Thread: Tme off?

Lugar is offline Banned

Tme off?

I am thinking about taking a week off. Never had more than a 2 day layoff and recently, it's been 7 days a week, either cardio or training. Prob. for about 1 year + now....strength is starting to slide, not making the weight improvements I used to and my diet is the exact same. I stopped am cardio except for a small walk with the dog before breakfast for 20 minutes and the scale is up a lb then down a lb, then up 3, then down 2...etc. You guys ever take time off? It will def. be the hardest thing I've ever done.

Do you still eat the same? every 2 hours? Same ratios? How about prebed shakes? Skip them or get it in too?

I realize I'll nix the pw shake of rice cakes and whey, but is that all?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i take at least a couple weeks off a year. it does your mind and body wonders. if you're gonna do it though, i would scratch the diet also. you may gain a little weight...but after a week or two you will be back and more motivated than ever. i definitely recommend it!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i feel i grow really well when i take a whole week off, i alter my diet a little, but i feel crazy excited come monday morning of that next week!

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I get too depressed taking that much time off. I had to take 3 days off about 2 months ago when I was on vacation and that was more than enough 'off' time for me. Definately helps motivation when you get back in the gym though. Injuries are the only exception to taking more than 5 days off in my book though.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Keeps ya sane

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    about evrey 90 days i take a wee off and just do cardio about 3x that week and i also have a few cheat meals nothing to big just something like cheese burgers maybe a little pizza, or some babyback ribs, always remember to keep your cheats high in protein

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    about evrey 90 days i take a wee off and just do cardio about 3x that week and i also have a few cheat meals nothing to big just something like cheese burgers maybe a little pizza, or some babyback ribs, always remember to keep your cheats high in protein

Lugar is offline Banned
    wish i could do it.....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Well, you do have time off.

From here.

~SC~

Thread Information