hpfl_usmc_pilot is offline New Member

I want to BULK, but I want it LEAN

I've been trying to read through this forum to find what I'm trying to do... But it seems like there is no combination that I can find. d

I want to gain LEAN muscle mass. (Gaining muscle weight while decreasing body fat %) What kind of diet should I pursue?

Stats: 5'11''/175 lbs/ unknown bf%../

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    not really posisble with out steroids . just gain some muscle cleanly then cut it with the diet in the sticky. sorry

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    ditto. cant cut BF and gain muscle. it contradicts itself

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    you body would not create tissue while it is starving other functions

Im same weight same height and in the same boat as this guy I think. I want to just be friggin cut already and feels like ive been cutting for eternity. What if you remained on the cutting program eating about 250 grams of protein 120 grams of carbs and 60 from fats, did ur 5 days of am cardio, had a well rounded 5 day split, but then incorporated clen and creatine into the mix. Wouldnt the clen help schred the fat and the creatine give you the surge to put on the extra muscle pre and post workout. With this intact wouldnt it make sense to possibly go down to a much more lean and cut 165-170 at losing about a pound a week?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Diet and cardio are 10x more important than anything you take would be. I dont find clen to be all that effective for me, unless you call me shaking like crazy being effective. When progress stalls, increase cardio and decrease macros SLIGHTLY. I got great results this cutting run (not as great as I'd like..I blame that on genetics for holding fat no matter what) and I attribute it mostly to the cardio workload increase.

It really isn't possible to drop bodyfat and gain muscle at the same time, but if your calories are just right I think it may be possible to gain a small amount of strength and lose bodyfat at the same time. I did this the first few weeks I was cutting. Granted, I really didn't lose much bodyfat at all during this time, but at least I wasn't gaining. It's all about how you manipulate your macros around your daily activities, body type, and routine and most importantly, to my body type anyway, CARDIO. I really wouldn't lose any significant amt of bodyweight overtime unless I was doing cardio every day..(increased to 2x a day after time)..but that will take time.

Focus on one or the other, don't try to do both at the same time, you will be VERY disappointed and the results will be less than great.

Thread Information