Thread: Is fruit bad?

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

Is fruit bad?

I have allways heard fruit has alot of sugar, is this bad when trying to loose bf.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yes and no

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i love raspberies and blueberries. they have a lot of great qualities, but if your goal is to lose bf then the sugar could be a setback. try it for a few weeks and see how the fatloss continues. if you think you could be losing more without the fruit then drop it.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    no fruit for me while cutting. love it but im a lil carb sensitive.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Searching this forum often produces great results.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

dannyboy18 is offline New Member
    I've always found that when trying to drop bf some fruits are good and some will set you back. Bananna's have way too much sugar in them and should be avoided. All kinds of berries are lower in natural sugars and won't hurt you nearly as bad as others will. They help when you get that sweet tooth.

But heres my question. IN my postworkout shake isnt dextrose sugar anyway. So would doing 1 scoop of dex and one banana with my protein be bad?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    But heres my question. IN my postworkout shake isnt dextrose sugar anyway. So would doing 1 scoop of dex and one banana with my protein be bad?
    its my understanding, correct me if i wrong, but the sugar in the banana isnt as available as the dex and could possibly convert to fat, whereas the dextrose PWO wont. your body still has to break down the banana, the dextrose is readily available to be absorbed.

mitch911 is offline Member
    i think the granny smith apples are ok that and the berries shouldnt be a problem..but timing is key

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    its my understanding, correct me if i wrong, but the sugar in the banana isnt as available as the dex and could possibly convert to fat, whereas the dextrose PWO wont. your body still has to break down the banana, the dextrose is readily available to be absorbed.
    I'd heard bananas aren't a great post-workout meal for this reason. I guess it must be fructose isn't as bio-available as dextrose.

Actaully fructose is primarily metabolized in the liver yes, so its will preferentially re-filll iver glyocogen yes. Which is not a bad thing. but Fructose can be converted into muscle glyocogen as well, the thought that it cannot is a misconception.

And Fruit is not 100% fructose, most fruits only have a few grams per serving, so if a banana has 33g of carbs possibly 10g will be fructose and the other 23 will be glucose. So a banan is just fine.

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I was hoping that Giants will slam dunk this question ... Thanks..

There are many misconceptions here.... about a great many things...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark

There are many misconceptions here.... about a great many things...
    Like what? What are some of the many misconceptions that you see, I am interested in hearing about them.

Thanks,

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Like what? What are some of the many misconceptions that you see, I am interested in hearing about them.

Thanks,

~SC~
    The first would be:

You cannot find all the answers you need through a simple search.

That is cleary a misconception.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

~SC~

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Thanks,

~SC~
    Wow.... Swole is ready to slam dunk me now .... Man quick tempered...hehe

First off, I was trying to be controversial... But there are many noobs to dieting and the principles... so many have heard over the years many dieting misconceptions... None of which I have heard from you...

I believe many are here putting an end to some common myths in BB nutrition and health... Do you not agree ?

dbstyles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark
    ...so many have heard over the years many dieting misconceptions... None of which I have heard from you...

I believe many are here putting an end to some common myths in BB nutrition and health... Do you not agree ?
    Welcome to this realization that FINALLY sunk in my head in the past 24 hrs (After a year of constant reading this forum-I guess years of being told the wrong things can be hard to beat down.)

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Actaully fructose is primarily metabolized in the liver yes, so its will preferentially re-filll iver glyocogen yes. Which is not a bad thing. but Fructose can be converted into muscle glyocogen as well, the thought that it cannot is a misconception.

And Fruit is not 100% fructose, most fruits only have a few grams per serving, so if a banana has 33g of carbs possibly 10g will be fructose and the other 23 will be glucose. So a banan is just fine.
    if the sugar in say, a coke, is basically fructose (im guessing this cuz of high fructose corn syrup) are u saying some of the sugar in a coke can be converted to muscle glycogen?

swizole is offline Associate Member
    yes...

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    so would u say a banana and a few strawberries blended with sum whey protein shake mix be a bad idea??

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    No it wouldn't be a bad idea, but PWO is not a time for experimenting and being a smarta$$

Whey, double the amount in dex, mix in some water, drink. No questions asked.

dbstyles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    No it wouldn't be a bad idea, but PWO is not a time for experimenting and being a smarta$$

Whey, double the amount in dex, mix in some water, drink. No questions asked.

Now why wouldn't the good people at the supplement companies make something this easy and simple? Don’t our bodies need scientifically engineered PWO foods with X’x and Z’x and cool boxes with great looking people on the packaging? J/K – I learned the hard (and costly) way.

Now I stop looking at what food is good or bad – and find what can be involved into my diet program to meet my body and fitness goals. Fruit is still a great whole food with plenty of nutrients – how you involve it to your diet and fitness is very personal. Everyone’s bodies are different but the principals are the same. Read the forum, read the Internet, go to the book store and look at books on basic biology and learn how your body uses fuel for growth and repair.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    The first would be:

You cannot find all the answers you need through a simple search.

That is cleary a misconception.
    I think you need a sticky to teach ppl how to search Babes

Thread Information