Venum is offline Member

Cramming meals at night...

How late is too late for carbs? Some days like today I was busy and couldn't get in my all regular scheduled meals, and only managed one pro/carb meal..in about 4 hours I am going to sleep, can I have some oats since they are clean carbs? I can't go to bed knowing I only had like 30 carbs all day..I had alot of veggies, but not real carbs. Or should my last 2 meals just be pro/efa's....confused! ! !

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    this has been debated so many times on here. from what i can understand your last meal could typically be anything. I think Giants argued something about there's nothing that shows carbs late at night promote fat. I could be totally off, I am a lot. Try a search for meals before bed or something along those lines, that's the thread i'm referring to.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    personally, I've found that even when bulking, eating carbs close to bed really effects my bf.

but I know what you mean about craming meals. I was going thro the same shlt w/ my last job.

Venum is offline Member
    so is 2 hours before bed too soon for carbs?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    what kind of carbs? how much? do you do am cardio?

also, gotta see what works for you, some people can get away with it (my brother will eat a crap load of carbs b4 bed and still be shredded...not me tho

Venum is offline Member
    screw it i ate some..1/2 cup dry oats with my grilled chicken..i usually never eat carbs within a few hours of bed but it wont kill me tonight

Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    this has been debated so many times on here. from what i can understand your last meal could typically be anything. I think Giants argued something about there's nothing that shows carbs late at night promote fat. I could be totally off, I am a lot. Try a search for meals before bed or something along those lines, that's the thread i'm referring to.
    i think i read what youre talkin about, i think he said its all based on your goals and body type. thats what i remember, i may be wrong.

IMO everything is dependent on your goals, body type, and sensitivity to insulin . you cant just say "how late can i eat carbs?" and expect a straight answer.

Thread Information