Venum is offline Member

cottage cheese pre-workout?

is the protein in cottage cheese ok for pre-work out? i sometimes mix in some dry oats in a bowl of cottage cheese before i work out. just wondering if i should just have a whey shake instead...

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    bump good question I do it but I just like the taste and the long term protein release.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just fine.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i love fat free cc pre workout!
    complete amino profile... and good sugars!

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like a good pre workout meal to me!!

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    the only thing i don't like about that meal is since the casein protein is digested so slowly, it's going to be sitting in your stomach/intestines while you're working out, which means less bloodflow to muscles cause of the blood in the intestinal area trying to absorb the casein.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    the only thing i don't like about that meal is since the casein protein is digested so slowly, it's going to be sitting in your stomach/intestines while you're working out, which means less bloodflow to muscles cause of the blood in the intestinal area trying to absorb the casein.

So eat it about 1-1.5 hours before hand.

And this is actually incorrect, you blood will flow to the muscle and will not be able to aid in peoper digestion. Cotatge Cheese is a good thing because you can ensure that you have amino's circulating in the bloodstream during your workout.

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11

And this is actually incorrect, you blood will flow to the muscle and will not be able to aid in peoper digestion. Cotatge Cheese is a good thing because you can ensure that you have amino's circulating in the bloodstream during your workout.
    Thats what I was thinking. I was going to give a long explanation of why, but I woudl jsut be reiterating what giantz said above

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11

though the muscles may be prioritized, there will still be more blood in the intestines than usual if casein or other food is sitting in there waiting to be digested. maybe i was a little misleading in my statement in the amount of blood that will remain in the intestinal area, but i must say i do not believe it to be incorrect. i know personally i've worked out in a rush right after a meal, and it's a pain to get a good pump in my muscles if it's too soon after having eaten.

i typically wait about an hour after i've finished eating to go work out. i believe this gives enough time for a fair amount of digestion, yet not so long that my bodies starving for nutrients by the end of the workout.

best bet for those unsure would be to try a fast digesting protein (whey) before working out for a week, then try a slower (casein) protein and see if you notice a difference.

Just eat the Cottage Cheese about 1-2 hours before.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Mixing cottage Cheese and oats, YUCK!!

Thread Information