Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    bcap is offline Member
    Thanks Solid Snake

Yeah 3 times a day is what we are supposed to have, but seeming as I am just introducing it to my system I don't want to overload it. I think I will go twice today and see how my body responds to that for a couple days - on Thursday maybe I'll do the final up to 3 times a day.

Thanks for the response.

Bryan

bcap is offline Member
    Update again for the day

Everything is going according to plan - am just enjoying my 1st pro/carb meal before I head out to the gym. I took another eca dose, to make it 2 today and I feel pretty good - not too overwhelming, which is good.

Feeling super good today. Everything is perfect

Bryan

bcap is offline Member
    Tonight I totally destroyed my legs, felt so amazing!

I did all my usualy excercises, but for the last one, i went on the squat machine and did this:

- 10 reps, very slow at a medium weight
    - rest with my legs extended (still holding the weight)
    - did 9 reps, very slow again at the same weight
    - rest with my legs extended (still hodling the weight)
    - did 8 reps .. yada yada, and so on until 1 rep

WOW did it ever hurt!

Whta woudl you guys say about cardio in the morning? I'd like to still go for a walk. I just won't workout tomorrw, that still ok?

Bryan

bcap is offline Member
    Also, just wondering if anyone has any results with CLA?

I was thinking of adding it to my ECA stack, suggestions?

bcap is offline Member
    04/19/06

Woke up 20 mins ago, have taken my first dose of ECA and am about to go for a walk in 10 mins once it kicks in.

Today will be a good day. My legs are pretty sore from yesterday, but i'm going to do cardio to get blood flowing to them - it will help heal them.

Bryan

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    No one's commented for a while, so just wanted to let you know we're all following still Keep it up. And as for the CLA, like I said, works wonders for lab rats but doesn't do shit for humans

1buffsob

solid snake is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    Thanks Solid Snake

Yeah 3 times a day is what we are supposed to have, but seeming as I am just introducing it to my system I don't want to overload it. I think I will go twice today and see how my body responds to that for a couple days - on Thursday maybe I'll do the final up to 3 times a day.

Thanks for the response.

Bryan

no problem bro anytime

take care and keep up the good work

p.s cant wait for the next set of photos

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks guys for the comments - i was getting a little down thinking no one was following it anymore, felt like i was pulling teeth for comments. Not that I need it, it's just I feel i'm doing super well this last week/next 4 weeks, and I may need a tiny bit of motivation to push through.

Pics tomororw - feelign good about my progress

bcap is offline Member
    so seeming as today is my day off (working out) cause i did legs yesterday, i had to revise my diet. Here it is for the day:

10:45 Cardio
    12:30 Pro/Carb
    3:30 Pro/Fat
    5:15 Cardio
    6:30 Pro/Fat
    8:30 Pro/Fat
    10:30 Pro/Fat

bcap is offline Member
    Just took 2nd dose of ECA, am goign to go for a walk in 20 when it kicks in - SECOND walk of the day, haven't eatn for an hour so it'll be on a relatively empty stomach as well.

Bryan

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    Just got a chance to read through the majority of this thread and will definately be keeping an eye on it.

LOOKING GREAT! Keep up the good work.

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks a million superballer - is that you in your avy?

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    looking sharp. Keep up the good work.

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks Can't wait until progress pics/stats tomorrow.

locutus is offline Associate Member
    Looking foward to your progress bro

bcap is offline Member
    03/20/06

The moment of truth.

Woke up this morning, all excited about weighing in and doing progress pics. I must say - as much as I have much deserved hell coming from you guys for saying this - I am a little disapointed with my weight. I have not gone down much in the last 2 - 3 weeks. I don't understand why. I have only had ONE cheat meal on Sunday, everything else has been bang on - cardio every morning, working out on schedule, I'm even taking an ECA stack for christ sakes.

I'm going to continue to go at it full blow - continue taking the ECA stack (will up it to 3 times a day now) and will continue to do cardio every morning for the next week. I will not have a cheat meal this next week either. If I do not go down any more I'm going to be super pissed. I know you guys say that scale weight doesn't matter - but as much as you say that, one of the most important thing when someone asks your stats is your weight - so it DOES matter.

Anywya, without further adieu, here are the stats:

Weight: 186.8

Pics:

Week to Week:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Week 8.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	66647

Before to Current:

Name:	Before to Current.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	66646

Progress:

Name:	Progress.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	66645

Do you guys think that having a carb up day within the next week would help? Should I zig zag my calories? How do I do that? Any other suggestoins?

Bryan

bcap is offline Member
    Another question - how long do the caffeine pills/ephedrine effect you for? For example, if i were to take my doses at 8:30 am before cardio, 2:00 pm before workout and then again at 6, does that leave enough time between my 2nd dose and 3rd dose? Will I still be able to go to sleep at 12?

The Moose is offline Junior Member
    Bryan if you want to properly zig-zag your calories, go 3 days at 1000 below your maintenance level and the 4th day keep your calories at your maintenance level. This alone should make you lose 2lbs of body fat per week and by upping your calories on the 4th day (even going past your maintenance level to a calorie surplus won't hurt you) you prevent your body from going into starvation mode where it holds on to fat and burns lean mass.
    Its very hard at such a lower level of calories, play around with it abit to see what works the best, for you I wouldn't reccommend going anywhere below 2200 calories per day so if thats less than 1000 that should work pretty decently, its the best I can reccommend without knowing your maintenance level.

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks Moose

Well right now, I'm eating around 2000-2200 calories a day anyway, so should I do what I'm doing now and then every 4th day up the calories?

How woudl I up them? What MORE woudl I eat?

Thanks, Bryan

Bro, can you not see the rib action coming through? I notice a huge difference from last week. Look at the way you can see the delt seperation from the front view. Love handles are almost completely gone! But I think it's the chest that shows the most improvement. Seriously Bryan, I wouldn't worry so much about the weight this week. You can have 2-3lbs fluctuation on any given day. Just so happens you stepped on the scale at a time you were fluctuating. Also, ECA does put a little water weight on some for the first couple of days. Just the introducing of the supplement to your system. I think you should be very proud of this week's accomplishments. I think you're looking too much in the ab section, not noticing the improvements in the other part of the body. Speeking of which, when do we get wheel pics?

Good job I'm very proud of you.

Kyle

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks Kyle

yeah no i see it everywhere else, I guess I'm just focusing too much on the midsection - I really want them abs to come through, more than anything! What's your take on the zig-zagging/carb cycling?

Abs are the last to come through. How many people do you see with a tight six pack and fat hanging off their arms and love handles?

I don't think any calorie or carb cycling would be in order for you. I think you should just keep doing what you're doing, cause it's freaking working wonders bro.

Kyle

bcap is offline Member
    GRR FVCK YOU ABS!

lol - today i'm goign to crush in the gym. can't wait. wooooo

solid snake is offline Junior Member
    hey bcap nice pics bro GREAT WORK

as 1buffsob said theres some ribs comming throu and front delt separation

and in refrence to changing your diet around

theres a old saying that goes YOU DONT FIX WHAT ISINT BROKEN!!!!

your diets working week in week out so dont change it!!!

thats all i gota say just keep it up youv come a long way bro

take care.

solid snake

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks guys for all the help and support - this is the main reason I have this thread here. You guys always have a way of keeping me up when I get down. Thanks again, and for the next week I PROMISE I will not screw up ONCE. I am taking ECA 3 x a day now, doing cardio every morning on empty stomach and will try to do it again at night, and am following a very strict workout schedule. Also, thish week, i'm goign to change up my exercises in the gym, throw a wrench into the gears, see how they react

I like the idea of the switch up in the gym. Alternating exercises, going from barbell to dumbell, more intensity, +/- rest time in between sets, etc. I believe that is the best way to "throw a wrench into the gears" as you say. Shock the body hardecore.

Kyle

bcap is offline Member
    Yeah, tis the plan. Pretty pumped. I'm gonna crush my oatmeal and pop my 2nd dose of eca in a little bit.

thedoctordavo is offline Junior Member
    Your making awesome progress man! Keep this up your thread here is one of the inspirations helping me with my diet! Your lookin great bro!

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks a lot man.

So i just want to give you guys an update to my workout tonight. All the motivation and comments you guys gave me this mornign got me really really pumped to workout. I used that (plus my eca) to get myself super pumped for the gym. I decided to try something new, and correct me if i was wrong in doing this - but I went without a spotter for the 1st two sets of each excersise. I focused really hard on form and made sure I was targetting my chest. Somehow, on each excersise, I upped my weight by at least 5 pounds - and I had no spotter! Now on my last set of each I upped it 5 or 10 pounds and I asked someone to spot me, and I totally destroyed it, again, focusing really hard on hitting my chest.

WOW, what a good idea that was - I am SOOOO sore now, but it feels great. After my workout, i went for a 20 minute walk (65% hr) and then downed my pwo shake.

Feeling good guys!
    Last edited by bcap; 04-20-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Wow, just saw your progress pics. Great Job B. Like the others said, you are making noticeable progress. I can see your chest outline starting to take a very noticeable shape now as well as the obvious stuff the other guys have stated also. Keep it going. I am looking to you for inspiration on this. I have started writing a journal of everything I eat every day just so at some point i have to put it on paper (computer) and force myself to think about why i ate that instead of something better for me and my goals.

You are doing it bro, keep it up!!!

bcap is offline Member
    Good to hear that I am helping someone - you shoudl post it up here too, the guys motivation here is priceless and I couldn't have made it this far without it.

bcap is offline Member
    Update for now

Up early because I've got a final at 9. I'll be goign to the gym after it to do back/abs followed by 20 mins of cardio. I'll also be doing cardio this afternoon on as empty a stomach as I can get.

Feeling really good about my progress, can't wait for those upper abbies to start popping out.

Just a question - how do you guys work your abs to get them toned? Do you like lots of reps with no weight or lower reps (10-12) with weight? WHat exercises do you do? I usually do a circuit consisting of rope crunches with high weight (usually 12 reps) followed quickly by vsits, followed by crunches wiht feet off the ground followed by crunches with feet on the ground followed by hanging leg raises. I do this 3 times.

What do you guys think?

I feel compound movements like squat, deadlift, etc., provide all the ab development one really needs. But I like to do ab crunches on the ball about once or twice a week. Not really for getting the abs toned, more as conditioning for that, um, 'thrusting' power. Ahem.

1buffsob

bcap is offline Member
    04/21/06

Hey guys - post for the day. I had a final this morning, didn't do so well, too bad. I crushed my back after my exam, followed by abs. I didn't get a chance to do cardio today, i'm studying like mad for my next exam plus the weather is crappy out (rainy all day) so that doesn't help things.

Everything is going well tho - my abs are really really REALLY hurting, so thats a good sign.

Tomorrow = shoulders, i'm SOOO pumped, I love shoulder day. Any words of advice to change things up - what do you guys usually do on shoudler day? I woudl like to develop my rear delts a little more - get some ncier cuts going on.

Thanks Bryan
    Last edited by bcap; 04-21-2006 at 10:27 PM.

My shoulder day consists of 5 exercises. 1. Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2. Dumbbell forward raises (thats what i call them) 3. Dumbbell side raises 4. Shrugs on the machine or whatever is available to do them on 5. Reverse pec dec ( i know, most of you do them on back day).

My shoulders respond real well to that stuff. I change it up from time to time but those are my favorite of the shoulder exercises.

Bryan, been meaning to ask you. When you do anaerobic and cardio right after each other (workout then finish with 20 mins of cardio), are you finishing your workout and then downing a protein shake before the cardio or are you doing the protein shake after the cardio? I was never sure how to handle this. I take the protein shake within 15 mins of the workout, usually right after i finish the last set. After that, i always feel its useless to do the cardio after the workout because my stomach now has food in it (the protein shake). Thats why i stick to cardio when I wake up.
    Do you know if i should worry about that?

Quil is offline Member
    I've started doing a sort of reverse cable cross over for my rear delts. Set the cable handles on the top notch, grab each side with your opposite hand, hold the cables at chin level out in front of you (stand back off of the cable machine itself a little) and then bring the cables down towards your sides, but away from your body a little. Did that make sense at all? Really burns the hell out of my rears.

bcap is offline Member
    Quil - I like the sounds of that i'm DEFINTLY trying that one today.

Locutus - I do cardio after workout before taking my pwo shake. I couldn't explain the biology of it - but it has something to do with your glycogen stores (maybe somone else can further explain it), but your glycogen cells are empty after a workout, exactly the same way they are when you work out. So when you do cardio after you workout, its the same as doing cardio in the a.m. when you wake up. I do this for 20 mins then down my shake - everything is good to go Thanks for the advice

Bryan

bcap is offline Member
    Hey guys.

Just got back from an AMAZING hour walk (empty stomach with eca 30 mins before), in the rain. I have never felt so good on a walk, i actually ENJOYED walking in the rain! Wierd.

So here is what I plan on doing for my trap/shoudler workout today.

Military Press with Plate Raises in between sets
    Side laterals (standing upright) with side laterals (bent over) in between
    Upright rows with ez curl bar
    Rear shrugs on the cables - innervention method
    The cable exercise explained a few posts up

How's that look?

bcap is offline Member
    Oh yeah - 1 more thing. I just realized that I can see my top ONE ab on both sides.

WOOOO

Meal 1 = 6 egg whites, 1 whole egg + 2 tsp flax oil. mmmm yummy

bcap is offline Member
    Just wanna let you guys all know that I had a meeting tonight with my landlord for next year, with 6 others i'll be living with. It was @ a bar/pub/restaurant thingy. Everyone ordered food, beer, and I simply said "no thank you". I resisted fries, fried crap and beer for a good 2 hours while we sat and talked.

I feel super proud

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information