melt is offline New Member

Cutting in college need help.

I am about 5'7 and i weigh about 165. BF% i havent checked in awhile but i just say i dont like my body. I was wondering if anyone could give me some help on a cutting diet in college. Its hard for me took cook anything because i dont have a oven or anything like that all i got is a microwave. Heres what i was thinking of trying to do for my diet. I been working out sence i was 16 but never ever had a diet. I know it prob looks like crap i need alot of help. So if anyone can help out i would really appreciate it.

9am cardio for an hour.

Meal 1: 10:30am
    -1/2 cup of oatmeal with water
    -Whey powder (1 scoop)

Meal 2: 1pm
    -1 cup of whey protein
    -salad with healthy dressing
    -1 dextrose

Meal 3: 4pm
    -Grilled chicken
    -tuna

Meal 4: 7pm
    -tuna
    -Flax oil
    -Cottage cheese

Meal 5: 10-11pm
    -Brown Rice (if i can cook it)
    -1/2 cup oatmeal

The only prob i have it my classes. They take alot of time and i cant eat during them. Heres what they look like maybe somebody can help me work around them.

Mon- 2:30-4:30 classes
    Tues- 9am-12 and then 12:30-1:30 classes
    Weds- 11:30-4:30 straight i might have like 30 mins to eat
    Thurs- 9am-12 classes
    Fri- 2:30-4:30 classes

So if someone could please help me out i really need it.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Why are you cutting at 165lbs...?

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I'd always plan and down my meals in between classes. Check out the cutting sticky for basic guidlines on cutting. At 165lbs, a lean bulk might be right around the corner. I doubt you have much bf to lose at that weight.

because my body looks liek crap. I would guess i am about 18% bf in the summer i was down to 14% but i know i have put on alot of weight. Do you think i should be doing something different? I have a gut i was thinking maybe getting down to 10-11% then maybe starting a small cycle during the summer or next year. I dunno i just dont like my body. Like i said i never really had a diet so i dunno if i should be cutting or bulking. I'll take a picture and so you how i look but i dunno if i have the balls to do it.

165lbs with 18% bf means you have a lean body mass of around 135lbs. You need to put on some muscle mass. If you do a lean bulk, you'll put on quality muscle and burn some fat if your diet and training routine is on point.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    165lbs with 18% bf means you have a lean body mass of around 135lbs. You need to put on some muscle mass. If you do a lean bulk, you'll put on quality muscle and burn some fat if your diet and training routine is on point.

1buffsob
    I agree

and there isnt an excuse to not eat in class...I do it just for attention...

Everyone is like whats that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is that how you got so secksi??????????????????

I always ate in classes that were big enough the professor wouldn't notice, but if the classes were too small, I ate inbetween classes. Speed walking from one building to the next with a chicken breast in one hand and a yam in the other. People always gave me one of these looks.

And that's why I'm so 'secksi'.

1buffsob

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=39010

this is what you need dude...cause to be honest your current diet is quite off...now you should do a lean bulk IMO

100% agree with NewKid. No point in cutting down to find you have no base. Very disappointing in fact. Trust me, I know. Lean bulk buddy.

1buffsob

dude thanks for all the help. You have no idea how much you helped me. I will look into a lean diet. Theres only one class i cant eat in is my english beacuse we use computers to type our essays on. So i think i should be alright in all my other classes. Thanks again for the help.

Ok i will base my diet off this.
    7:45 250 ml of egg whites
    2 small tortillas, mushrooms, fat free cheese & salsa
    1 English muffin with no sugar added jam & peanut butter
    15 gm of whey protein
    25 gm of oatmeal

10:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

12:45 8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
    3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham
    1 banana
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 yogurt

3:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

5:15 120 gm of steak
    20 gm of whey protein
    Mustard
    50 gm of carrots
    5 ml of flax seed oil

1 HOUR TRAINING START 6:00PM to 7:00PM

7:15 60 gm of whey
    5 rice cakes (caramel flavored)
    1 apple
    2.5 ml of flaxseed oil

9:30 125 gm of cottage cheese
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 no sugar added fat free yogurt

TOTAL CARBS: 300 GM – 1200 calories
    TOTAL PROTEIN 320 GM – 1280 calories
    APPROX TOTAL FAT: 63 GM – 567 calories
    TOTAL CALORIES: 3047 calories per day

But heres my problem i cant get eggs. because i have no stove to cook them on. is there an alternative to eggs. like a pill that gets me the same nutrition. What i was also thinking would be use to eat the egg whites raw and just seperate them from the yolk. and and about the steak is there anyting else i can replace it with?

oops double posted computer lagged up.

Only consume pasteurized egg whites, never raw. It's the stuff that comes in a milk looking carton but can get a bit pricey. Any decent protein source will work if you don't have access to eggs/beef/etc.

eggs in the microwave taste the same as on the stove...personally I hate them either way...but I am perfectly okay with tuna now...put your olive oil in and goes down smooth

alright i'll try cooking my eggs in the microwave. how would i go about getting ride of the yolk and just get the whites. i have never tried it before all i have really ever done is cooking scrambled eggs. so could i replace the steak with more eggs i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by melt
    alright i'll try cooking my eggs in the microwave. how would i go about getting ride of the yolk and just get the whites. i have never tried it before all i have really ever done is cooking scrambled eggs. so could i replace the steak with more eggs i guess?
    yeah you can replace the steak with whites...Im in college and very poor...I never eat steak As far as seperating the yolks all I can say is: practice practice practice...when you break the egg just move from one half shell to the other till the white is in the bowl and the yolk is still in the shell you see? it can be hard though...

Tuna is a college students best friend

1buffsob

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i live off tuna in college. you'll learn to love those glad containers with the lids, they're cheap as hell and you can put anything in them. like NewKid said. eat in class, if anyone says anything kindly tell them to don't let ignorant people stop you from obtaining your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    i live off tuna in college. you'll learn to love those glad containers with the lids, they're cheap as hell and you can put anything in them. like NewKid said. eat in class, if anyone says anything kindly tell them to don't let ignorant people stop you from obtaining your goals.
    Once you get big enough, no one will say shit.

1buffsob

so true, so true... not quite there yet though

alright i'll do that and hope fully i can start looking good. thanks again for all the quick responeses. Maybe one day i can achieve my goal with the help from yall.

One more question i was reading and this diet is for a 200 lb man. do i need to adjust anything for me sence i am only 165-170 max. do i need to eat more or less. i plan to do an hour of cardio ever day and do the regular chest/tri,back/bi.shoulder/leg work outs. just wondering if i need to add more or take less away from my diet.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Only consume pasteurized egg whites, never raw. It's the stuff that comes in a milk looking carton but can get a bit pricey. Any decent protein source will work if you don't have access to eggs/beef/etc.
    do you say never raw because of bacteria? i'm just curious...

One more question i was reading and this diet is for a 200 lb man. do i need to adjust anything for me sence i am only 165-170 max. do i need to eat more or less. i plan to do an hour of cardio ever day and do the regular chest/tri,back/bi.shoulder/leg work outs. just wondering if i need to add more or take less away from my diet.
    honestly i think you should be ok as long as your training intensity is high. kick ass in the gym and follow the diet and for heavens sake REST!!! if you aren't seeing strength results or muscles showing up...then alter it and ask more questions. good luck on this man we're all here for you.

Cool. Will start my diet monday because thats when i get back to college and hopefully if i stick to it i can achieve my goals. I will try and take some before pics and after but it might be after the summer before i can see any results.

With the rest thing how many hours should i sleep. With me being in college its hard to sleep at a decent time. I try and go to sleep about midnight but it usually ends up about 1 some times 2 in the morning. I really want to get about 7-8 hours of sleep but some times its really hard to get.

With the rest thing how many hours should i sleep. With me being in college its hard to sleep at a decent time. I try and go to sleep about midnight but it usually ends up about 1 some times 2 in the morning. I really want to get about 7-8 hours of sleep but some times its really hard to get.
    7-8 hours a night AT LEAST. rest up bro as much as you can...

maybe aim for 9-10 hours of sleep whenever possible...

Cause of all the loud dorm kids? I know how that is

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    do you say never raw because of bacteria? i'm just curious...
    Bacteria is a concern, yes. But the main reason is our bodies can't absorb unpasterurized eggs raw. They either need to be cooked or pasterurized.

1buffsob

Yeah living in the dorms is fun but i cant ever get anything done. Theres always something going on. Parties,girls, and most of all drunk people.

if you hate microwaved eggs you could just eat them hardboiled style. i've seen people use this and it works. would be perfect for a dorm situation

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...30660804902498

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    thats cool, the egg toaster

wow i am gonna have to buy that. never thought they made anything like that before. now i can eat eggs that taste half way good.

just got another question. after i am done eating a meal is it right to fell really really full. like after i ate my breakfeast meal my stomach fells like it has expanded. did i eat to much or what? i dunno i just fell like i ate a huge steak.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    If you're doing a true lean bulk, (I agree with the rest, that with your stats a lean bulk would prob. be the best way to go)

then yes, you will feel full as fvck all the time. I almost puked daily while bulking. However, your body adapts pretty quick and it becomes not as bad, although you should still feel full and NEVER EVER hungry (during a bulk).

ya your going to feel really bloated and uncomfortable most of the time...enjoy

I still feel hungry durring a bulk and have to limit myself or get really fat. But, I'm gaining weight cutting at 2300 cals, so I'm not exactly a good example of a typical bb.

1buffsob

you're going to feel full for a while but you will get used to it, that is where teh diet written or printed out is key for me, because i will want to be fuller...hince try and eat more...so stick with the diet you will adapt...

Thread Information