Thread: Cutting diet.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member

Cutting diet.

Hi. I`m starting my fift week of cutting tomorrow. Without juice. I have lost 11lbs so far, I would think this is to much in just 4 weeks? I`m doing cardio 3 days a week now. My bodyweight is about 190lbs.

My diet consists of 360g protein, 160g carbs and 90g fat. Aprox 2880kcal.

I obviousely need to up my cals, but what would you suggest increasing? My protein intake is high enough I believe.

Thanks..

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Your plan seems to be working for now. 11 lbs in four weeks is pretty awesome! Do you feel weak or do you think that you are losing muscle?

Judging progress by body weight alone is sort of tough. A lot has to do with looking in the mirror. Are you looking more cut than before? What's your height? Do you know your bf%?

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gra
    Hi. I`m starting my fift week of cutting tomorrow. Without juice. I have lost 11lbs so far, I would think this is to much in just 4 weeks? I`m doing cardio 3 days a week now. My bodyweight is about 190lbs.

My diet consists of 360g protein, 160g carbs and 90g fat. Aprox 2880kcal.

I obviousely need to up my cals, but what would you suggest increasing? My protein intake is high enough I believe.

Thanks..

If you want to post your diet in detail I will be happy to look it over, as I'm sure most others here on the board will do as well.

LAG

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Your plan seems to be working for now. 11 lbs in four weeks is pretty awesome! Do you feel weak or do you think that you are losing muscle?

Judging progress by body weight alone is sort of tough. A lot has to do with looking in the mirror. Are you looking more cut than before? What's your height? Do you know your bf%?
    It`s to awesome IMO. I think I`m loosing a bit muscle. I can definately see that I`ve lost fat. My bf has went down from 18,5-17(measuring myself so it may not be correct). I`m 179cm tall.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGMuXle
    If you want to post your diet in detail I will be happy to look it over, as I'm sure most others here on the board will do as well.

LAG
    I used the cutting sample from rambo`s sticky.

Meal 1: Shake with 50g whey pro right after cardio,
    30min later: 300g eggwithes, 50g oats, 2dl skimmed milk.

Meal 2: 300g cottage cheese, 10g oil.

Meal 3/4: 180g tuna, some broccoli.

Pwo: Shake with 50g whey and 80g carbs.

Meal 5: 200g chicken, 30g rise and some broccoli.

Meal 6: Shake with 40g pro and 10g oil.

360g pro, 160g carbs and 90g fats.

Thanks in advance.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    And ofcourse one or two cheat meals on saturday.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I think 11lbs in 4 weeks is awesome Gra Your diet is simple and effective. Keep it up bro. My only suggestion would be to make your last meal a solid protein source. You didn't say what kind of protein you were using but I'm assuming it is whey. Whey is absorbed too quickly IMO and you risk muscle loss going that long without another meal. Your cals seem fine where they are.

Keep us posted Gra. Good luck!

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    I think 11lbs in 4 weeks is awesome Gra Your diet is simple and effective. Keep it up bro. My only suggestion would be to make your last meal a solid protein source. You didn't say what kind of protein you were using but I'm assuming it is whey. Whey is absorbed too quickly IMO and you risk muscle loss going that long without another meal. Your cals seem fine where they are.

Keep us posted Gra. Good luck!
    You don`t think 11lbs is a little to much? The last shake is casein actually. I`ll think about changing it for some tuna though.

Thanks

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    No brotha, I think 11lbs in 4 weeks is right on. You have to figure a couple pounds of water weight came off in the first couple of weeks. I think your muscle loss is minimal with your diet. Your heading in the right direction. Glad to hear that your last meal is casein though.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Ok, thanks.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    It`s to awesome IMO. I think I`m loosing a bit muscle. I can definately see that I`ve lost fat. My bf has went down from 18,5-17(measuring myself so it may not be correct). I`m 179cm tall.
    190lbs and 6' and you work out. Your calculation may be high, but its fine as long as you are using it as a reference point. When I do serious cutting I always seem to lose muscle too. I lose weight faster than you do which seems to be the problem 4 me. Every time I try to do the slower weight loss thin I lose the muscle and fat at the same proportion. So at least you shouldn't feel alone.

If you are like me, at the end of the day, you still have more muscle than where you started and you will look a lot more cut. For me I have accepted a degree of muscle loss when I cut. There are guys here that will swear that you don't need to lose any muscle as you cut. And what they tell you will probable minimize it. What's more they probably don't - but I always do-- bad genetics or something.

At the end of the day, if you had to make a choice between cut and skinny or big and fat, most of us would choose the former. Luckily the choice is not so cut and dry.

From what you have said, you are doing pretty well so far. Good luck in tweaking it. Let me know you your progrss.

I used the cutting sample from rambo`s sticky.

Meal 1: Shake with 50g whey pro right after cardio,
    30min later: 300g eggwithes, 50g oats, 2dl skimmed milk.

I say this all the time, and I'm waiting to get yelled at; but I don't do well with milk, it makes me bloat up a little ... I almost get puffy when I drink it. So I suggest stay away, unless you know you won't react like I do to it.

Meal 2: 300g cottage cheese, 10g oil.

I think regular cottage cheese has some carbs in it, might be mixing your macros here so be careful - just a thought. Depends on the brand, etc.

Meal 3/4: 180g tuna, some broccoli.

Might want to add some carbs here for your workout.

Pwo: Shake with 50g whey and 80g carbs.

Meal 5: 200g chicken, 30g rise and some broccoli.

Meal 6: Shake with 40g pro and 10g oil.

360g pro, 160g carbs and 90g fats.

Thanks in advance.

Other than the couple comments, it looks good. Consider switching meals 2 and 4... put the carbs about 45 minutes before you lift.

Good Luck with everything, I think you are on track so far.

What are you goals? It's always good to have goals with a good time frame, be realistic and you shouldn't have a problem meeting them.

Edit - sorry, I always skip the good stuff. You seem to be doing well. Here is one thought - if you feel as though you are losing your muscle, just add in a meal with some more carbs. I do this on occasion. Your body will tell you when it's time to eat, or if it's not getting enough. As your diet matures you will begin to create a dynamic system that you will be able to change based on experience.

I think you are keeping it simple and clean, looks good.

LAG
    Last edited by LAGMuXle; 03-06-2006 at 08:34 AM.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    First, thank you all for helping me out.

I`ll cut the milk a little closer to the summer, It`s much easier to get the oats down with milk so I`ll keep it a couple of months.

The cottage cheese have 1,5g carbs/100g, to much?

It might be a good idea to switch meal 2 and 4,but I really only have 5 min for my 2nd meal and the tuna takes to long.

How much carbs do you think I should include in my PreWO meal?

My goal is to loose about 10lbs more in the next couple of month`s, and by how it looks now it wont be a problem.

Thanks everyone..

First, thank you all for helping me out.

I`ll cut the milk a little closer to the summer, It`s much easier to get the oats down with milk so I`ll keep it a couple of months.

The cottage cheese have 1,5g carbs/100g, to much?

Nope, that's fine. I've seen some as high as 7g carbs per 2 Tblspns, just wanted to check.

It might be a good idea to switch meal 2 and 4,but I really only have 5 min for my 2nd meal and the tuna takes to long.

The only reason I suggested this was to give you some energy so you don't burn out during your workout, if you can get through your workout without a problem, then don't worry.

How much carbs do you think I should include in my PreWO meal?

I would aim for 60-80g, but it depends on your goals. I usually only have 40g carbs in a shake immediately after I workout, then another 50g-80g in about an hour as a solid meal.

My goal is to loose about 10lbs more in the next couple of month`s, and by how it looks now it wont be a problem.

Nope, you shouldn't have a problem. I'm glad things are working out well for you - keep up the good work and keep us posted - I saw your other post, I'll try to keep up with it.

Thanks everyone..

Best,

LAG

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Thanks again LAG. I`ll keep you posted.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    190lbs and 6' and you work out
    Im 6'1" and 185does that make me skinny?

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Im 6'1" and 185does that make me skinny?
    Nah, it makes me fat

Thread Information