CreMator is offline New Member

Lightbulb Opinions wanted please!

Hi there chaps, i am a newbie from South Africa and i am an avid reader of these posts. I think you guys have alot of knowledge between you and therfore would like to thank you as i have learnt more here than in any mag ever!

Therefore i would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me.
    I have been training for 4 months now and my stats are as follows
    Weight 176 pounds, height 6 ft, fat % 12.
    My goal is to be about 196 pounds with about 8% fat.

I am planning to use AS in about 6 mnths from now but will ask my questions on that in the steroid forum.

My diet is as follows -
    I eat seven times a day of which 2 are MRP's and 1 is a protein shake just before bed.
    Each meal consists of the following
    Carbs = 45g
    Protein = 30g
    Fat (mostly olive oil) = 10g

I supplement with glutamine (5g), morning, post workout, pre bedtime. Creatine mixed with 35g dextrose 1/2 hour before workout.
    I train at around 19:00

1. Should i have more carbs earlier on in the day and then cut them out in the afternoon or remain constant with the carbs throughout the day as i am training at night?
    2. What would you recommend as a post-workout meal?
    3. Should i have more protein or fat?
    4. How much should i bump my carb/protein/fat intake up by when i use AS?
    5. I would like to use Flax oil instead, how much should i have a day?

Thanks for a great forum guys!!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Welcome to the board

If you are going to try and gain weight you have to accept the fact that your B/F will increase you can,t be cut and gain mass at the same time.

You are roughly consuming around 2600 cals a day which you will need to increase to at least 3200.This should see the weight increase slightly.Your protein is around 210g a day? Increase both the carbs and protein to get this new caloric figure.

You really need to weight longer before thinking about AS 4 months of training is nothing.Wait for a year and you will find that you have reached the weight you want without AS

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey bro...welcome. First thing you could do is tell us how old you are. Secondly if you've been reading these posts you know the guys here are going to tell you that 4 months of training is nowhere near long enough...you give it AT LEAST 2 years of serious natural training and eating before thinking about AAS.

Should i have more carbs earlier on in the day and then cut them out in the afternoon or remain constant with the carbs throughout the day as i am training at night?

Try to stop taking in starchy carbs after 3pm. You can have a simple carb immediately after training to replace gycogen stores and then 45 minutes later have a meal such as chicken breast and steamed veggies.

How much should i bump my carb/protein/fat intake up by when i use AS?

Take you body wieght (in lbs) and multiply by 20...that will give you a rough idea of your daily caloric intake. 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat

I would like to use Flax oil instead, how much should i have a day?

2-3 tablespoons...mix one in a shake or use it as a topping on salad or tuna

P

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Right on Pete ....

Hey bro ... Good advice .... You have the potential first off to gain some muscle naturally ... If AS is in the mind ... hey great but get some solid training in the books for a good year at least ... Train on your form ,.,.. worst thing you can do is jump weights too fast and risk a serious injury ,,, give your joints and tendons time to adjust for heavy weights over some time ...good luck

CreMator is offline New Member
    Hey thanks guys!
    I just need to clear up one thing, what i meant was that i have been training for 4 months now and would consider taking AS in another 6 months from now so that would give me a solid years training before i even consider As.

I have just turned 30 but have been very active with other sports like kickboxing and cycling, also been spending time in the gym on and off depending on competition dates for kickboxing so it's not like i'm not used to exercising or anything. But i have only recently decided to concentrate more on the bodybuilding side of things and taking a break from the other sports.

Last edited by CreMator; 10-22-2001 at 04:36 AM.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    My first question would be, why are you considering gear use? Do you want to compete? Also is this the first time you've ever trained with weights? Because really if so your hard training and good diet will yield great results for a while. I would not start any AS use untill you stopped making gains. You can also manipulate your fat intake by adding MTC's to your diet. They can be used for fuel as many weightgainers use them. More info please...

Thread Information