You need to say goodbye to the eightpack and eat some damn food. lol

You wanna gain 5lbs/year or 10lbs/year LBM, gotta sacrifice.
    fat easy to lose.. muscle hard to gain

I am trying to bulk as clean as possible.
    Exactly, that proves what you are doing is nothing like what I did.

The only thing that was clean when I ate was the plate it's f*cking self.

I also didn't change things every 2-3 days and come up with 100's of what if scenarios. That would drive me crazy. Stick to one thing and ride it out....

~SC~

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    I have no idea why you are saying "SC don't fail me now" because what you are doing is nothing like I ever have done, will do, will tell anyone to do, etc.

this made me lol

Well, it's the God's honest truth.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I really don't like when people use my name for sporatic shit, and it's about as accurate as a blind air traffic controller.

I like seeing my name, but when it has something to do w/me or I am involved. This is like tabloid shit to me.

"NATIONAL ENQUIRER: KURZ DOES SWOLE DIET, SEE THE 100000000 QUESTIONS ASKED IN A 2 DAY SPAN!"

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    fat easy to lose.. muscle hard to gain
    yesss!! kurz u were the one that was telling me to cheat daily what happened?

Kurz is offline Member
    Well, it's the God's honest truth.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I really don't like when people use my name for sporatic shit, and it's about as accurate as a blind air traffic controller.

I like seeing my name, but when it has something to do w/me or I am involved. This is like tabloid shit to me.

"NATIONAL ENQUIRER: KURZ DOES SWOLE DIET, SEE THE 100000000 QUESTIONS ASKED IN A 2 DAY SPAN!"

~SC~
    EAZZZZY BRO...you keep telling me to switch from pro/fat to pro/carb before bed because I train late...so I have my shake, then a meal of pro/carbs before bed will be 100% benefital.....true?

Honestly I can't remember wtf I told you being that I've responded to so many threads, and pm's asking for critique, etc.

I have no idea what you are doing or your course of action. Remember, I come here for enjoyment too, I'm not up to par on what people are doing. I have my own biz/clients to tend to in that regard and it's busy season. Just keep your threads generic, no names, try to group all of your questions into one thread instead of 10, and we'll be a lot better off here.

Carry on people!
    ~SC~

~SC~

Kurz is offline Member
    I am with ya bro.....didnt mean to sound like you were teaching me the waysssss, cause I'm ok on my own....just some aspects I like to get different views. Mainly concerning post workout, preworkout and prebed......once those are mastered, it's all downhill......

Just say you trained and finished at 600pm....you have your shake at 615, and then you cant get your meal in till 830-845ish and you crash around 900....I know you prefer a meal, so is it carb/pro? Answer is 99% yes......oats and egg whites!

chest6 is offline Banned
    why so late? I get my ppwo in an hour or 1 1/2 hours after my shake

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I am with ya bro.....didnt mean to sound like you were teaching me the waysssss, cause I'm ok on my own....just some aspects I like to get different views. Mainly concerning post workout, preworkout and prebed......once those are mastered, it's all downhill......

Just say you trained and finished at 600pm....you have your shake at 615, and then you cant get your meal in till 830-845ish and you crash around 900....I know you prefer a meal, so is it carb/pro? Answer is 99% yes......oats and egg whites!
    Kurtz seriously do you have OCD. I see a new thead/comment from you regarding some crazy ass shit everu single day. You repeat the same crap over and over again. Are you Flx2Winny?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Kurtz seriously do you have OCD. I see a new thead/comment from you regarding some crazy ass shit everu single day. You repeat the same crap over and over again. Are you Flx2Winny?
    No f*cking sh*t!! I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt here kurz (just as i did to your fallen screen name, "flex2winny") but it is REALLY starting to get annoying. just pick something and roll with it, if you aren't happy with the results...THEN change it up. if you keep changing things you'll never understand your body or what it responds to...which is the foundation of reaching your fitness goals.
    Last edited by xtinaunasty; 02-07-2006 at 04:51 PM.

The other thread was closed, as enough is enough of the same shit strewn all over the forum, lookin' like a living room at the end of a domestic violence battle.

Ease off the keyboard and enjoy other activities. You not only drive yourself crazy w/all of the "what if's", you make others at the forum want to take a long walk off a short pier.

~SC~

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Kurz, you want 1,000,000 answers on whether something is (beneficial, good, optimum, or A+) but when someone gives you their $.02 you just say (no way, whoa bro, or something along those lines) if you want help. take it. or don't ask.
    bro...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information