Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?

nOva's cutting log

well here, this is going to be my cutting log. my starting weight is 192 standing at 5'9.5". bf is around 9% and i am a very cool guy.
    hopes and aspirations after the diet are to be around 5% bf, and still be really cool if not cooler. due to classes / finals, my diet and training schedule has been well, (in the hunter gatherer sense of the word....bad)...therefore my maxes and bf have changed in a "not positive" manner. so tonight i will 2rep max out in (flat BB bench, parallel squat-with a shoulderwidth stance-, deadlift, and pullups until failure.
    i am not posting my diet as of now, or ever, because it is unorthodox. however i am trying to see if strict dieting and exercise can lead a person to the 5%bf range. i will hopefully be cutting for 10 weeks. cardio will be gin this week with 2days in teh am @60-65% of my MHR. i will post daily of my activity level which will be, well....high. my daily calorie intake will be 2044. carbs at 175g protein at 240g and fat intake will be minimal. (please don't ask to see my diet, and don't ask me why i am taking this approach. i am testing these ratios to see if they work.)
    my log will also express how i feel, am i pumped? am i keeping strength? and i lethargic? am i horny? am i getting cooler? ect. ect. i hope to have any and all support because cutting is hard on me mentally because i love to eat and am usually hungry.
    also with my campus job of being a freshman orientation leader, this summer's schedule might hinder teh diet until i can figure a way to utilize it to its full potential. nonetheless, i will keep any and all updates posted.

-nOva-

i do have some pictures that were taken recently, with my bf around 9% or slightly higher. who cares about before pictures anyway.....you look back and laugh.

oh and by the way i am going to win the heisman...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nOva's cutting log-before-backspread.jpg   nOva's cutting log-beforebicep.jpg   nOva's cutting log-front-before.jpg   nOva's cutting log-beforefront.jpg   nOva's cutting log-before-heisman.jpg  

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    hey "cool guy" can i see your diet jk bro, good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by ShnouzedUp
    hey "cool guy" can i see your diet jk bro, good luck man
    thanks bro! i'll whore at ya later

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Looking good broheim. You have my support. I'll be watching you

Also, develop some damn lats

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Looking good broheim. You have my support. I'll be watching you

Also, develop some damn lats

1buffsob
    i can't seem to grow after a certain point. my next bulk in teh fall will be a 2x a week training method. kinda like ironman's. my laggers are def. chest/lats. i suck basically.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i can't seem to grow after a certain point. my next bulk in teh fall will be a 2x a week training method. kinda like ironman's. my laggers are def. chest/lats. i suck basically.
    The first step to recovery is admiting you have a problem. I'm glad you realize the truth, now we can work to fix that.

1buffsob

prework out... had my meal at 4:45. i will be training at 5:45 so i am off to the gym. i am thinking about not posting maxes because i do not think they will represent where i was a couple weeks ago, nonetheless i will post where i am tonight (which will be depressing). i am also going to be using a fat loss training program (by I believe it is either Dave Tate, or Ian King) for 3 weeks. then i will be creating a 2x-a-week training method to hopefully make my body grow. anywho, i will contribute more after my workout.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck bro...ill be watching

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    nova bud...do not be hesitant to post the truth...we are all your bros..and if someone says something you dont like you know I will flame them into suicide...Im rooting for you..and I believe you will hit 5%..at least I hope so because I would like to do something similar...

booo being fat ............................and I want to see lots a pics

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    hey ill be watchin. and good luck!

BTW, not being funny but do you think youre 9% BF in those pics ? Anyone else think so ? Its just I beleive Im around the same, but I think Im more like 12% ?!!

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    do i have to write something just to subscribe to it ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    hey ill be watchin. and good luck!

BTW, not being funny but do you think youre 9% BF in those pics ? Anyone else think so ? Its just I beleive Im around the same, but I think Im more like 12% ?!!
    nahh i dont think i am in the pics. i think i am a little higher. trust me man, i dont have much mass. i have only been into the BB game for a little over a year. all previous training came from outside sports without all of the knowledge here. definately more than 9% but 9% was my last test, before diet and training went all to hell from finals. go to thread tools to subscribe

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    Good luck man. I need to cut to get my abs poppin out more again, but scared, I dont wanna loose muscle. I am bulkin like crazy, right now I am at 193, plan to bulk till 210-220, imagine that will be somewhere around july/august with the rate I am growin, then once i gain all that mass cut so I will still look big and not have to worry about gettin skinny again lol.

ok here is what went on. i decided to do a traditional back/bi day.
    Deads:
    warmup1 (w1) 135x2
    w2 225x2
    SET1: 315x2 (used straps)
    SET2: 350x2 (used straps)
    SET3: 365x1 (used straps)

*this is pretty d@mn good for me. my PB is 385 (when i was finishing up pheraplex), i felt strong and pumped for the deads despite my lack of sleep from being with the lady last night

DB shrugs w/80's (sets of 15, 15) w/75's (set of 17)

lat pulldowns:
    w1, 90?(6) (whatever the hell 9o is. im guessing around 90lbs)
    SET1: 130 (for10)
    SET2: 140 (10)
    SET3: 140 (10)

*felt good, i just stopped an 8,6,4 routine by the way so the endurance for me to go to 10 reps is difficult for me seeing as i havent adapted to a higher number of reps for 3 sets, still, im satisfied. also, as you can tell from my pics, my lats suck. i have a hard time building them. i hope to bulk and really flame them in the fall.

Seated Rows (hands at or around nipple level)
    w1: 90(6) (yeah effing 90 again???)
    SET1: 140(10)
    SET2: 150(10) -struggled because of grip-
    SET3: 150(10) -used straps-

*now might be a good time to explain my medical condition. i have what is called Shermann's Kyphosis (HUMP BACK to the comedian) and it is hard for me to keep my shoulders back and good posture. i have been fighting it for about 5 years, and bent over BB rows, well, i can't do them very often because my spine KILLS afterwards from trying to not allow my spine to round. this is also a contributor to my lagging chest. but i am pushing through it.

flatBB curls:
    w1:45lbs(6)
    SET1: 70lbs(10)
    SET2: 70lbs(9)
    SET3: 65lbs(10)

* felt a HUGE pump, usually always do, and it hurts like hell (again like usual) i have absolutely crap endurance in my bi's so i have to go really light on the flats.

---Cardio for 20 mins around 130-135 BPM---

on a side note. my PWO will not be dex and whey as it was when bulking, BUT (and this is a very big but) i have dex left over that will last me probably 1-maybe2- more workouts, and being the BCS (broke college student) that i am, i have decided to use what i have left and just keep teh rest of teh diet the same. thsi will probably not help me any, but i dont want to waste the dex. anyway, overall, good workout and i now need a nap... but too bad because i have to study for finals

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    lookinggood Nova keep it man

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    yeah yeah boy! i'll be following goodluck!

thank you for the kind words guys. i'm glad i have some good quality supporters.

Nice job Nova. Deadlifts are impressive. If I may add a suggestion to the lats, perhaps the incorporation of pull overs and narrow grip pulldowns to shock the muscles into growth. And perhaps another bicep exercise, such as 3 sets of hammers. Either way, looking good

1buffsob

Nice job Nova. Deadlifts are impressive. If I may add a suggestion to the lats, perhaps the incorporation of pull overs and narrow grip pulldowns to shock the muscles into growth. And perhaps another bicep exercise, such as 3 sets of hammers. Either way, looking good

1buffsob
    thanks for the advice. i had narrow grip incorporated into my last bulk, and laugh it up.... but i've seen growth. it is just superslow, yet steady. i would have done more bicep work but i have to study for a final 2morrow and felt guilty being in the gym too long. (i forgot to add that to the workout post). what exactly are the pullovers you are speaking of? thanks again for all ur help brotha!

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    yeeeeeeeah nova, good luck with the cut, im here with you!!!!

http://abcbodybuilding.com/anatomyofapullover.php

My lat development really improved immensley ever since I incorporated pullovers into my workout. I prefer the EZ bar vs the dumbell.

1buffsob

BTW, a very light warm-up on the triceps is usually needed to get the elbows a bit lubricated. Otherwise, it will hurt like a mofo.

1buffsob

http://abcbodybuilding.com/anatomyofapullover.php

My lat development really improved immensley ever since I incorporated pullovers into my workout. I prefer the EZ bar vs the dumbell.

1buffsob
    Sweet, yeah i know what they are, i'll read a little to make sure i can stick form. thanks for the suggestion, i am 100% taking it in and using it

thanks for the support Andre, now get back to whoring ....i'll be over there in a little while

BTW, a very light warm-up on the triceps is usually needed to get the elbows a bit lubricated. Otherwise, it will hurt like a mofo.

1buffsob
    good to know... but Nova like pain , but no seriously i'll be sure to warm-up.

final meal of the day, been a little hungrier than normal. but i think it's gonna work. night bros!

wow, starving! too bad i can't do cardio this morning. i have to take an evaluation for a class. and i'll be on campus all day until 5pm. but after that i'm going to hit the treadmill.

i have a question for you guys...
    -if i jumped into cardio 5-6 days a week would my body adapt quicker? or should i work up to that point to have better long-term fat loss? i can do cardio everyday now (not everyday in the morning, but sometime everyday) and i really want to get this started. just curious if i should lay off a little for this first week so my body won't adapt too quickly. have a geat day all.

I'd go full bore into it. 5 times a week. Then in a couple of weeks bump it up to every day.

As for the hunger pains, it will subside. Drink a diet coke a lots of water

1buffsob

yeah the hunger was just when i woke up. i am keeping my vitamin C levels at or around 10g ED. and drinking the absolute hell out of water. and i will then be doing my cardio once a day for 5 days this week. then i will up it everday on the 12th. after about 6 weeks i am going to jump to twice a day on the weekends. when i jump to twice a day i may up my cals just a bit so weight loss isnt too quick, it will mainly be added protein, and more aminos.

cardio doesnt bother me at all on a cut because i can see results. when bulking it feels too pointless to me physically. but i know it is beneficial. so i am debating on going twice a day on weekends starting june1st. would this be overkill when doing cardio every day anyway? just curious as to thoughts.

as for so far today. i feel good, not tired like i sometimes am around 2-3pm. i kindof feel hungry all the time but it is definately minimal. no lethargy at all, i thought i may feel a little sluggish at first, but i don't. i wanted to play this cutter off of purely diet and cardio to see if i can get to 5% without ECA/ECY/clen or any addeds.

now i know i want to do this cutter until i get to 5% or close, but should i make a time frame? i think i only need to lose 10 or so pounds to be at 5% so should i make this a 10-12 week cut? i am thinking of running clen after the 10-12 weeks for 3 weeks just to see how much more it would benefit me. but i really want to prove that you can achieve great success with diet and cardio in check.
    i am an average kid, i havent been serious too long and i want to show all the other guys who arent blessed with great genetics or with a lot of money or time that with dedication and heart you can achieve what you are looking for. time will tell...

I see no problem in doing cardio twice on your days off. I do it. May be overkill in the beginning stages though, but I don't think it will be 6 weeks from now. Your cardio plan sounds good. I wouldn't make a time frame though. Just go as long as you need to.

I think you'll be able to get to 5% without clen or ECA. That would be awesome if you did it without. The diet is definately set up for the advantages of clen though.

1buffsob

I see no problem in doing cardio twice on your days off. I do it. May be overkill in the beginning stages though, but I don't think it will be 6 weeks from now. Your cardio plan sounds good. I wouldn't make a time frame though. Just go as long as you need to.

I think you'll be able to get to 5% without clen or ECA. That would be awesome if you did it without. The diet is definately set up for the advantages of clen though.

1buffsob
    what i meant was after say 10-12 weeks if i havent reached my mark....then i may use the clen. but i want to give it an all out shot before i do it. so i suppose i may have to cut for 16 weeks to get there all natty. probably how it's going to work.

i'll just have to keep reminding myself...
    "what are you eating? everything you eat is either bricks or shit...what do you want your house made of?"

Haha, I like that. In all seriousness Nova, with this diet, I don't think it will even take that long to achieve. I'd think 8-10 weeks max. Your training will make or break it as far as retaining your LBM. Keep the volume moderate, like you've been doing, and just scary intensity. You'll get it man, I have the utmost confidence.

1buffsob

Haha, I like that. In all seriousness Nova, with this diet, I don't think it will even take that long to achieve. I'd think 8-10 weeks max. Your training will make or break it as far as retaining your LBM. Keep the volume moderate, like you've been doing, and just scary intensity. You'll get it man, I have the utmost confidence.

1buffsob
    thanks for staying with me on this long road to leanness. i will definately up the intensity of my workouts so i can retain teh most LBM. i will maybe even lower the weights a bit lower and just reduce the amount of rest between sets. that usually intensifies them quite a bit i believe. in any case, i'm tackling this head on. thanks again you buff son of a b₧...

Hey bro, I'm right there with you.

1buffsob

so i trained abs tonight a little since i bet they felt the funk last night from deads. i then did cardio for 35minutes. aminos afterwards. felt good all day. kinda horny, where's my girl?

oh yeah she's a couple HOURS away.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    What's the point of dropping to 5% seeing as you won't be able to hold that BF without sacrificing hard earned LBM... If you don't diet down correctly you are also going to lose LBM which in turn will slow your metabolism..
    Not trying to burst your bubble, but I don't think dieting to 5% is a great idea just for the hell of it. Try getting down to 9% as you're at around 12-14 as you sit.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    I agreee.... you will look mean as fvck at 9% either way......

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    What's the point of dropping to 5% seeing as you won't be able to hold that BF without sacrificing hard earned LBM... If you don't diet down correctly you are also going to lose LBM which in turn will slow your metabolism..
    Not trying to burst your bubble, but I don't think dieting to 5% is a great idea just for the hell of it. Try getting down to 9% as you're at around 12-14 as you sit.
    thanks for the honesty, however my diet is good to go, and a few people on this board who's bodybuilding knowledge i consider "amazing" even provided me the diet and revised the diet for me personally. i appreciate your opinion on the loss of LBM, which will undoubtedly happen, however i am just going to try and keep losses to a minimum. i just want to seriously cut and see how low i can go because when i bulk i am afraid to get too far away from leanness. so i want to know if i do go far away from leanness in the future that i can indeed cut down to a low bf%.

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information