Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carb loading

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    1600g, Jesus Warrior. Some questions for you though.

Do you find it hard to consume that much carbs? You're running slin on your carb up days, do you find that to be more effective than slin for PWO? Also, any anabolics durring your cutting diet?

I'm just gonna have fun and enjoy myself this Saturday. Some healthy carbs, a little s/f fat free icecream, whole wheat pancakes, etc. Not really geared for a glycogen replinishment, just a healthy break from dieting.

1buffsob

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    1600g, Jesus Warrior. Some questions for you though.

Do you find it hard to consume that much carbs? You're running slin on your carb up days, do you find that to be more effective than slin for PWO? Also, any anabolics durring your cutting diet?

I'm just gonna have fun and enjoy myself this Saturday. Some healthy carbs, a little s/f fat free icecream, whole wheat pancakes, etc. Not really geared for a glycogen replinishment, just a healthy break from dieting.

1buffsob
    No... not really... it's eating a lot though - it does put a knot in my stomach... but I was taking in more than that... I have gained over 13 pounds in a carb load while trying to find this perfect number.

Here is my structure from my cutting cycle (what I aim for):

"I have determined that I need around 1600-1700g of carbs for supercompensation of glycogen stores. The preload day will begin with about 120g post workout, then 100g two hours later with dinner. The carb load day will begin with 12 IU Actrapid then 75g of carbs every hour for 6 hours (but ~100g right after the insulin shot) for 450g. The next 10 hours (assuming a 15-hour day) will be 60g per hour for another 600g. That will put the daily total around 1050. With the previous nights preload I will be around 1270g... so the next 60-25-15 day needs around 400-500 grams and then the 40-30-30 day will be for topping everything off and maintenance."

I basically fill up my pockets with
    Cell Tech, Dextrose, Rice Krispy and oatmeal bars, cereals, Harvest Bars, juice... and eat good meals with rice and starches...

You don't really have to get this detailed but if you keep a good log of how much you gain and lose its easier to learn what amount works the best... I personally like to guniea pig myself and see what does what... i used to focus more on training then diet... lately it is all about getting diet up to par so i can be big and lean

As far as AAS, no... nothing. I have started taking some Proviron to support falling androgen levels that can occur from caloric defecits... as well as Bromocriptine to protect against the body's hormonal response to dieting - tricking it at the neural level that all systems are good... no primal reaction of thinking there is a possible starvation ahead. And I have played with insulin to better support the carb load... which in my opinion does well.

But no AAS. I was thinking of running some testosterone at either 250mg E3D or EOD and see what effect it has on this diet... but sh!t, everything is progressing fine without it... whats your opinion on dropping the Proviron and adding testosterone to a CKD approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    No... not really... it's eating a lot though - it does put a knot in my stomach... but I was taking in more than that... I have gained over 13 pounds in a carb load while trying to find this perfect number.

Here is my structure from my cutting cycle (what I aim for):

"I have determined that I need around 1600-1700g of carbs for supercompensation of glycogen stores. The preload day will begin with about 120g post workout, then 100g two hours later with dinner. The carb load day will begin with 12 IU Actrapid then 75g of carbs every hour for 6 hours (but ~100g right after the insulin shot) for 450g. The next 10 hours (assuming a 15-hour day) will be 60g per hour for another 600g. That will put the daily total around 1050. With the previous nights preload I will be around 1270g... so the next 60-25-15 day needs around 400-500 grams and then the 40-30-30 day will be for topping everything off and maintenance."

I basically fill up my pockets with
    Cell Tech, Dextrose, Rice Krispy and oatmeal bars, cereals, Harvest Bars, juice... and eat good meals with rice and starches...

You don't really have to get this detailed but if you keep a good log of how much you gain and lose its easier to learn what amount works the best... I personally like to guniea pig myself and see what does what... i used to focus more on training then diet... lately it is all about getting diet up to par so i can be big and lean

As far as AAS, no... nothing. I have started taking some Proviron to support falling androgen levels that can occur from caloric defecits... as well as Bromocriptine to protect against the body's hormonal response to dieting - tricking it at the neural level that all systems are good... no primal reaction of thinking there is a possible starvation ahead. And I have played with insulin to better support the carb load... which in my opinion does well.

But no AAS. I was thinking of running some testosterone at either 250mg E3D or EOD and see what effect it has on this diet... but sh!t, everything is progressing fine without it... whats your opinion on dropping the Proviron and adding testosterone to a CKD approach?
    From what I've read and seen personally, proviron seems to work well at supporting androgen levels. But it appears to lose its effectiveness as the CKD diet progresses. I believe the addition of testosterone would be much more beneficial in this type of approach, and would actually help to increase muscle gains/fat loss even with the carb/kcal deficit. Depending on cycle history, 150mg prop eod or 500-600mg of long estered testosterone would be more than enough to achieve desired results. Are you still continuing the diet Warrior?

Also, good choice on the bromocriptine.

1buffsob

BTW, Warrior, it's about time you change your location

1buffsob

From what I've read and seen personally, proviron seems to work well at supporting androgen levels. But it appears to lose its effectiveness as the CKD diet progresses. I believe the addition of testosterone would be much more beneficial in this type of approach, and would actually help to increase muscle gains/fat loss even with the carb/kcal deficit. Depending on cycle history, 150mg prop eod or 500-600mg of long estered testosterone would be more than enough to achieve desired results. Are you still continuing the diet Warrior?

Also, good choice on the bromocriptine.

1buffsob
    Yeah - I had some issues come up with work that are giving me only one chance to train a day (cutting out the morning cardio)... but I am looking really lean this week - so apparently the drop in cardio isn't impacting it too much. I am still getting plenty of cardio regardless - and on low-carb, getting it in the morning is less important than just getting it in general. I am netting a drop of another 3 pounds so far this week... I am at 235 right now, and this day last week I was at 238... prolly hit 233, again (I had gained a few extra pounds while seeing how high I could go with the carb refeed day)... and hopefully a hard 230 the following week...

I'll probably move into some testosterone here soon... I know it will help with the refeeds and hitting glycogen supercompensation...

Haha... yeah, probably should go take that 264 off the location...

Sounds real good man, real good . You're making excellent progress. I'd love to see you at a 10-11%bf, you'd look sick

The testosterone really seems to help with the refeeds, one of the reasons I feel test becomes such a benefit on a CKD approach.

I feel you on the work/cardio thing man. I work from about 5:30 a.m. to 5:00pm lifting after work. I've been getting up at 4:00a.m. for morning cardio, but it's been below 30 degrees here the last couple of days. I'm dedicated, but not that dedicated. Once it warms up here, things should be going well.

1buffsob

While I'm at it, your favorite high carb/ low fat goodies would be what exactly?

While I'm at it, your favorite high carb/ low fat goodies would be what exactly?
    I try and avoid fructose since it really is only good for liver glycogen - but other than that... I won't sacrifice being able to get in the total carbs for the type... hitting that 1600-1700 mark is numero uno.

And I feel I don't really have a taste for food in the traditional meaning anymore... - its pretty much borders on taste with a heavy lean on convenience with the right macros... I like some of the bars (Harvest Bars), Rice Krispy bars, to-go type cereals... I do enjoy being able to eat oatmeal with some brown sugar on top in the AM... and I take the opportunity for some french toast with, da, da, da... SYRUP!

But yeah... waking up at 0400 lately sucks... te other morning I needed to be out of the house by 0400... too early to try and get quality sleep and morning cardio. But hopefully this schedule will end soon. But I do think there is a fine line between too much cardio that will make progress more difficult... kinda like Poliquin's Fat Aerobic Instructor Syndrome theory. I seem to be down another 3 pounds this week with about half the cardio - so all is good, so far... some of it might be from less inflamtion or something to that effect... so I do plan to get back to the extra cardio after work permits...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information