wake up 60 mins cardio at 70% HR
    meal 1 pro/fat (flax)
    meal 2 pro/carb (oats)
    W/O
    PWO MEAL pro/glucose
    meal 4 pro/fat (flax)
    meal 5 pro/fat (flax)
    meal 6 pro/- maybe some flax again

i will be posting updates everyday on diet and workouts+ a photo of upper body every week

the raeson why i started this diary is since i joined AR ive noticed that everyone around this place is always
    suporting and helping each other out and i just love the friendship that goes on around this place its very hard
    to find that anywhere now days. i hope with your support i can achive my goals in fat loss.

any input is apreciated ive never done a real cutting diet before and ive made this diet up from all the searching ive done on AR.

note: ignore the photo date, cameras stuffed.

this is my first time posting a diary so take it easy on me if i make any mistakes.

WISH ME LUCK HERE I GO.

bcap is offline Member
    Hey man

First off, congratulations at starting the first step of your transformation - the planning. It may seem overwhelming trying to squeeze all the info you gather on here into your head and then trying to come up with a plan that way, but after many critiques (believe me, i had my diet tweaked dozens of times), you will be on your way. I think first off, you should post your exact meals, and the macros for them. Also, I suggest having your pre-bed meal be somethign solid, not flax. A slow digesting protein like caseein protein or even anpb.

I also think it's great how everyone is so supportive here - i am currently on a 12 week transformation (have already lost 17 pounds) and everyone has been so helpful thus far. I could nto have done it without the help and support of everyone on this board. You will find the same - live off what these guys say, they are so smart and so supportive.

Again, take into consideration what i said, and repost with a more in detail plan. What kind of workout schedule are you following?

Good luck man and I will definetly be following your progress. If you need a hand or any advice, don't be afraid to PM me. I dont knwo everything but know enough to point you in the direction if I dont know what you are asking (if that makes any sense).

Bryan

solid snake is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    Hey man

First off, congratulations at starting the first step of your transformation - the planning. It may seem overwhelming trying to squeeze all the info you gather on here into your head and then trying to come up with a plan that way, but after many critiques (believe me, i had my diet tweaked dozens of times), you will be on your way. I think first off, you should post your exact meals, and the macros for them. Also, I suggest having your pre-bed meal be somethign solid, not flax. A slow digesting protein like caseein protein or even anpb.

I also think it's great how everyone is so supportive here - i am currently on a 12 week transformation (have already lost 17 pounds) and everyone has been so helpful thus far. I could nto have done it without the help and support of everyone on this board. You will find the same - live off what these guys say, they are so smart and so supportive.

Again, take into consideration what i said, and repost with a more in detail plan. What kind of workout schedule are you following?

Good luck man and I will definetly be following your progress. If you need a hand or any advice, don't be afraid to PM me. I dont knwo everything but know enough to point you in the direction if I dont know what you are asking (if that makes any sense).

Bryan

hey bro thanks alot

the truth is i decided to start my cutting program after looking into your 12 week program and let me just say great stuff keep it up.

also it was all the help and support that you got from the guys here at AR made me think i should start my own program aswell.

i will be posting my exact food intake details on a daily basis.

as for my work out schedual ill be training weights 5 days monday to friday

and 6 days cardio mon to sat.

times can very for the weight session but cardio is always as soon as i get up.

thanks for the advice on the pre bed meal ive already made the change

also thanks for the helping hand i will PM you if i need help

take care bro and all the best

Hey man

Bryan

hey bro thanks alot

the truth is i decided to start my cutting program after looking into your 12 week program and let me just say great stuff keep it up.

also it was all the help and support that you got from the guys here at AR made me think i should start my own program aswell.

i will be posting my exact food intake details on a daily basis.

as for my work out schedual ill be training weights 5 days monday to friday

and 6 days cardio mon to sat.

times can very for the weight session due to work but cardio is always as soon as i get up.

thanks for the advice on the pre bed meal ive already made the change

also thanks for the helping hand i will PM you if i need help and im pretty sure i will

take care bro and all the best.

solid snake

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Hey bro, glad to see you're making the change. There are plenty of motivating stories and logs here on AR to keep you upbeat about the challenges you'll face. Let me just be the first to tell you, it gets easier with time. You'll fall off your diet at one point or another, it happens to the best of us. But it's getting back up that makes all the difference. I'll be following this diary and support and advice is always here if you need it.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Hey bro, glad to see you're making the change. There are plenty of motivating stories and logs here on AR to keep you upbeat about the challenges you'll face. Let me just be the first to tell you, it gets easier with time. You'll fall off your diet at one point or another, it happens to the best of us. But it's getting back up that makes all the difference. I'll be following this diary and support and advice is always here if you need it.

1buffsob

hey bro thanks alot

i see your pic everywhere on the diet section and see how much you help everyone out and im really happy that your gonna be in my corner.

all the best take care bro.

solid snake.

You have a PM

1buffsob

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When you say Pro/ etc.....

As in meal 1,4,5 etc..., what are your protein sources?
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

bcap is offline Member
    That's what I meant by post your specific meals, because you shoudl be having some kind of lean protein and certain type of carbs at certain times in the day. Carb timing is just as important as what kind of carb you are having.

You'll fall off your diet at one point or another, it happens to the best of us.
    Never has a truer statement existed. If you fall up man, you NEED to get back up. I know this 1st hand - I feel off for about a week and a half - THATS HUGE! But guess what? I'm back on and everything is better than ever. Let these times you screw up act as motivation to work even harder.

Good luck again.

Bryan

You have a PM

1buffsob

thanks bro you also have a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    When you say Pro/ etc.....

As in meal 1,4,5 etc..., what are your protein sources?

well i would answer that question if i could however what ive put down so far is just to give everyone a idea of what kind of meal it will be and also depending on life demands like study and work the protein sources may change some days more liqued shakes and others more solid foods.

i will however be specifiying what exactly i ate every day throu meals 1 to 5-6 whatever amount of meals i manage to eat every day.

in fact im about to post my first day below.

That's what I meant by post your specific meals, because you shoudl be having some kind of lean protein and certain type of carbs at certain times in the day. Carb timing is just as important as what kind of carb you are having.

Never has a truer statement existed. If you fall up man, you NEED to get back up. I know this 1st hand - I feel off for about a week and a half - THATS HUGE! But guess what? I'm back on and everything is better than ever. Let these times you screw up act as motivation to work even harder.

Good luck again.

Bryan

as i said i will be posting detailed info on all my daily meals

as for the carbs all complex low gi carbs example sweet potatos, oats,

EXEPT MY PWO MEAL ITS A PRO/CARB (GLUCOSE)

as for carb timing im pretty sure i got it nailed down here it goes

1.eat a pro/carb (low gi) meal before workout so ive got a good amount of energy and protein for my work out

2.never eat any more carbs after my PWO shake of protein/glucose (for cutting purposes)

if ive missed anything please let me know

Update!!

hey guys heres the update for today

its sat the 15 th of april

got up did 60 mins of cardio on the treadmill on a empty stomech
    at 70% of max heart rate

after finishing and cooling down+streching

waited and extra 30-45 minutes before eating my pro/fat meal in order to increase lipolysis fat burning

!please corect me if im not saying it correctly and also if my theroy on waiting for 30-45 minutes is the right way to go!

note:didnt feel like breackfest food today so just dove straight into main meals+ i had nothin to do today so i cooked all my meals exept meal 5
    i prefere solid food as it burns more calories however even i know there will be days when i will need the pro shakes.

meal 1 pro/fat
    lean rump steak cooked on the bbq with a little bit of herbs and olive oil
    after wards had my flax as required

meal 2 pro/carb
    lean chicken breast with sweet potato (yum)

PWO
    no work out today as it is saturday

meal 3
    pro/fat
    tuna salad with a lttle bit of olive oil
    +flax

meal 4
    pro/fat
    lean chicken breast + flax

meal 5
    will have pure protein (slow absorbing) shake before bed, no fat or carbs

on training days i will eat 6 meals but today no training.

also i have forgoton to include some details that are very important

im on HRT here is a list of what im on when i take it and the dose

GH, 0.2 iu at night before bed
    tyroid extract, 4.0 grain 30 minutes before first meal of the day

sorry i forgot to include such important info.

as for supplements im on a solid multi vitamin,vit c & e, milk thistle and protein

thats all i can think about at this time if i forgot somthing please let me know.

also any input and productive critisisim would be apretiated

thanks guys.

bcap is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solid snake
    2.never eat any more carbs after my PWO shake of protein/glucose (for cutting purposes)
    Seeming as you are just starting your diet, I would suggest adding another pro/carb meal in there - ppwo. Your body needs this, especially if it isn't used to this kind of diet.
    Last edited by bcap; 04-15-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Seeming as you are just starting your diet, I would suggest adding another pro/carb meal in there - ppwo. Your body needs this, especially if it isn't used to this kind of diet.

thanks bcap

i will make the changes as you have said by changing my first solid meal after my W/O to a pro/carb instead of pro/flax

i was thinking that i might need another serving of carbs somwhere in there now i know.

thanks again bcap

solid snake.

hey guys here is todays update

OH MAN EASTER WAS GREAT FOR THE FAMILY BUT HORRIBLE FOR MY CUTTING PROGRAM BUT ALSO A HUGE GAIN WAS MADE!!!!

i thought that i could avoid my mums and grandmothers foods which trust me are not ideal for cutting but in the end i couldent.

there we were on the table hole family and i tryed not to eat some of the food but at the end my mum was like it would be rude to your grandmother who cooked all this food for the better part of the hole morning.

so at the end of the day i couldent say no i gave in and just had 1 big cheat meal and thats the hole truth i know i shouldent give in to presure like that but im a big softie when it comes to my mum and grand mother.

good thing in the end was i explained to my grand mother what im doing and that as of now i wont be eating the same foods anymore she was happy that im making healthier decisions in life and said as of now she will support me and show understanding when it comes to her cooking.

so at least today ive prevented all future family/religius holiday's from turning into a cutting diet nightmare

other then that all other meals where prety clean no carbs exept for the big cheat meal so it was pretty much damage control all the way from 11 am

had plenty of water about 2 liters

i know its a pretty big fall ive taken only 2 days into a cutting program but im now more determined to go on then ever especialy with all the unexpected support from my family

IM NOT STOPING UNTIL IM 95kg AND RIPPED!!!!!

tommoro is

am cardio 60 mins at 70% max HR
    +
    chest and tricep workout

CANT WAIT SO PUMPED TO TRAIN!!

all the best guys and hope your all not mad at me

solid snake.

OH MAN WHERES MY MANNERS ALMOST FORGOT

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

No worries bro. Like I said, it happens. Damage control for the remainder of the day, and tomorrow, you're back to it. Are we going to be seeing weekly pics?

1buffsob

bcap is offline Member
    Yeah man like Kyle said, no worries don't sweat it.

I had a cheat meal today too - can't turn down the tradition/family food. My nona cooked for hours on end I couldn't just say no, I'd break her heart. Just get back to it tomorrow.

Happy Easter

Bryan

No worries bro. Like I said, it happens. Damage control for the remainder of the day, and tomorrow, you're back to it. Are we going to be seeing weekly pics?

1buffsob

yeah bro for sure ill get one up in a few days and also i will weigh in to see total weight loss.

happy easter bro.

ill see you later.
    Last edited by solid snake; 04-17-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Yeah man like Kyle said, no worries don't sweat it.

I had a cheat meal today too - can't turn down the tradition/family food. My nona cooked for hours on end I couldn't just say no, I'd break her heart. Just get back to it tomorrow.

Happy Easter

Bryan

thanks buddy

yeah well its good to know that know that there are other people like me out there

happy easter once again

take care bro.

food intake was pretty good today (NO CHEATING!!)

just a few changes Ive made Ive now upped my protein intake to 250 grams a day instead of 200 to be safe on my muscle

had a good chest and triceps workout very sore afterwords

thats pretty much it! nothing fancy today just a nice solid day of cutting!!

tomorrow am cardio+ legs!!

also i would like to clear up some things about my diet goals for everyone

i am doing a cutting diet that is for the long term until i have dropped a majority of my body fat because of this i will be doing a more maintainable diet that can go for around 6 months (check my photo and see what i mean!!!) so there will be certain adjustments to make in order for me to make this a maintainable diet

i will be eating some low GI fruits on this diet i know that some people are against fruit during cutting diets i however really like my fruit and don't find it bad for my diet and also like i said this has to be a maintainable diet so fruit helps plus i get my fruit for free!!! (LOL reminds me of new kids cheez thing)

thats pretty much it right now but I'm sure that in the future i will need to adjust once again but for now its all going good!

thats all thanks for your support guys

take care.

solid snake.

Fruit has it's benefits for sure. I personally love it but can't get into the low bf% eating it, so had to cut it out Just make sure you keep your carbs and fats seperated so at least you're not taking a step backwards. Also, don't go overboard with the fruit. Moderation is key here. Save it for times when you really feel you need it. We're all pulling for you brother.

1buffsob

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    gud luck mate, hope it all works out well.

locutus is offline Associate Member
    This should totally be a Reality TV show!!!

Oh wait, it is.

Good luck with your progress bro. Cant wait to see how you look in 6-8 months.

Fruit has it's benefits for sure. I personally love it but can't get into the low bf% eating it, so had to cut it out Just make sure you keep your carbs and fats seperated so at least you're not taking a step backwards. Also, don't go overboard with the fruit. Moderation is key here. Save it for times when you really feel you need it. We're all pulling for you brother.

1buffsob

thanks bro

and i will be careful about the carbs in the fruit

i'l treat it like any carbs have it without fat and in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by solid snake
    thanks bro

and i will be careful about the carbs in the fruit

i'l treat it like any carbs have it without fat and in moderation.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny
    gud luck mate, hope it all works out well.

thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by locutus
    This should totally be a Reality TV show!!!

Oh wait, it is.

Good luck with your progress bro. Cant wait to see how you look in 6-8 months.
    thanks bro

i cant wait to see what im gona look like in 6 -8 months aswell

ok guys here is todays update

i did am cardio for 1 hour on a empty stomech

my workout went really well legs are very sore

i would say that my diet today was the best it could be really clean and also the carbs where timed well and low gi exept for PWO shake which had glucose

oh yeah and i managed to avoid fruit today so thats a plus

thats prety much it if i can keep on having days like today i think my cutting goals will be achived much quiker then expected maybe 4 months instead of six

just hope im gona be good in the consistancy department

tommoro same deal as all ways

am cardio on empty stomech and shoulders+traps after wards

take care everyone.

bcap is offline Member
    Good job man

Keep with it and you'll definetly see results. Consistency is key when it comes to cutting.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    no worries solidsnake i pig out as well over easter, had me tons of bread/ham sandwichs, chips salsa, and to top it all off, strawberry short cake, ice cream, hoho's and much more, i was so bloated i took my shirt off to get in the pool and evreyone was like dude weres ur abbs ??? i said O there takeing a break from all the carbs

Good job man

Keep with it and you'll definetly see results. Consistency is key when it comes to cutting.

thanks for the support bcap.

i will do my best to stay consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    no worries solidsnake i pig out as well over easter, had me tons of bread/ham sandwichs, chips salsa, and to top it all off, strawberry short cake, ice cream, hoho's and much more, i was so bloated i took my shirt off to get in the pool and evreyone was like dude weres ur abbs ??? i said O there takeing a break from all the carbs

LOL man thats one hell of a cheat day even for easter!!!!

thats like a 4 days worth of cheating in one day no wonder there was a temporary loss of abs (AT LEAST i hope it was temporary )

take care Steve all the best

p.s wish i had abs to lose

hi everyone here is todays update.

OK once again i had a perfect day heres how it went

got up did am cardio on a empty stomech for 1 hour at 65% max heart rate

then did my shoulder workout which was very good i absolutely pulverized my delts and loved every second of it

and once again i managed to avoid fruit !!!!

all carbs consumed where complex/low GI carbs except PWO shake which had glucose

total protein intake was around 200 grams (will have about 50 grams more starting tomorrow just to be safe on the muscle)
    total carb intake including PWO shake was around 180 to 200 grams
    total fat intake was around 20 grams of good fat (reason why its not around 40 or 50 is because i ran out of fish oil but I'm gonna get some more tomorrow)
    total carbs from veggies (I'm guessing around 25grams)
    total calories for the day around 1900-2000

any input on this^ would be great!!!!! (good or bad doesn't matter)

thats pretty much it all in all a great day!!!

I'm starting to feel very good in terms of general well being and i maybe its just a placebo effect but I'm felling liter as well

a few people are starting to say that Ive lost a little bit of weight lets hope the photo sais the same thing in 2 days

thanks allot guys all the best and take care

solid snake.
    Last edited by solid snake; 04-19-2006 at 08:31 AM.

today was ulmost a perfect day unfortunatly due to work and study demands i couldent find time to train my ABS but ill just do it on sat after cardio so no major setback there

i still did morning cardio on a empty stomech for 1 hour at 65% max heart rate

diet was great today i just for some reason couldent eat much carbs today i think i only had about 120 grams but might be due to lack of training

i had about 220 grams protein and 30 grams good fat

thats about it.

im really exited about tommoros weigh in + photos hope it all looks good

besides that i got am cardio and working out back+biceps

take care guys all the best

solid snake

Your kcals look really low for today snake. If I'm reading this right, and I like to think that I am, it looks like you were under the 2000kcal mark, and at your weight, is not good. You're at least 500-600 kcal too low IMHO. This diet only began a couple days ago. You don't want to kill your metabolism this early in the game.

1buffsob

Your kcals look really low for today snake. If I'm reading this right, and I like to think that I am, it looks like you were under the 2000kcal mark, and at your weight, is not good. You're at least 500-600 kcal too low IMHO. This diet only began a couple days ago. You don't want to kill your metabolism this early in the game.

1buffsob

yeah i also thought that was the case.

so as of tommoro like you have pointed out 1buffsob i will increase my cals by about 600

bro i was wondering just for a second if that was the case and you came along and confirmed it for me THANKS ALOT.

take care you 1 buff sob

solid snake.

Anytime bro. I wish I had days where I 'just couldn't eat much carbs' haha. I can eat 600g a day and still want more. Mother always said I have a hollow leg.

PM me if you need anything snake

1buffsob

Anytime bro. I wish I had days where I 'just couldn't eat much carbs' haha. I can eat 600g a day and still want more. Mother always said I have a hollow leg.

PM me if you need anything snake

1buffsob

oh man you must be like my brother

he could eat a hole backery for a snack the guys a carba holic

and thanks for the support bro i apretiate it

take care.

solid snake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information