KingMike is offline Associate Member

Afraid of carbohydrates

Been dieting for 7 weeks. Not one cheat meal and super clean every day. I have had 3 refeed days spread out with around 3400 calories or so of only oatmeal and maybe some dairy. I got very lean and have been gaining strength. Friends say I look good and I am getting some looks from the ladies. Here is the problem. I am only eating carbs pwo in my shake. My lifting buddies tell me that no matter how I feel or look that I should have a clean carb day, cheat day or something to shake things up atleast every 2 weeks. I am afraid to have one now becasue of the way I look and feel. I am not addicted to cabs anymore and I am also afraid that eating even oats will trigger that addiction. I am a former fata$! who once weighed 285 and now have hovered around 180 for 3 years. Any advice? I am currently 6' 185 lbs. with arond 14% fat. I used to cheated every Sunday with 4000 calories to lose my weight and I feel that to get to the next level that had to stop.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Happy to hear your program is working so well..

I would suggest some reading up on carbo-loading ... see why the body on a chemical level reacts the way it does when you deprive and stack carbs..

As far as a cheat day or meal ... I advocate a cheat meal once a week .. this will not hinder your progress.. It is important to have a life and enjoy it with friends and family.. this meal allows you to do so ...

It also is vital to stay on a program without feeling deprived.

Good Luck and stay lean

Kakashi...! is offline Junior Member
    I cheat every sunday ( 2 cheat meals ) and im 8% BF it will not hinder your gains plus i get carbs in my breakfast PWO and PPWO

Good luck :_P

ndmand4u is offline New Member
    like marky mark said, you can enjoy eating with your friends when you have a cheat meal. I always end up eating on the weekend with my friends at a bar or something. The cheat meal allows me to do this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    ndmand4u...is that you in your avatar? haha... if so...
    maybe next time you should have a spotter! haha

hahaa

Thread Information