Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    juiceboxxx is offline Banned

Need Help "how To Bulk" Meal Plan Schedule

First off I'd like to say hello and that I'm new to this site. I have seen many interesting and new info that amazes me on a daily basis. Amazing work guys. I would especially like to thank User:"LeanMeOut" for his great post on "how to bulk" in the Diet forum.
    Anyways let's get to the point. Based on that post I have the above information about myself and was wondering if some of you guys would be able to help me put a proper diet meal plan together.
    I have already gone ahead and done the calculations and math to the process. I just need to put a diet schedule meal together.
    All the info about me is listed above. any input,comment,questions or concerns would be much appreciated and I will try to help you guys out as much as I can, by providing you with any more info that you need.
    Thank you very much for your help and support.

Sleep : I'm up for 16 hours/day which means I should be eating a meal every 2 hours.
    height: 178 cm
    weight: 77 kg

Harris Benedict Formula for Men - Procedure to find out body calories

Step 1: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kilos) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Step 2: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X 77kg) + (5 X 178cm) - (6.8 X 21age)

Step 3: BMR = 66 + (1054) + (890) - (142) = 1802 Calories

Harris Benedict Formula for Men - STEP 2
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, now multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor,
    as follows:

If you are Sedentary - little or no exercise
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.2

Total Calorie Needs Example
    If you are Sedentary, multiply your BMR (1802) by 1.2 = 2162

My total daily calorie requirement is 2162 calories.
    This is the total number of calories I need in order to MAINTAIN My current weight.

If I want to gain body weight,I must consume more calories than I burn. One pound of body weight is roughly equivalent to 3500 calories/Week,
    so eating an extra 500 calories per day will cause me to gain 1 pound a week.

BMR= 2162 (Calories a day) + 500 (extra/Calories a day) = 2662 calories a day

BMR= 2662 (calories a day) * 7(number of days in a week) =18634 calories a week

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS: >>> I will need 2662 Calories a day/In order to gain a pound a week.<<<

I will need 18634 Calories a week/In order to gain a pound a week.

Based on Harris-Benedict Formula

Sedentary - Bulking (Calories)

Protein: 1064.96
    Fat: 532.48
    Carbs: 1064.96

=2662 Calories a day

Anyone ?????????????????????
    well I know this isn't accurate. But its a example I took out of the original post. I think this is too much calories for me, by almsot 1000 a day. Is this okay? meaning will I be fine using this same formula/method? or no?? and if not, then what should I change ??? please guys im goin nuts tryin to figure this out lol thanx.

Meal 1: Pro/Carb

8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat

Lean Ground Beef, &#188; cup swiss cheese, green veggies

55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb

Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice

55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
    **Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies

60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

Workout

Meal 5: PWO Nutrition

2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose

40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

Meal 6: PPWO

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, &#189; cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)

50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat

Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
    50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed

3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil

60g protein / 3g carbs / 21g Fat

That turns into approximately 420 grams protein, 250 grams Carbs, and 83 grams of fat. This is roughly 3500 calories
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 03-09-2006 at 02:00 AM.

Oh now wait a minute. If my body needs 2662 Calories a day/In order to gain a pound a week, then if I stick to the example that I have used which is 3500 calories = 838 calories more then what I need. I guess I could use this same example that I have listed. The only thing would be that instead of gaining the 1 lbs a week then I will be gaining roughly 2 lbs a week. Am I right ???? I sure hope so, because I'f I am then I'll just stick to this sample right here and gain aproximently 8 lbs a month.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I'd drop the protein a bit and up the carbs, you are trying to bulk remember.

This formula is ok to get a general idea but isn't the same for everyone. Use it as a basis and then figure out where you stand with trial and error.
    3500calories is too little IMO for bulking. Try 4500.

Also as your LBM increases and your meal frequency, your metabolic rate will increase as well. This means you must take in more calories for the same amount of gains. I'm at 5500 right now and slowly putting on weight.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx
    I sure hope so, because I'f I am then I'll just stick to this sample right here and gain aproximently 8 lbs a month.
    If this were the case everyone would weight 300lbs by the time they were 25. Not quite that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I'd drop the protein a bit and up the carbs, you are trying to bulk remember.

This formula is ok to get a general idea but isn't the same for everyone. Use it as a basis and then figure out where you stand with trial and error.
    3500calories is too little IMO for bulking. Try 4500.

Also as your LBM increases and your meal frequency, your metabolic rate will increase as well. This means you must take in more calories for the same amount of gains. I'm at 5500 right now and slowly putting on weight.

oh ok. so you would recomend to drop the protein down a bit and add more carbs? how much more carbs? i guess enough to equal 4500calories a week?

did you start at 5500 cals a week? or did you have to work you way up through trial and error? by the way thanx for replying brother.

also what does LBM stand for?

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    what do u eat that adds up to 4500 cals! im broke and i only get 3500!

IBdmfkr, what about this method?? I also got this from the same thread. I know these arent mine and I dont mean to steal them. I also know their is no guaranties. I'm just trying to find out a method and then through trial and error I will find out what works for me and my body. But I need a base to get me started. so which would you recomend? 1 is too low and the 2nd is too high ohh man this is headaches lol.

Meal 1. 1 1/2 servings n large 2 in milk with oatmeal and peanut butter and 4 eggs (cooked)

Meal 2. Steak, potatoes, veggies of some sort, 1/2 serving protien powder (usually whey) with olive oil (2-3 tablespoons)

Meal 3. Ground beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, rice.

Meal 4. 1 1/2 servings n large 2, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, milk.

Ultrafuel preworkout

PWO
    50 grams of whey, 150 grams of dextrose 20 ius of slin

PPWO
    Chicken, rice, brocolli

Meal 6. Steak, mushrooms, onions potatoes or rice of some sort.

Meal 7. Nlarge 2 with milk, flax oil

Meal 8, 3 cans tuna with mayo and bread

Mid sleep snack - Cottage cheese, protien drink with milk.

It comes out to about 6500 cals, 600+ protien etc..
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 03-09-2006 at 03:08 AM.

Much better but 600g's of protein is way too much IMO. You need to start at your 3500 calories and bump it up approx 500 calories/wk and see how you feel. 5000 calories could be too much for you, 4600 could be just right (you gain LBM-lean body mass and keep fat gain to a minimum.) See what I'm saying, you must do trail and error and find your groove where you get the cleanest gains. I worked my way up to 6500 calories and it is extremely difficult for me to get them all in (I am staying up until 3am to get my last meal) Hope this helps a bit. Learn more about the basics of dieting to bulk and understand why you are eating certain foods at different parts of the day, then learn to count calories etc...

Much better but 600g's of protein is way too much IMO. You need to start at your 3500 calories and bump it up approx 500 calories/wk and see how you feel. 5000 calories could be too much for you, 4600 could be just right (you gain LBM-lean body mass and keep fat gain to a minimum.) See what I'm saying, you must do trail and error and find your groove where you get the cleanest gains. I worked my way up to 6500 calories and it is extremely difficult for me to get them all in (I am staying up until 3am to get my last meal) Hope this helps a bit. Learn more about the basics of dieting to bulk and understand why you are eating certain foods at different parts of the day, then learn to count calories etc...
    so then you would recomend to start off with the 3500 cals/week, then every week bump it up by 500 and in your opinion you think that 4600 could be just right for me eh? ok....1 question so then using the 1st example I provided that incuded 3500 cals a week, how much more carbs would I have to get in order to get 1100 more cals so that it will equal to be 4600 cals/week as you recomended? and also I know a list of carbs I can add but I'm no good with counting cals. so I wanted to know what more can I add to this 1st example that I provided which consists of (3500 calories) in order to get to 4600 calories?
    just use the same meal plan but tell me what to add to the list to get 1100 more calories and I would greatly appreciate it thanx bro.

hmmm perhaps this is what I was looking for???.....

BULKING DIET

FOOD ITEM* PROTEIN CARBS FATS KCALS

#1 9 am
    2 eggs, 8whites 37p / 3 c / 14 f / 218
    1/2 cup oats 7 p / 40c / 5f / 225
    2 slices whole wheat bread 4 p/ 28c/ 2f / 160
    water

#2 11-11:30 am
    2 can of tuna 70p / 0c / 3 f / 300
    smoked turkey breast (GV) 22 p / 4 c / 4 f / 140
    14 ml Flax Oil 0 P / 0 c / 11f / 110
    water

#3 1:30-2:00 pm
    sirlion tips/8 oz sirlion and grilled chicken breast/small 74p / 0 c / 31 f / 456
    sweet potato 3 p / 48 c / 0.2 f / 206
    water

#4 3:30-4:00 pre-WO
    brown rice or sweet potato*3p / 48c / 0.2 f / 206
    2can tuna 65 p / 0 c / 1 f / 150
    water

#5 4:30 pre-WO shake
    Pro Rated Shake (mix only) 22 p / 4 c / 1.5 f / 120
    kraft S&Creamy lowfat yogurt 9 p/ 45c / 2 f / 232

WORKOUT 5:15-6:30

#6 6:30-7:00 pwo
    Pro Rated Shake 2 scoops(mix only 44 p / 8 c / 3 f / 240
    Dextrose (84g) 0 p / 81c / 0 f / 330 or
    or 1 cup sliced banana's 2 p / 34 c / 0 f / 133

#7 9:00-9:30 ppwo
    2 chicken Breast 72 p / 4 c / 0 f / 180
    long grain brown rice 5 p / 44 c / 2 f / 216
    water

#8 11:00-11:30 pppwo before bed
    1 cup cottage cheese 26 p / 9 c / 3 f / 170
    Flax Oil 0 p / 0 c / 11* f / 110
    water

Somewhere along the lines of PROTEIN- 520g, CARBS- 360g, and FATS 93g, Total Calories- 4600

Way too much protein and not enough carbs for a bulk IMO. Many things need to be considered when making a diet. Your body type, metabolism, goals, training style etc.. I can't recommend much without knowing anything about you. When I bulk I take in 3-400g's Protein and in the range of 500-700 carbs, 80-120g unsat fats.

Read up in the diet forum, you must understand how the macros work and what they are worth calorie-wise before you can go any further. Research the basics and figure out why a certain amount of Pro, carbs, etc are recommended and why.
    Ex.
    1g Protein = 4calories
    1g Carbs = 3.75 calories
    1g fat = 9 calories
    1g alcohol sugar = 7 calories
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 03-09-2006 at 10:39 AM.

Way too much protein and not enough carbs for a bulk IMO. Many things need to be considered when making a diet. Your body type, metabolism, goals, training style etc.. I can't recommend much without knowing anything about you. When I bulk I take in 3-400g's Protein and in the range of 500-700 carbs, 80-120g unsat fats.

Read up in the diet forum, you must understand how the macros work and what they are worth calorie-wise before you can go any further. Research the basics and figure out why a certain amount of Pro, carbs, etc are recommended and why.
    Ex.
    1g Protein = 4calories
    1g Carbs = 3.75 calories
    1g fat = 9 calories
    1g alcohol sugar = 7 calories
    I have a fast metabolism, meaning no matter how much I eat i put weight on very slow and not enough. but of course that has a big part to do with what you eat thats why im planing a meal schedule for bulking. My goal is to put on 15lbs in 4 months. im 170lbs i want to get to 185lbs. I'm all natural. I have never done a cycle before maybe in the future I will but I'm too young right now. My training style well i train with heavy weights but lower reps to put mass on and increase strength. I work out every other day.

can you just please use one of these samples of meal plans i provided you and perhaps change a couple things around for me to make it higher carbs and lower protein and around 4000 or 4500 cals. i would really appreciate it. Then atleast it will give me a base to work with.

subtract meat, add oats

Hows this guys? Special thank to Chest6. He planned this for me I think this should do it. And then I'll work my way up from here. Atleast it should be a good enough base. More carbs,less protein.

MEAL PLAN SCHEDULE (4150 CALORIES estimate)

(Oatmeal is Quaker oats, not preflavored oatmeal that has ridiculous amounts of sugar per package)
    (Mayo and cottage cheese are normal, not reduced fat)

1(8:30AM): 10 egg whites, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

2(10:30AM) 1 chicken breast, 2 sweet potatoes

3 (12:30PM) 1 small can of tuna with mayo

4 (2:30PM) 8 egg whites, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

5 (4:30PM) 40g whey, 1 cup oatmeal

(5:15PM)TRAIN

6(630PM) 50g whey 100g dextrose

7(730PM) 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup brown rice

8(10PM) 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoon flax oil

This is 4150 calories right now.

(A rough Estimate)
    Carbs: 470g
    Protein: 380g
    Fat: 65-75g (you could increase this now that I look it) Mainly with EFAs (fish, flax oil, fish oil caps, natural PB)

Much better, and plenty of room to add calories if you choose to.

Much better, and plenty of room to add calories if you choose to.

exactly, I'll use this as a good solid base to start from then if it works out then fine but if not then I will continue to up to calories by 500 a week. adding more cabrs too.

so what you other guys think???? this meal schedule plan is good enough for a guy of my stats and goals ?????

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    man i love learning everytime i log on! this site is flippin sweet!

OK guys..........so I signed up on calorie king nutrition and exercise website. Listed my daily calories got info such as # of carbs, fat, protein I am consuming according to my old meal plan that I had posted.( if you scroll up youll see)

STATS:
    Height: 178 cm 5'10
    Weight:170 lbs 77kg

GOAL: To increase strength, gain muscle mass, gain 16 lbs in 4 months natural. (4 lbs a month)

basically took that meal plan and edited it. I did this my increasing the # of carbs, fat...and decreasing the # of protein.

so here it is guys.... tell me what you think ? any feedback would be great. hate it ? love it?
    i edited it because my goal is to gain weight and most people continue to tell me to up the carbs and fat a lil bit more and reduce the protein cuz 370g of protein was more then enough for me. and my old # of carbs was 470g.

ANYWAYS HERE IT IS.......

(Oatmeal is Quaker oats, not preflavored oatmeal that has ridiculous amounts of sugar per package)

1(02:30PM): 1 cup of brown rice, 1 1/2cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoon flax oil

2(04:30PM) 1 chicken breast, 2 sweet potatoes

3 (06:30PM) 1 cup of brown rice, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

4 (08:30PM) 2 tablespoon flax oil, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

5 (09:30PM) 40g whey, 1 cup oatmeal

(10:15PM) TRAIN

6(11:30PM) PWO 50g whey 100g dextrose

7(12:30AM) PPWO - 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup brown rice
    -1 hour following PWO (notice the times..but again this is just letting you know timing between meals and not the exact time since you have a different schedule.

8(3:00AM) 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoon flax oil

This is 4604 calories right now.
    (Subtract 458 calories burned from gym/work out)
    = 4146 Calories

(A rough Estimate)

Carbs: 645g
    Protein: 247g
    Fat: 126g
    Fat: (you could increase this now that I look it) Mainly with EFAs (fish, flax oil, fish oil caps, natural PB)
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 03-24-2006 at 05:17 PM.

That's what I'm talkin about. Get ready to grow!

im confusedd now lol

That's what I'm talkin about. Get ready to grow!
    okay help me out here bro I'm confused. I also thought this new meal plan (the latest one I have posted was a big help and improvment for me to grow as you state)
    But I've heard a couple negative things about it such as..............

I need to have either a protein/carb or a protein/ fat meal.?

I have carb only meals and carb/fat meals (which is what you want to avoid)

I was told If more carbs is your target, (which it is) then I can do so by adding more carbs to the protein meals, not by taking the protein away and adding carbs.
    But if I do this then I'm gonna have even more calories then what I have now

I was told that basically I need protein to utilize fat and carbs effectively.
    I was also told that the original meal plan which I will post above is a much better idea.

Okay guys let me know which meal plan you think is a better idea for me and why.???? keep in mind, of my stats and goals as well.

MEAL PLAN #1

Romeo 01 Schedule: 12am-8am
    Sleep from: 9am-4pm

1(4:30PM): 10 egg whites, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

2(07:30PM) 1 chicken breast, 2 sweet potatoes

3 (09:30PM) 1 cup of brown rice, 12 eggwhites

4 (11:30PM) 8 egg whites, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

5 (01:30AM) 40g whey, 1 cup oatmeal

(2:15AM)TRAIN

6(3:30AM) PWO 50g whey 100g dextrose

7(4:30AM) PPWO 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup brown rice
    -1 hour following PWO (notice the times..but again this is just letting you know timing between meals and not the exact time since you have a different schedule.

8(7:00AM) 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoon flax oil

This is 4155 calories right now.

(A rough Estimate)
    Carbs: 500g
    Protein: 370g
    Fat: 65-75g
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 03-24-2006 at 05:38 PM.

MEAL PLAN #2
    MEAL PLAN SCHEDULE (4146 CALORIES estimate)

Charlie 02 Schedule: 5pm-12am
    Sleep from: 3am-12pm

1(02:30PM): 1 cup of brown rice, 1 1/2cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoon flax oil

2(04:30PM) 1 chicken breast, 2 sweet potatoes

3 (06:30PM) 1 cup of brown rice, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

4 (08:30PM) 2 tablespoon flax oil, 1 1/2cup oatmeal

5 (09:30PM) 40g whey, 1 cup oatmeal

(10:15PM) TRAIN

6(11:30PM) PWO 50g whey 100g dextrose

7(12:30AM) PPWO - 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup brown rice

8(3:00AM) 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoon flax oil

This is 4604 calories right now.
    (Subtract 458 calories burned from gym/work out)
    = 4146 Calories

(An Estimate)

Carbs: 645g
    Protein: 247g
    Fat: 126g
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 03-24-2006 at 05:36 PM.

By the way guys, dont mind the hrs as they are set due to the fact I work night shifts.

Meal one looks good, I'd add some fat in the morning sometime rather than taking it all in one meal. I deff like this mealplan better than #2 for more lean mass.

Meal two will probably give you more size but not quite as clean of weightgain. So you'll put on weight quicker IMO but not quite as clean.

So it's really your decision, honestly I'd try one for 8wks and see how it goes and then switch to the other for 8wks and see how your body reacts to each. One may work good for you and may not do so well for me. Trial and error.

Meal one looks good, I'd add some fat in the morning sometime rather than taking it all in one meal. I deff like this mealplan better than #2 for more lean mass.

Meal two will probably give you more size but not quite as clean of weightgain. So you'll put on weight quicker IMO but not quite as clean.

So it's really your decision, honestly I'd try one for 8wks and see how it goes and then switch to the other for 8wks and see how your body reacts to each. One may work good for you and may not do so well for me. Trial and error.

Nice. To be honest I'm more of a meal 1 fan beacuse i want good solid gains with a clean weight gain.
    To what meal plan would you add the fat? I want to add more fal oil perhaps 2 tbsp ? so how much fal oil and to what meal plans would you add them to to what # of meal out of the 8 I have listed below?

By the way congrats on the AR VET you deserved it,]. You know your shit playboi

chest6 is offline Banned
    Meal 4 you could replace with:
    Tuna/Mayo 1 tbspoon flax

Meal plan #1.

Really you could add flax during meals 1-4 without too many problems. Deff not meal 5 because of the workout schedule and not without a few hours after training. I prefer to take my fats in primarily in the morning and before bed when bulking. You're almost forced to take them in with Carbs because you must get the calories up and a protein/fat meal alone will mess with your overall calories for the day while bulking. It's much easier to fit these in during a very clean bulk/maintainance/or cutting diet.
    I'd put it in first thing in the morning and right before bed.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Edited #1 Meal Plan

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Meal 4 you could replace with:
    Tuna/Mayo 1 tbspoon flax
    okay I went ahead and did that, I also did a re calories count and the total calories didnt come up as I thought a lil lower then the original post. so then I added some flax oil as IBdmfkr mentioned and it looked a little better.

anyways here it goes guys, I went ahead and changed meal 4 to 1 Can of Tuna, 2 table spoon of Mayo(regular), 2 table spoon flax oil.

I just added 1 table spoon of flax oil to meal 1, 2, 3 and 2 table spoon of flax oil to meal 4.

anyywhoooo here it is.............(once again dont mind the hours)

MEAL PLAN SCHEDULE (4275 CALORIES estimate)

1(4:30PM): 10 egg whites, 1 1/2cup oatmeal, 1 table spoon of flax oil

2(07:30PM) 1 chicken breast, 2 sweet potatoes, 1 table spoon of flax oil

3 (09:30PM) 1 cup of brown rice, 12 eggwhites, 1 table spoon of flax oil

4 (11:30PM) 1 Can of Tuna, 2 table spoon of Mayo(regular), 2 table spoon of flax oil

(2:15AM)TRAIN

6(3:30AM) PWO 50g whey 100g dextrose

7(4:30AM) PPWO 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup brown rice

8(7:00AM) 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoon flax oil

Total Calories: 4275 calories right now.

(Subtract 458 calories burned from 1 hour of workout)

= 3817 Calories

(A rough Estimate)
    Carbs: 450g
    Protein: 332g
    Fat: 137g
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 03-26-2006 at 01:19 AM.

Meal plan #1.

Really you could add flax during meals 1-4 without too many problems. Deff not meal 5 because of the workout schedule and not without a few hours after training. I prefer to take my fats in primarily in the morning and before bed when bulking. You're almost forced to take them in with Carbs because you must get the calories up and a protein/fat meal alone will mess with your overall calories for the day while bulking. It's much easier to fit these in during a very clean bulk/maintainance/or cutting diet.
    I'd put it in first thing in the morning and right before bed.

Took your advice big guy, thanx alot. It really helped. I really dont mind the little extra fat to up the calories then burn it off after I reach my goal.

hows does this looks now?

thanx alot Chest6 who answered somany of my questions and helped me out with alot of editing int he meal plan/work out routine.(your the best bro)

and thanx IBdmfkr's thanx for all your help and support.
    You 2 are the brain of these threads

thanx alot Chest6 who answered so many of my questions and helped me out with alot of editing in the meal plan/work out routine.(your the best bro)

and thanx IBdmfkr's thanx for all your help and support.

You 2 are the brain of these threads.
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 03-26-2006 at 01:37 AM.

lol naw we're just always here. I wouldn't add flax to each meal I'd put a couple tbsn in the morning with one meal and at night, otherwise try and get some unsat fats from almonds/walnuts etc.. Not all from Flax. Fish oil is good as well. I'd put most of the fat in meal 1, and a bit in meal 4 and a bulk of it before Bed.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

lol naw we're just always here. I wouldn't add flax to each meal I'd put a couple tbsn in the morning with one meal and at night, otherwise try and get some unsat fats from almonds/walnuts etc.. Not all from Flax. Fish oil is good as well. I'd put most of the fat in meal 1, and a bit in meal 4 and a bulk of it before Bed.

but didnt you say I can add flax oil in meals 1-4 and it wouldnt matter?

okay so ill put 2 table spoons of flax oil in meal 1, 4 and 8 and take away flax oil from meal 2 and 3. sound better?????? (member now I work night shifts and I dont have no such things as morning due to the fact that I'm sleeping lol)

where should I add the almonds and walnuts in my meal plan and how much should I be consuming ? and when is the proper time of eating it? and what brand name anything in particular?

My mistake I should've been more clear, I meant you could add it in any "one" of those meals without any problems, not all of them. Fat's slow the absorbtion of your macros, you don't want to have 20g's of unsat fat with everymeal.
    I'd put in 1tbsn Flax with meal 1, handful of Almonds/peanuts/walnuts etc with meal 4, and 2tbsn Flax with meal 8 before bed. Shoot for 80-120grams of unsat fat/day. I'd start low and work your way up to see how your body is handling and responding to this. I can personally get away with over 100g's of fat/day but you may not. Trial and error. These diets made are very broad and for everyone to try and then bend to their satisfaction.

With meal 1,4,8 listed that is already about 50g/day of unsat fats, you will get the other 20-30 from your meals so no need to overdue it.
    If you need more calories still then up your complex carbs a bit/meal and/or Protein.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

My mistake I should've been more clear, I meant you could add it in any "one" of those meals without any problems, not all of them. Fat's slow the absorbtion of your macros, you don't want to have 20g's of unsat fat with everymeal.
    I'd put in 1tbsn Flax with meal 1, handful of Almonds/peanuts/walnuts etc with meal 4, and 2tbsn Flax with meal 8 before bed. Shoot for 80-120grams of unsat fat/day. I'd start low and work your way up to see how your body is handling and responding to this. I can personally get away with over 100g's of fat/day but you may not. Trial and error. These diets made are very broad and for everyone to try and then bend to their satisfaction.

With meal 1,4,8 listed that is already about 50g/day of unsat fats, you will get the other 20-30 from your meals so no need to overdue it.
    If you need more calories still then up your complex carbs a bit/meal and/or Protein.
    when you say hand ful of almonds/peanuts/walnuts? do you mean a hanfull of all 3 of those products added together to equal 1 handfull?
    or do you mean 1 hand full of each product that will equal to be 3 handfulls all together?

also anything else i can add here now? or no im good for now?

ur killin me. j/k Naw anyone of the three is fine. I prefer peanuts(unsalted), others like almonds or walnuts or pecans. Any of them is fine, a handful is about equal to 1tbsn of flax. By a handful I mean you can grab them in your fist and now see the nuts coming out, not openhanded with a handful of nuts, just to clarify Really though it won't make a difference, you're making it a bit more complicated then it needs to be. Stick to a diet similar to what you posted for 6wks and see how it works, then make changes and then see what happens. Eventually you'll know how your body responds to different approaches and then you'll become a beast.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

ur killin me. j/k Naw anyone of the three is fine. I prefer peanuts(unsalted), others like almonds or walnuts or pecans. Any of them is fine, a handful is about equal to 1tbsn of flax. By a handful I mean you can grab them in your fist and now see the nuts coming out, not openhanded with a handful of nuts, just to clarify Really though it won't make a difference, you're making it a bit more complicated then it needs to be. Stick to a diet similar to what you posted for 6wks and see how it works, then make changes and then see what happens. Eventually you'll know how your body responds to different approaches and then you'll become a beast.
    ok thanx for the peanut tip. your right. I'm just going to give this diet a shot and see hwo things go and then I'll re post on this thread or make a new one and update evryone thanx man. I'm just being to paranoid eh lol. thattts meee.

okay so after doing a re count and edit here is where I stand with this final edit of the diet I hope lol......

MEAL PLAN SCHEDULE (3964 CALORIES estimate)

(Oatmeal is Quaker oats, not pre flavored oatmeal that has ridiculous amounts of sugar per package)

1 (4:30PM): 10 egg whites, 1 1/2cup oatmeal, 1 table spoon of flax oil

2 (07:30PM) 1 chicken breast, 2 sweet potatoes,

3 (09:30PM) 1 cup of brown rice, 12 egg whites,

4 (11:30PM) 1 Can of Tuna, 2 table spoon of Mayo (regular), 1 handful of Unsalted peanuts-dry roasted

(2:15AM) TRAIN

6 (3:30AM) PWO 50g whey 100g dextrose

7 (4:30AM) PPWO 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup brown rice
    -1 hour following PWO (notice the times but again this is just letting you know timing between meals and not the exact time since you have a different schedule.

8 (7:00AM) 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoon flax oil

Total Calories: 3964 calories right now.

(Subtract 458 calories burned from 1 hour of workout)

= 3506 Calories

(A rough Estimate)
    Carbs: 456g
    Protein: 340g
    Fat: 90g

I like it, now if you can do this consistantly then you're golden. Also remember you can swap out the meats/carbs to switch things up. Ex. Chicken for turkey/lean beef/steak/fish etc...
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information