Mogamedogz is offline Member

I tried... But I cant do it. I HATE TUNA!! (help?)

I just cant stand it. I try and I try and I try...but My body just rejects the stuff like as if it were some vile germ...

Egg whites (I love them)
    Peanut butter Love it
    Chicken...can eat it forever
    Almonds, Flax seed tablets, no problem
    Whole grain breads, multigrain pastas, sweet potatoes...love'em all.

But the Fish...I cant handle.

There has to be something cheap, convenient, and in-expensive that I can replace it with. Can Anyone help me out on this? I dont mind the canned chicken (15grams) per serving, but it is a little pricey when your downing 3 cans a day. Any ideas??

Thanks ahead of time.

I Buy egg-beaters at Costco, in bulk. I Straight up pour that Sh*t out of the carton man! Its really easy to get protein from that. I also like Promax bars (Cookies N' Cream is the best IMO) I have tried them all.

Good luck,

Somethings fishy

GP

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    Well try things like skim milk, 1 quart is 32g protein.

I dont like tuna, but i eat 3-4 cans a day when cutting. Best way is take half of it and put it in your mouth and wash down with crystal lite, then repeat with the rest. It hides the taste. Now i get creative.

fat free miracle whip, cayenne pepper, red pepper, chili powder, tuna. whole wheat bread. this helps.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    lean pork, soy protein powder.

or do the infamous tuna shake. I cant stand tuna either(unless I eat it with noodles. for some reason that tastes fantastic). So I just blend a can of tuna with some cola light and down it in 3 seconds. Never even have time to taste it. Try it!

It sounds awfull but it works. Just dont blend it to chunky

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I know how you feel about tuna! Most cannot even understand. I think I could eat about anything including dirt, just to prove a point or win a bet. But tuna goes beyond taste. It is like my body will not let me eat it, gag reflexes kick in, maybe our bodies know something we dont.

Mogamedogz is offline Member

Soy Protein??

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    lean pork, soy protein powder.

or do the infamous tuna shake. I cant stand tuna either(unless I eat it with noodles. for some reason that tastes fantastic). So I just blend a can of tuna with some cola light and down it in 3 seconds. Never even have time to taste it. Try it!

It sounds awfull but it works. Just dont blend it to chunky

Hey bro...I appreciate the response. However I read an article once (on another very respected website), which was written by a California nutritionist, that stated SOY protein is counter productive for Muscle building. Its like the Saturated Fats of proteins. I cant remember all of the specifics behind it, but I do remember the underlying point was to stay as far away from soy as possible, when attempting to pack on Muscle.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    its overblown bullshit imo. He might be refering to the estrogenic effects of soy that is more or less ignorable. The quality of soy protein is excelent. Its a bit lower than meat offcourse but it doesnt matter at all in the long run aslong as you dont rely on soy alone.
    He might also be refering to the substances in soy that reduce mineral absorption but there is plenty of those in just about all leguems and other veggies so its nothing to worry about.

I have been consuming lots and lots of soy the last 2 years and it hasnt hurt me one bit.
    Its a very good food. Packed with minerals, phytochemicals and fibers. It does wonders to cholesterol levels aswell. I seem to remember its anticancerogenic aswell.

However stay away from the geneticly manipulated soy.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Tuna makes me sick too. I hate fish all together. I just shell out more money for chiucken

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    soilet green? Honestly .... i ate nothing but tuna for a year once... no condiments , nothing...and i hate it now... won't touch it. Try cooking your own chicken instead of buying canned....it turns out a little cheaper that way.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    There are other proteins other than tuna ... right ? I am almost certain ...

Let me brush up on some reading ... be back later..
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 03-19-2006 at 11:14 AM.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    I just cant stand it. I try and I try and I try...
    Thanks ahead of time.
    Do or do not, there is no try !

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Canned Chicken bro

gtxben is offline Junior Member
    Go to Walmart or Sam's Club and get the Sam's Choice canned chicken. It's cheap and easy compared to having to cook a chicken breast up. In the bigger can's you can easily get 60 grams of protein if I'm not mistaken. Mix in a smidge of bbq, fat free miracle whip or just eat it plain.

I hate tuna as well, but I found a way to eat it. Fry it with olive oil till its not mush, and eat on toasted bread with mayo and my special ingredient: roasted pepper humus.

My girlfriends humus was one of the only things left in the fridge and I just went for it. Mayo on one piece of bread, humus on other piece, and a little Jalepeno seasoning in the tuna. Tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everyones invited. Or at least hides tuna taste.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    tuna and salsa

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    there is flavored tuna

Pretty Basic but taste pretty good
    Lemon Pepper Tuna: Lemon juice and fresh ground pepper or sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning

Balsamic Tuna: Balsamic vinegar and fresh ground pepper

Mustard Dill Tuna: Dill, 1 tbsp mustard, and chopped celery

Honey Mustard Tuna: 1-2 tbsp Honey Mustard
    T
    una Fried Rice Sauté cooked brown rice, chopped green or yellow onions, and egg whites in pan sprayed with butter flavor non-stick spray. Mix in tuna and serve.

Tuna Stuffed Tomato Mix 1 tbsp non-fat mayo, pepper and tuna and stuff inside a tomato. Top tomato with a slice of mozzarella cheese and bake in toaster oven until cheese melts.

Old El Paso Tuna: 1 heaping tbsp spoon Salsa or 1 tbsp chopped green chiles.
    T
    una Italiano: 1 tbsp Italian dressing or olive oil vinaigrette, fresh ground pepper

Tuna Balsamico 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar, a few dashes oregano, ground pepper to taste

Tuna Piccata: 1 tsp capers, lemon juice, ½ tsp parsley, fresh ground pepper

All American Tuna: 1 tbsp fat-free mayo, 1 chopped pickle, ½ stalk chopped celery or onion

Texas Tuna: 1 tbsp BBQ sauce

Tuna Melt: 1 tbsp fat-free mayo, 1 oz cheese melted on top

Tuna Parmesan: Mix in1 tbsp catsup, tomato sauce, or spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs or a crushed cracker, top with 1 oz. low-fat mozzarella cheese. Cook in microwave or toaster oven until cheese melts.

No-Time Tuna: 1 Fork, 1 glass of water

strangely tuna is my favorite thing too eat. infact im making a big tuna steak now.

Quote Originally Posted by donniebrasco
    strangely tuna is my favorite thing too eat. infact im making a big tuna steak now.

me too i love the stuff

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    my wife is finally starting to eat tuna....when i met her she wouldn't dream of it...had some kind of trauma with it b4....but i got albacore white tuna and mixed it up with a little mayo, pickle relish, salt/pep (the usual) and said "hey honey, want a chicken sandwich" since then she's been more open to trying the other types that i consume but i think that would be a good way to get over a tuna phobia as imo the albacore (expensive shiat) tuna is less fishy smelling/tasting.....but i love all tuna...just had a can with a tiny tiny trace of mayo pickel relish and salt and pepper....yum!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    i hate it as well but still eat it. What i do is open the can then put the led back on at an angle and run water through the can for a few mins which helps kill that fishy taste. Then i just pile it in while i drink water and its gone in no time.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    anyone say Tofu????

they hace canned chicken..

or i will add tomato sauce to my chicken breast.. that's the best..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

easiest way to eat the stuff is to mix it w/ grits. I'll usually make 4 packets of quaker instant grits and stir in 2 cans of tuna, it totally nulls the taste of the tuna, you taste it a little, but it's not bad at all. Especially if you mix it w/ some flavored grits, I can straight up pound that shit w/ grits!!

Thread Information