BLAZE K is offline Associate Member

what kind of pwo's do you eat ?

is wholewheat bread a bad choice?

also with veggies i tend to get lazy and just buy the frozen ones you can boil... any downside on those?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I wouldnt say bread is bad choice PWO...but there are better ones within low GI...like oats/brown rice/whole wheat pasta etc...

I think frozen veggies are fine...most dont even eat them at all

chest6 is offline Banned
    are we talking pwo or ppwo here? I use a shake PWO and whole food ppwo

Do you honestly want to know what I ate the past 3 nights in a row for PWO meal? Honest to God, 6 Krispie Kreme doughnuts w/ 3 scoops of whey. And I'm strong as **** lately

when cutting is using a lower carbed shake like Optimum 100% Whey Protein which only has about 3grams of carbs better? or should i also put some oats from oatmeal in the shake aswell even with a pwo meal with carbs on the way?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAZE K
    when cutting is using a lower carbed shake like Optimum 100% Whey Protein which only has about 3grams of carbs better? or should i also put some oats from oatmeal in the shake aswell even with a pwo meal with carbs on the way?
    I dont know what your goals are and stats...but as a quick answer: yes thats what I do

Here is what I do when I cut, I'll take 3 scoops of whey and mix it w/ half a scoop of dextrose eod. I dont include sugar w/ my PWO meal every day when I cut.

with dextrose in shakes how are you guys putting it in buy the scoops? i thought a teaspoon of that stuff was alot

Venum is offline Member
    how do u drink oatmeal in a shake? it sounds rough!!!

with dextrose in shakes how are you guys putting it in buy the scoops? i thought a teaspoon of that stuff was alot

Hell no, a teaspoon? Dude, one protien sized scoop of dextrose is 80 grams, when I'm bulking up I'll use a full scoop, when I'm cutting I'll only use half of it, then as I get more cut or closer to my show I ditch it altogether and go to a banana instead, and then as the show gets within 4 wks away, I dont even do shakes anymore or fruit, almost no sugar

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    It hard hard I do it all the time..Just put 40g whey in..1cup of dry oats...some water.

how much dextrose is really needed in a pwo shake while cutting usually?

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i do it too, doesn't go down real smoothe, but neither does half the shit i eat so i don't really care. i think we've all learned to adjust our tastebuds atleast somewhat.

also im still in highschool so i dont really have time for a meal between my first meal at home which is at about at 8AM where i have 4 eggwhites half cut oatmeal with sugarfree jam and my 2nd meal which would be at 1230PM where i have a grilled chicken salad... what could i be eating between those times that i can pack before school and i can eat in about 5 minutes? would a PBandJ with sugarfree jam and wholewheat be a bad choice cause of the carbs?

chicken breast, tuna.. anything really. i always mix a shitload of tuna/mayo before the week and keep it in a glad container. trust me, you can eat anything in 5 minutes if you want to.

do you use the reduced mayo dressing? cuz when i mix that with tuna my tuna taste horrible so i havent been eating tuna much period and also chicken breast do you guys grill it yourself or buy it grilled? cuz when i grill it on my ghetto griller at home it comes out soo dry and tastes horrible and for some reason comes out with a wierd smell

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    chicken breast, tuna.. anything really. i always mix a shitload of tuna/mayo before the week and keep it in a glad container. trust me, you can eat anything in 5 minutes if you want to.
    ha. yah, I do the same thing. usually sunday nights (like tonight) I make tuna, grilled chkn, a couple steaks, a crap load of br rice, etc for the next few days

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    do you use the reduced mayo dressing? cuz when i mix that with tuna my tuna taste horrible so i havent been eating tuna much period and also chicken breast do you guys grill it yourself or buy it grilled? cuz when i grill it on my ghetto griller at home it comes out soo dry and tastes horrible and for some reason comes out with a wierd smell
    get a foreman grill for the chkn. I used reduced fat dressing in my tuna. But it doesn't really matter to me, b/c i eat tuna plain sometimes too.

i use full fat mayo with tuna... i use it as a pro/fat meal

indoor grill with the chicken as well, and yeah it dries the fvck out of it, but dry or not dry you're still getting the protein out of it. suck it up, eat your tuna and chicken, you'll learn to love it... well maybe not LOVE...

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    Blend the oats up as much as possible. I can't even tell when they are in my shake.

Venum is offline Member
    a protein scooper is 80 grams? i heard people saying 1/2 cup is 80 grams a protein scooper seems smaller....is 80 grams ok when u are trying to lean up for pwo?

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    the rule of thumb most use is 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein for post workout

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FromFleshtoSteel
    the rule of thumb most use is 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein for post workout
    I usually dont follow that when cutting.
    When I am cutting i put Cell Tech in my shakes, helps keep me strong and makes my shake about 1 : 1 ration of Whey : Dextrose.
    Damnit, I let out my secret...

Thread Information