MaidenOnslaught is offline Junior Member

question on p/f after cardio

Is taking Isopure whey w/flaxseed oil right after morning cardio bad? I've done a search, but most recomend to wait 30-40 minuts and do a p/c. my second meal will be an hour anyways with a p/c meal.

Thanks!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    My god thats confusing to read..i need sleep!

Why have a pro/fat then a pro/carb meal..and one hour later?

It is up to you if you wanna have a pro/fat or pro/carb 45min after AM cardio, i have done both and now choose pro/carb
    ***No source checks!!!***

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    pro/carb for me

So there's no difference at all. If I have a p/f right after cardio, like whey w/flaxseed oil, it's OK, or just wait 30 minutes to have p/c.

CENADICT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    pro/carb for me

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenOnslaught
    So there's no difference at all. If I have a p/f right after cardio, like whey w/flaxseed oil, it's OK, or just wait 30 minutes to have p/c.
    i would wait a little longer to have a pro/carb meal than i would having a pro/fat meal.

why wait 30mins after cardio to have your pro/carb meal?

i would wait a little longer to have a pro/carb meal than i would having a pro/fat meal.

why is that? when do you workout? after a p/f?

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Introduction of carbs blunt lipolysis. Then again, so does protein. Only exception would be pure fat. But after low intensity cardio, fat burning is minimal anyhow. It really doesn't matter as much as people think.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Introduction of carbs blunt lipolysis. Then again, so does protein. Only exception would be pure fat. But after low intensity cardio, fat burning is minimal anyhow. It really doesn't matter as much as people think.

1buffsob
    thansk for always clearing things up bro..

we were talking about cardio. no one shouldn't workout after a pro/fat. you should always have carbs pre and post workout.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    we were talking about cardio. no one shouldn't workout after a pro/fat. you should always have carbs pre and post workout.
    I would like the pro/carb before my workout but i can't as i have used all my carb macros up for the day. (breakfast and PWO)

russia dog is offline Member

1buffsob
    soo you don't have to wait 30 min before p/c????? just an over-rated concept?

Quote Originally Posted by russia dog
    soo you don't have to wait 30 min before p/c????? just an over-rated concept?
    Yes. Very over-rated. But, although the continual fat burning is minimal, it adds up over time. Still, I don't give it much consideration. I eat when I get home.

1buffsob

russia dog is offline Member
    again as we know that after cardio, u can be in a very catabolic state thus wee must decide wheter the marginal time of eating and preserving muscle or the marginal time of waiting for fat loss; is a better choice?

again as we know that after cardio, u can be in a very catabolic state thus wee must decide wheter the marginal time of eating and preserving muscle or the marginal time of waiting for fat loss; is a better choice?
    Exactly. I think the risk of muscle loss is too great to wait for the minimal fat loss after cardio. I'll always eat within 15 minutes of cardio.

1buffsob

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    again as we know that after cardio, u can be in a very catabolic state thus wee must decide wheter the marginal time of eating and preserving muscle or the marginal time of waiting for fat loss;
    This is so true RD.

I for one am more concerned about the catabolic state that I'm in and actually bring a shake with me to the gym. I'd rather feed my body and worry about fat loss another day. Plus I"m the type that is STARVING after my workouts and need to fuel up.

To each is own on this one.

i always bring my amino drink with me and after cardio i down it. i'm so hungry and i need me some protein synthesis to start.

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    i always bring my amino drink with me and after cardio i down it. i'm so hungry and i need me some protein synthesis to start.

What Amino drink do you prefer?

1buffsob

So If I had Isopure whey protein with flaxseed oil after my low intensity cardio, its fine? It helps keep the lipolysis going longer, or I can wait 30-40 minutes then eat a p/c meal

My low intensity cardio is walking uphill on a treadmill for 40minutes, I sweat like hell afterwards. I'm not running or jogging, just walking at about 2.5-3.5mph. Then right after I have 50gm of Isopure whey protien with 1TBLS of Flaxseed oil 14gm fat.

PhishStasH is offline Member
    So If I had Isopure whey protein with flaxseed oil after my low intensity cardio, its fine? It helps keep the lipolysis going longer, or I can wait 30-40 minutes then eat a p/c meal

My low intensity cardio is walking uphill on a treadmill for 40minutes, I sweat like hell afterwards. I'm not running or jogging, just walking at about 2.5-3.5mph. Then right after I have 50gm of Isopure whey protien with 1TBLS of Flaxseed oil 14gm fat.
    1buffsob already pointed out consuming whey after cardio is gonna blunt lipolysis. Point everyone has been trying to enforce is consuming nutrients (pro/carb) to blunt the catabolic state the muscles are in after cardio.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Any food you eat aside from 100% pure fat will cause a rise in plasma insulin levels. So therefore no matter what you eat you will blunt lipolysis.

As I have stated 100x before Lipolysis is OVERRATED. It means very little in the way of fat loss. Do you need lypolysis, yes. But I think people have the definition of lipolysis very very confused.

Here is the Definition:

The breakdown of fat stored in fat cells is known as lipolysis. During this process, free fatty acids are released into the bloodstream and circulate throughout the body.

No you tell me why this is overrated.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Any food you eat aside from 100% pure fat will cause a rise in plasma insulin levels. So therefore no matter what you eat you will blunt lipolysis.

As I have stated 100x before Lipolysis is OVERRATED. It means very little in the way of fat loss. Do you need lypolysis, yes. But I think people have the definition of lipolysis very very confused.

Here is the Definition:

The breakdown of fat stored in fat cells is known as lipolysis. During this process, free fatty acids are released into the bloodstream and circulate throughout the body.

Now you tell me why this is overrated.
    Hmmmm........ that's tough. Maybe it's because you have to be doing sometihing to burn fat durring lipolysis or the FFA's will be converted back into tryglycerides and stored as fat.

So to recap. Pro/carb and pro/fat will both blunt lipolysis. But it doesn't really matter, as fat loss is minimal after low intensity cardio anyhow.

Done and done.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11

As I have stated 100x before Lipolysis is OVERRATED. It means very little in the way of fat loss.

Ok then, should I avoid having a p/f right after my morning cardio?

Ok then, should I avoid having a p/f right after my morning cardio?
    You're not getting it. Eat for God's sake.

1buffsob

1buffsob

OK, I get it now .

PhishStasH is offline Member

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by PhishStasH

I know, that's how I feel.

Thread Information