Undecided09 is offline Senior Member

Proposed Bulking Diet

Aight Boys the time has come to plan out my Bulking diet which will start at the end of May sometime...I'll list an "Ideal day"

Stats:
    5'9"
    182 lbs
    20 years old

Meal 1 (10:00 am):
    60 grams of Carbs from Oats...(15 grams of sugar)
    50 grams of Protein from either eggs or a Whey shake...
    Bannana...
    Veggies...
    Scoop of Peanut butter...

Meal 2 (1:00)
    60 grams of Carbs from Oats...
    50 grams of protein Grilled Chicken...
    Scoop of Peanut Butter..

Meal 3 (4:00)
    50 grams of Protein Grilled Chicken...
    60 Grams of carbs from Wild Rice...
    Scoop of Natural Honey...

LIFT!!!!

PWO Nutrition (7:00)
    65 Grams of Protein from Whey shake...
    140 grams of carbs mixed with whey shake from Weight gainer...
    Mixed Greens...peppers, cucumbers, carrots, in a salad...
    Scoop of Peanut Butter...

Meal 5 (10:00)
    65 grams of Protein from Grilled Chicken...
    75 grams of carbs from Oats...
    Fish Oil Tabs...

Meal 6 (12:30)
    60 grams of Protein From Whey Shake...
    75 grams of carbs from weight gainer...
    Scoop of peanut butter...

That works out to be about 340 grams of Protein and about 470 grams of carbs...Not sure about the fat or about the calories...Let the flaming and tearing about begin...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    you're combining macros in every meal except pre-workout. i don't agree with that at all. you'll gain fat pretty quick i would assume. maybe try to separate them, that's my first $.02

What do u mean, combining fat and carbs do you mean?? I'm a pretty hard gainer to, keep that in mind, not an ecto, but a metabolism some would kill for...

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    he means carbs create insulin , and fat basically piggy backs onto insulin and there is more of a chance of those meals getting stored as fat...imo if you wanna do a "dirty" bulk this is fine, but even if your metabolisim is great, you still have to watch this if you dont wanna have to cut as hard... also throw in cardio like 2 days a week in the morning if you can for like 20-30 minutes...jmo good luck bro

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I can lean bulk fine with fat/carbs together as long as the carbs are not sugars and low GI carbs. When bulking it is hard to set aside 1-2meals with only protein/fats.. So I see no problem with combining the two.
    Here's what I'd change in bold...

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    Aight Boys the time has come to plan out my Bulking diet which will start at the end of May sometime...I'll list an "Ideal day"

Stats:
    5'9"
    182 lbs
    20 years old

Meal 1 (10:00 am):
    60 grams of Carbs from Oats...(15 grams of sugar) Try eating atleast the low sugar oatmeal with wheat rolled oats.50 grams of Protein from either eggs or a Whey shake... Shoot for atleast 30g's of protein in this meal.. Preferably 50-60.Bannana...
    Veggies...
    Scoop of Peanut butter...

Meal 2 (1:00)
    60 grams of Carbs from Oats...
    50 grams of protein Grilled Chicken...
    Scoop of Peanut Butter..

Meal 3 (4:00)
    50 grams of Protein Grilled Chicken...How many ounces of chicken equals 50grams? Just curious because some ppl have a misconception of what 50g of protein from chicken looks like.60 Grams of carbs from Wild Rice... I'd switch to Brown rice, less sodium, lower GI.Scoop of Natural Honey... Not necessary, Why take in sugars when you aren't lifting for another 3hours.

LIFT!!!!

PWO Nutrition (7:00)
    65 Grams of Protein from Whey shake...Shoot for approx 40-50g Prot/80-100carbs, 140 seems like too much to utilize at one time.
    140 grams of carbs mixed with whey shake from Weight gainer...
    Mixed Greens...peppers, cucumbers, carrots, in a salad...
    Scoop of Peanut Butter... Drop the unsat fats during PWO, slows protein/carb absorbtion. I'd not take fats in my PWO + PPWO meal personally.

There should be a meal at 8:00pm as well, 50/50 Prot/Carbs...

Meal 5 (10:00)
    65 grams of Protein from Grilled Chicken...
    75 grams of carbs from Oats...
    Fish Oil Tabs... Capsules are a waste of money while bulking, 1capsule=1g of unsat fat.... 1tbsn=11-14g's... See what I mean, buy it in liquid form.

Meal 6 (12:30)
    60 grams of Protein From Whey Shake...
    75 grams of carbs from weight gainer...
    Scoop of peanut butter...

That works out to be about 340 grams of Protein and about 470 grams of carbs...Not sure about the fat or about the calories...Let the flaming and tearing about begin...Figure out how many macros you are taking in and add up the calories... Don't guess, otherwise how will you know what is working and what is not?
    1gram Protein = 4calories
    1gream carbs = 3.75calories
    1gram fat = 9calories
    From the looks of it you're getting around 4500calories (this is probably more than you need to effectively bulk, expect to put on a bit of fat).
    I'd drop the fat from the meals suggested.
    I shoot for around 350g Prot, 600-700carbs, 80-100fats while bulking. This is just me though, you need to stick with a diet for say 4-6wks and then adjust according to how you are responding and take notes.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

-B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Thanks BD, your help is always taken to heart and very beneficial...I also don't see any reason why I can't combine Carbs and fat...all the oats I have listed are Quaker Regular flavor 19 grams of carbs 0 sugar...Also, the honey is prelift, the next meal isn't till about seven...So lift comes at like 5...is the caloric intake high enough?? What types of gains should I see, you've seen my pics?? Also, why the Meal at 8 o'clock...

Thanks BD, your help is always taken to heart and very beneficial...I also don't see any reason why I can't combine Carbs and fat...all the oats I have listed are Quaker Regular flavor 19 grams of carbs 0 sugar...Also, the honey is prelift, the next meal isn't till about seven...So lift comes at like 5...is the caloric intake high enough?? What types of gains should I see, you've seen my pics?? Also, why the Meal at 8 o'clock...
    Seems as if you're lifting for 2hrs which IMO is too long, may be overtraining. Also how many days are you taking off during the week etc..
    No need for the honey prelift, possibly include it with your PWO shake, I always eat a small meal consisting of around 40g protein/50carbs 1hr Prelift.
    I'd have to see your weekly routine to judge on how much you would be gaining, it just depends on so many factors. Also on how consistant you are with this diet (do you eat like this everyday or are there certain days that you slack off etc.. 1 or 2days of slacking/wk can be detrimental to growth).
    I like to take my PWO directly after workout, eat 1hr later approx. 50g protein/50carbs, and then eat again 2hrs later (well balanced meal, can include fats if you'd like).
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Well I don't lift for two hours, just rough estimates of time, like right now I Figure in travel time and stuff...I lift Monday through Friday, So i have saturday Sunday off, or sometimes one day off during the week, so two days off total, never lift on sunday...I think my lifting routine is pretty solid, Nark and I tore that apart and I have been going on strong with that, I can send that to you if you'd like to see it...I have a tough time eating to close to when I lift to, espeically when I deadlift or do legs, I've thrown up on numerous occassions...I take my PWO nutrition immediately after lifting, do you consider that a meal or no???

It is considered your PWO meal lol... Then I eat a solidfood meal 1hr later and then again 2hrs later... as I listed..

IMO 5days/wk is overtraining for most individuals unless you are just wasting time in there. I've switched to EOD routine and have seen more growth than ever in the last 4months. I have three routines I alternate (Chest, Back, Legs, Repeat).. Maybe it's time to switch up your routine if the diet isn't helping break plateaus. Otherwise stick to your diet for a month or two and give us feedback so we can help switch some things around.
    I'd say for the cleanest bulk shoot for around 3800calories + or -. For obviously more mass 4500 will work well but expect some BF. After doing both, I prefer a cleaner bulk and it seems to work just as effectively on LBM gains.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Ok, well I mean I have only been on my current routine for a month and three quarters or so, and I have been on a cutting diet, but still have seen strength gains despite...As far as your grilled chicken question went I was talking about an 8 ouce breast of chicken, which countains 20 grams of protein, so three of those should be 60 grams...Also, I am going to stick with this routine just because I like focusing on just one muscle group a day, I like the idea of beating that group into submission and allowing an entire week of repair and rebuilding...I won't truly know how effective this routine is because I haven't been doing it will on a bulking diet, so once I start this bulking routine we will see how well it works with my training and my body...Also, any gains I should expect or any goals I should shoot for??? I can't wait to bulk by the way, because I can't wait to cut it up...

Just keep an eye on your measurements rather than the scale. If your waist size is increasing than back off the calories a tad bit, but if you're gaining in other areas but waist stays relatively the same then that's a good sign... That's an easy way to self monitor, otherwise have BF done every couple weeks.
    Off a good bulking diet you should be able to put on a good 5+lbs in a couple months, if on cycle you can put on even more.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

BD don't put that thought in my mind, you were around for all my debates about it....The reason I'm doing this bulking diet is because I never dieted to bulk before and I have to atleast see how big I can get before I pick up the gear...I mean my lift never changes, the diet is what determines what kind of training you do, with the implementation of some cardio ofcourse...BD I would be surprised if I put on fat while on this diet, I know I'm not an Ecto or anyhthing, but me and fat just has never been something I've ever had to deal with, no matter how good or bad my diet was...But I am looking for a diet that will maximize growth, because just eating everything in sight doesnt maximize growth, you need a plan...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    hey man, it;s cool. i just wasn't sure if u cared. but if u can get away with it, must be nice. looks like great advice. good luck my bruh

PhishStasH is offline Member
    My stats are very similar to yours...I think I'm going to take your diet and modify it a little bit and see how well it will work for me.

I'm 21, 5'8", 174 lbs, 7%BF

I believe the only modifications will be as follows:
    -add cardio 3 days/wk 30 min in morning
    -change meal 2: to just Pro/Fat (remove oats, maybe PB, add 1 cup almonds)
    -change meal 3: remove natural honey
    -PWO: 55g whey, 110g carbogain, remove PB
    -PPWO: [1 hr after PWO] 40g chicken breast, 40g oats
    -change meal 5: 55g chicken or tuna; 60g oats

Wonder how that will work out...

Looks good Phish, now back to undecided's thread lol

I think you will gain well off of that diet bro, just keep at it and give us feedback.. Yes I remember your struggle with wanting to start AAS and I think we both agreed it's not needed yet. See how you respond so proper nutrition first, glad to see you stuck with it!
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Thanks BD, Love it when guys like you and Nark comment on my threads, I PM him all the time when I need quick solid answsers to question, I trust you guys...I'm super excited to see how my body reacts to this kind of diet, my training, IMO has always been good, I mean you can change anything about anyones training routine, but when it comes down to it, diet is 80 percent of the battle, and as long as you lift hard and eat right, desireable results will be seen. I've always lifted hard, now time to put a true bulking diet with my training and see what my body does...I'm excited!!!

Good luck!
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Can't Wait for my first Progress Pics..

I will def be following with ya Undecided...good luck!

Good Luck to you too man!! Post up some pics in the members pics forum just to get em on here, then you can post progress pics!

wolfstriked is offline Associate Member
    Undecided,are you saying that you will eat 3 chicken breast to get your 50 gms.You wrote that am 8oz chicken breast has only 20gms protein.From all that ive read about protein in chicken,its 24gms per 4oz.So your 8oz chicken breast is your 50gms.I could never stomach 3 chicken breast at once.

I wondered as well.. figured it was a typo.

24oz of chicken in one meal LOL
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Ok Lets screw the ounces I hate all this weight stuff...I have chicken breasts that are about the size of a fist, and about as thick as your hand, so three of those should be about 60 grams of protein...

Atleast.. I like to shoot low so I end up with more protein than I actually think I'm taking in. That's a good estimate.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Yeah well im assuming one of those chicken breasts I have has to have atleast 20 grams of protein, thats how i was figuring it out...So they have ATLEAST 20 a piece...

Good Luck to you too man!! Post up some pics in the members pics forum just to get em on here, then you can post progress pics!
    Posted.

Pics...new member

Thread Information