LAGMuXle is offline Member

Skim Milk, Juices, sugars, while cutting?

Who here ignores there intake of sugars and juices during cutting? If you don't eat sugars or drink juices, do you not drink milk either?

What times of the day are sugars ok to intake, if at all, while cutting?

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i personally avoid all three while cutting. i started cutting with them in moderation but since i removed them from my diet i've noticed a big difference in the way that i look. people have different opinions, but from my experience staying away from all of them has been very beneficial.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Water dude only water, but u can use fat free milk in ur PWO shake

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i use to use fat free milk miked with 2 scoop whey for my pwo it was awsome but i do not do it anymore, because after my workouts i dont go home i have to do buiss afterwards so there is no way to bring milk with me to much of a pain in the ass

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    I just recently cut out all dairy and sugary juices, about 2 weeks ago, and my arms and shoulders already seem to look harder. I have always been told that dairy makes you look soft, but I didnt realize the difference it made til now.

I'm glad I've got these responses from you guys. They are helpful.

I am currently avoiding all sugars and juices - AT MOST I will consume a few grams of sugars a day.

I can't seem to reason eating sugars during a cutting diet, just doesn't make much sense. I feel like it gives you a "puffy" appearance. I could be wrong, it might be mainly psychological?

MuX

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i will do up to 12oz of lactose free skim milk and maybe a glass of grapefruit juice a day when cutting but its at its proper times

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i will do up to 12oz of lactose free skim milk and maybe a glass of grapefruit juice a day when cutting but its at its proper times

Exactly, sugar is not the enemy here. It what's you eat, whne you eat and and with what. I'm not saying go drink a liter of Cola (Rod Farva) but I mean lets not get too carried away with the word SUGAR. It doesn't mean death/Ebola/herpes etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Exactly, sugar is not the enemy here. It what's you eat, whne you eat and and with what. I'm not saying go drink a liter of Cola (Rod Farva) but I mean lets not get too carried away with the word SUGAR. It doesn't mean death/Ebola/herpes etc....
    actually i got herpes from sugar

jdspinna is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    actually i got herpes from sugar
    Yea that's a shame. I mean, there is no way to tell where that sugar has been. You eat sugar, you better be willing to accept the consequences.

Honestly I eat fruit and have a little skim milk every morning that I lift during cutting or bulking and it doesn't seem to effect me negatively.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont want a large farva i want a goddamn liter of cola

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I LOVE LAMP!

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Would you like to come to the pants party? uhhh the party...the pants...?

swizole is offline Associate Member
    meow....

12 wk diet of mine, first 4-5 wks into it, one low fat yogurt morning time only(like 15 grams sugar), 1 piece of fruit eod either early afternoon or PWO

next 4 wks, I drop the lowfat yogurt, but continue to eat a piece of fruit eod.

last 4 wks, drop all sugars

As long as I'm around 8-9% or so bf 5-6 wks out, I can drop the next 3-4% really fast and time it pretty good.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Liter is French for give me some FKN Cola!!

jdspinna is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swizole
    meow....
    Excuse me. I'm sorry. Did you just say MEOW?

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    12 wk diet of mine, first 4-5 wks into it, one low fat yogurt morning time only(like 15 grams sugar), 1 piece of fruit eod either early afternoon or PWO

next 4 wks, I drop the lowfat yogurt, but continue to eat a piece of fruit eod.

last 4 wks, drop all sugars

As long as I'm around 8-9% or so bf 5-6 wks out, I can drop the next 3-4% really fast and time it pretty good.

My goal is to reach 7-8% body fat eventually. Right now I am working on cutting from 17% to 12% give or take. I would like to go down to around 12%, then bulk, then the next time I cut try to make it to around 10% or a little less. I would like to reach 235lbs at 7-8%BF within a year, I am currently 210 and at 17% BF or so, possibly 18%. I am getting BF checked soon so I will know exactly. I haven't decided to add in any AAS at any point this year. It is a possibility, but for now, natural.

Currently I am avoiding all "manufactured" sugars. Natural sugars I don't have a real problem with, as giantz said, it depends on what you are eating it with, and when.

Any sugar I have, if at all, will be after I work out (a bananna, etc.), while cutting.

stayinstacked - I like your 12 week plan - seems like an interesting idea, I'll keep that general idea in the back of my mind for when I want to drop from 7-8% down a few marks, if I decide to ever compete.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    While i agree with this somewhat... i have to disagree also.

Yes it's about what you eat.. when.. and with what..

Noting the 'what' as mentioned initially:

This reaffirms that sugar (namely the type) can be the enemy...

'what' being the more relevant determinant.

e.g. lactose... i cannot consume lactose at ALL.. while cutting (strictly). My physique responds negatively to it. Doesn't matter when i consume it.. or what i consume it with.

------------------------------------------------

As to the original poster's question... i cut sugars and juices while cutting.

~Nark

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    While i agree with this somewhat... i have to disagree also.

Yes it's about what you eat.. when.. and with what..

Noting the 'what' as mentioned initially:

This reaffirms that sugar (namely the type) can be the enemy...

'what' being the more relevant determinant.

e.g. lactose... i cannot consume lactose at ALL.. while cutting (strictly). My physique responds negatively to it. Doesn't matter when i consume it.. or what i consume it with.

------------------------------------------------

As to the original poster's question... i cut sugars and juices while cutting.

~Nark

Agreed, however I on the other hand have no issues with lactose at all. And for example, I will have a bit of Brown Sugar with my oats in the morning. I feel that with Oats, Brown Sugar and Egg Whites that the sugar portion of the meal causes little to no effect. That's basically what I was getting at, situations such as that. Not just eating pure sugar by itself, obviously that would be counter prodcutive.

Thread Information