Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    man i love those hungryman, and yes eat three a day they are on sale at safeway for 2bucks a piece

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    What do you guys think? Should I do the hungry man diet for 8 wks and see what happens?
    i say do it just keep doin cardio few times a week.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    the funny thing is that he is probably one of the biggest health freaks i know....does cardio almost everyday, takes 100mg of CoQ10 everyday, takes cranberry supps, milk thistle, multi, fish oils with almost every meal...the straight fact is that if you are a hardgainer and all you care about is bulking then hungryman aint a bad idea. hell im sure there are people out there that eat hungryman and mcdonalds all day everyday and dont workout or do cardio...those are the people that should be worried.
    Health Freaks do not eat processed frozen dinners ...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark
    Which is exactly what i was thinking...

and i never said box, i said kick ass...

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    OMG!! Hungry man 1lb dinners???

They have like 5000mg of sodium in each serving......

3 of those a day?????? I would die....

chest6 is offline Banned
    yeah, if hes a health freak..I dont know what that makes me. And no, I don't look anywhere near as good as he does..but he could certainly eat better.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp

and i never said box, i said kick ass...
    and ur point for saying you could kick his ass is what now?

dude when he bulks he just lets it all go....hungry mans, quiznos, black eyed pea. hell ronnie eats a plate of french fries for dinner in his off season and certainly pigs out at black eyed pea for his pwo meal.

chest6 is offline Banned
    dude when he bulks he just lets it all go....hungry mans, quiznos, black eyed pea. hell ronnie eats a plate of french fries for dinner in his off season and certainly pigs out at black eyed pea for his pwo meal.
    I dunno man...I think Ronnie was just doin that for the sake of the video

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Why throw pointless calories in your body that will only be turned to fat. Doesn't make sense.

yall all have good points but like stayinstacked says, if you cant gain weight then the extra calories arent a bad idea...if you can gain weight easily than stay away from hungryman and stick to healthy foods.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    uhhh, he ain't no Ronnie....

~SC~

People seem to think that if you have a hard time gaining weight, that you have to eat shitty ass food in order to gain weight.

So, u wanna gain fat for the sake of gaining weight? What one needs to do is sit down and PLAN, not go to the frozen food aisle and say f*ck it.

However, to each their own, I know what I do and it most certainly works for me.

~SC~

You can definately add more clean calories to a diet before you have to resort to crap calories...

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    uhhh, he ain't no Ronnie....

~SC~
    haha no kidding but ronnie sure aint settin a good example.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    haha no kidding but ronnie sure aint settin a good example.

Bro not to harp on this, but Pro's aren't around to set an example. They can get away with just about anything with their "regiment" and genetics, that is the very reason they are Pro's/. Try and follow a Pro's anything and you may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Bro not to harp on this, but Pro's aren't around to set an example. They can get away with just about anything with their "regiment" and genetics, that is the very reason they are Pro's/. Try and follow a Pro's anything and you may die.
    yeah true true..and you know what else? i would never show a beginner a video of ronnie coleman working out...really really bad form in my opinion (especially barbell rows and tbar rows where he just slams the bar right into his stomach and keeps jerking his body upward)...i would honestly show them jay or gustavo working out because they truly lift weights to stimulate the muscle not just get it up.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    yall all have good points but like stayinstacked says, if you cant gain weight then the extra calories arent a bad idea...if you can gain weight easily than stay away from hungryman and stick to healthy foods.
    There is much more to life than getting big quick. If you regulary put shitfood in your body you will get sic, you will shorten your lifespan, you will **** up your digestion, you will screw with the immune system and you will hurt gains in the long run.

A healthy body is a body that can and will grow. A unhealthy body wont grow as good because it has more important issues to deal with.

If someone is a "hardgainer" and needs kcal just down nuts, throw olive oil in the shakes, eat plenty of fatty fish, beans, whole grain pasta.
    Shit there is a million healthy energy packed foods out there, just look at all the foods swole mentioned.

OK ... Lets get this straight !!! Now your statement on " Health Freak " has changed to:

When he is cutting he eats better than the crap he ingests off season when he eats junk all the time ???

Is it me or is something wrong here ?? When statements change regardless of how trivial they upset me ....

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Thank You .. Giants11 !!

OK ... Lets get this straight !!! Now your statement on " Health Freak " has changed to:

When he is cutting he eats better than the crap he ingests off season when he eats junk all the time ???

Is it me or is something wrong here ?? When statements change regardless of how trivial they upset me ....
    when i said he lets it all go...i dont mean he eats chips and ice cream...i mean he doesnt stress about getting in exact macros or think to himself "oh my god im such a failure i didnt get my carbs from oatmeal or sweet potatoes." he just enjoys himself. he doesnt stress out about the little shit. now yes when it is cutting time like right now for him he eats plain chicken, plain turkey, etc. true a health freak doesnt eat all this stuff, but lets face it...he is in no danger as far as health issues go WHATSOEVER!

Thank You .. Giants11 !!

how was there any ownage?

That's deff. not my definition of a "health freak" either. Sounds like an average guy who will always look a bit better than average because he lifts but isn't willing to make the sacrifices to be at his best. No offense to your friend, some have it, some don't.

timtim is offline Member
    your boss looks really good either way. everyone's diet will be different no matter what. i was told i could never grow on the low calories i eat but guess what, i do. why? it works for ME because I am not YOU.

but i really dont believe in eating super processed shit either, i mean add 2 tablespoons of anpb a day, 2 extra tablespoons of flax a day, and an extra 8 ounces of steak and/or chicken breast = BAM, @ 750 to 1000 clean calories.

It's all in planning, nothing more.

No one can say it "can't" be done, only that they can't do it.

~SC~

I saw a web page of Ronnie one time, the main page was a picture of him eating a pizza. Maybe some of the pro's know something we dont know?

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    OMG!! Hungry man 1lb dinners???

They have like 5000mg of sodium in each serving......

3 of those a day?????? I would die....
    right on bro, and not to mention the trans fatties that are in those things. very very poor choice IMO. look at the protien in the dinner as well, it is not all good protein(at least not full of BCAAs) only the meat protein may be considered good protein. and seriously the sodium is ridiculous if you have any suseptability to high BP then dont eat that garbage.

I saw a web page of Ronnie one time, the main page was a picture of him eating a pizza. Maybe some of the pro's know something we dont know?
    Guess it depends on if you are trying to hit your goals with health in mind or just trying to hit your goals. Most pro's aren't in the best health, as you see many having severe health issues in the past couple years.

Yeah, take pics eating pizza (and get paid) so the general public (kids) envy you for being Mr. Olympia and being able to eat pizza, when in reality it does not make up any staple of your actual dietary approach.

As well, if you are on 48.3 gallons of AAS/GH/IGF-1/SLIN/T3/etc., then you can pretty much do whatever you want. The average joe does not fit into that classification at all, that's pretty obvious.

~SC~

[QUOTE=kaptainkeezy04]when i said he lets it all go...i dont mean he eats chips and ice cream...i mean he doesnt stress about getting in exact macros or think to himself "oh my god im such a failure i didnt get my carbs from oatmeal or sweet potatoes." he just enjoys himself. he doesnt stress out about the little shit. now yes when it is cutting time like right now for him he eats plain chicken, plain turkey, etc. true a health freak doesnt eat all this stuff, but lets face it...he is in no danger as far as health issues go WHATSOEVER![/QUOTE]

i'd like to talk to his heart or maybe his liver about this...

[QUOTE=novastepp]
    when i said he lets it all go...i dont mean he eats chips and ice cream...i mean he doesnt stress about getting in exact macros or think to himself "oh my god im such a failure i didnt get my carbs from oatmeal or sweet potatoes." he just enjoys himself. he doesnt stress out about the little shit. now yes when it is cutting time like right now for him he eats plain chicken, plain turkey, etc. true a health freak doesnt eat all this stuff, but lets face it...he is in no danger as far as health issues go WHATSOEVER![/QUOTE]

i'd like to talk to his heart or maybe his liver about this...
    i will try to arrange something but i cant promise anything.

[QUOTE=kaptainkeezy04]
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp

haha i like that

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I can't see it working I'm afraid.

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    What do you guys think? Should I do the hungry man diet for 8 wks and see what happens?

heavens no

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    If I was going for junk calories I would not go for "hungry man"...packaged frozen dinners dont taste good...

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    If I was going for junk calories I would not go for "hungry man"...packaged frozen dinners dont taste good...
    I'd just eat icecream.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    corn dogs here...or people with caramel sauce...hmmm

Blueberry muffins always get me lol

PhishStasH is offline Member
    (In response to Stayinstacked)
    Why not? Just make sure your life insurance policy is current. :P
    Last edited by PhishStasH; 04-24-2006 at 12:13 AM.

cromwell is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, take pics eating pizza (and get paid) so the general public (kids) envy you for being Mr. Olympia and being able to eat pizza, when in reality it does not make up any staple of your actual dietary approach.

As well, if you are on 48.3 gallons of AAS/GH/IGF-1/SLIN/T3/etc., then you can pretty much do whatever you want. The average joe does not fit into that classification at all, that's pretty obvious.

~SC~
    Exactly! I like your take , mister! God it just scares me that the teens and twenty somethings buy this whack stuff as gospel. Besides ronnie coleman though undeniably very large (and lacking any asthetics he ONCE had) looks like he's going to explode any second, and let's check out his nuritional practices when he is off said substances. For reference see..Mr olympia Dorian yates and ...currrent Dorian yates..much smaller yes (hmmm) but probably healthier. Is'nt that part of the whole ****ing idea? Yes, build a strong body and size but too improve your health and quality of life, not to compromise it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information