Thread: Clean vs Junk

Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Clean vs Junk

If i took identicle twins both the same height and bmi. All things being equal (training lifestyle etc) if one were to consume 3500 kcals from clean sources and the other twin was to consume 4400 kcals from junk food. Assuming protein consumed is equal who do you think would grow better. Im not asking who would weigh more at the end of say a year but who would have gained the most LMB?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What's the reasoning behind 3500 vs. 4400?

I'd keep calories the same, but use diff. foods.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    What's the reasoning behind 3500 vs. 4400?

I'd keep calories the same, but use diff. foods.

~SC~
    Well the idea as i had it was purely speculative. Does a clean diet high in vitamins and minerals but lower in kcals provide the same growth stimulus as a higher kcalorie diet with a lower nutrient value?
    Kinda wondering how much more junk do you need to eat if you're diet is poor in order to grow the same as when eating a good diet.
    Dunno if you are familliar with the mentzer "a calorie is a calorie" theory. Kinda inspired by that i came up with this question.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    a calorie is a calorie?...okay Im cutting cant I take in ~2000 cals from fat?...

but seriously...IMO the only reason you might end up with more lean mass is if you put on fat mass and that made room for lean mass

Kuzin Tarell is offline Associate Member
    i think the clean bulk will take a bit longer, but you will look alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Well the idea as i had it was purely speculative. Does a clean diet high in vitamins and minerals but lower in kcals provide the same growth stimulus as a higher kcalorie diet with a lower nutrient value?
    Kinda wondering how much more junk do you need to eat if you're diet is poor in order to grow the same as when eating a good diet.
    Dunno if you are familliar with the mentzer "a calorie is a calorie" theory. Kinda inspired by that i came up with this question.
    Yeah, I have my own writings, such as a piece I created called "why I don't count calories". A calorie is anything but JUST a calorie.

Your study seems to be more nutrient based vs. same calories, so that is diff. than what I was constructing, hence our diff. approaches.

I challenged Kurz to do a junk for 1 month/clean for 1 month test of each approach, but his charming wit got his ass booted from here before I'd learn if he was gonna do it.

~SC~

Kuzin Tarell is offline Associate Member
    shit, ill do it for a month

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I dont know if I could do it for a month...I tried to do a dirty bulk recently...was gonna be 2 wks...lasted 5dayshad to go back to the clean stuff...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    That cracks me up how you said
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    was gonna be 2 wks...lasted 5days
    haha

oh by the way that is an interesting question, IMO it would also matter as to how dirty it was. i mean if some foods were good and clean such as chicken breast, flax, and some whey, ect. it would matter a lot because they are high calorie foods..

Yeah, I have my own writings, such as a piece I created called "why I don't count calories". A calorie is anything but JUST a calorie.

Your study seems to be more nutrient based vs. same calories, so that is diff. than what I was constructing, hence our diff. approaches.

I challenged Kurz to do a junk for 1 month/clean for 1 month test of each approach, but his charming wit got his ass booted from here before I'd learn if he was gonna do it.

~SC~
    you got a link to that?

It's on my board in the V.X. Virtual Library.

~SC~

Juicy Sauce is offline Member

~SC~
    interesting post SC!

~SC~
    ok i'll have a butchers when i get some quiet time.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    If i took identicle twins both the same height and bmi. All things being equal (training lifestyle etc) if one were to consume 3500 kcals from clean sources and the other twin was to consume 4400 kcals from junk food. Assuming protein consumed is equal who do you think would grow better. Im not asking who would weigh more at the end of say a year but who would have gained the most LMB?

the one eating clean would gain the best. Junk food imo is more of hinder than help when it comes to gains. There is much more to food than just macro's. If your not healthy the body wont make building muscle a priority.

Thread Information