Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dextrose

L.Priest is offline Banned
    agreed...so the ol gatorade during is garbage? I see a ton of bbd'ers doing it, makes me curious......

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Priest
    agreed...so the ol gatorade during is garbage? I see a ton of bbd'ers doing it, makes me curious......

I don't mind any gatordate during a workout, esp. a leg day.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I'll follow with a question:

What does faster glycogen replenishment do for you?
    I know that glycogen replenishment takes around 40 hours to achieve. and taking in about 100g of dextrose PWO will only replenish about 5% of your stores. you need to consume way more than just PWO carbs and PPWO carbs to fully replenish. as for what it does. i am pretty sure that it makes your muscles fuller by providing the stored energy that it is accustomed to needing because of the prolonged weight training. Giantz, ...i wasn't calling you out by saying that the shuttling process was the reason for the replenishment, i was just asking if that was correct because i was under the impression that it was. i know you are the carb guy around here. but what do you think would be the best way to begin the replenishment phase? obviously the PWO and PPWO carbs. but i take in fat/pro before bed for longer digestion and slower absorbtion. however i only train a muscle group once a wek so should i be ok?

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Milos Sarcev swore by importance of Pre and Post Work Out foods. He favored PreWO apples, and PostWO blueberry muffins & protein, and leaness was his trademark!

M.

bcap is offline Member
    only reason i say gatorade = no good for post is cause there is only like 14g of carbs in a bottle, thats not enough if your throwing a 30g protein shake. You'd have to have 4 bottles of gatorade, but then you get all the other crap.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Currently, I do 1:1:1 of protein dextrose and oats. There was a thread on consuming low GI carbs pwo a while back. I'll try to dig it up.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    I know that glycogen replenishment takes around 40 hours to achieve. and taking in about 100g of dextrose PWO will only replenish about 5% of your stores. you need to consume way more than just PWO carbs and PPWO carbs to fully replenish. as for what it does. i am pretty sure that it makes your muscles fuller by providing the stored energy that it is accustomed to needing because of the prolonged weight training. Giantz, ...i wasn't calling you out by saying that the shuttling process was the reason for the replenishment, i was just asking if that was correct because i was under the impression that it was. i know you are the carb guy around here. but what do you think would be the best way to begin the replenishment phase? obviously the PWO and PPWO carbs. but i take in fat/pro before bed for longer digestion and slower absorbtion. however i only train a muscle group once a wek so should i be ok?
    Na bro you took it the wrong way. I was just saying, what does quicker glycogen replenishment offer. It doesn't increase protein synthesis, you just increase glycogen synthesis. Not really that important for a bodybuilder who is going straight from the gym to home, to go eat and then sleep. No need to fill glycogen stores fast, it really just isn't that important. Best way to begin replensihment is to not lose too much glycogen in the first place as that is catabolic. So make sure you have your Pre workout carbs in there and whats needed PWO is much less.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Giantz - whats your pwo and ppwo look like?

Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    Giantz - whats your pwo and ppwo look like?
    Bagel
    Cottage Cheese
    Whey Shake

Both meals.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I hate sweets so in my pwo shake 50g protein 50 dex 50 maltodex(less sweet, high GI).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information