Thread: Narkissos????

wolfstriked is offline Associate Member

Narkissos????

Hello,I was thinking for awhile on how it seems that we should eat foods seperate.Since both protein and carbs cause an insulin response I always wondered if it was wiser to eat every 2 hrs and just alternate between a protein meal and a carb meal.

It seems like it would cause a better insulin response since your body is only secreting insulin for one or the other.Say you consume 40gms carbs and 40 gms protein at same time.That would cause a good amount of insulin to be secrteted while if you only ate 40gms carbs it would be halved.The less insulin the leaner youll become?

Then today I find this in the cutting sticky by you Narkissos

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    My history:
    Why i said it 'works' for me... I've tried it the conventional way before and that didn't. I like your reply tho...states your point straight up. What has been 'working' thus far for me has been the weight-training, followed by a posing session, then cardio.. a protein+ creatine shake... My next meal within the hour would be carbs (usually potatoes)... Why this was done was at my coach's request... Seemed my body responded better to macronutrient separation. Even currently (tho again going against convention), my meals tru-out the day usually don't mix macronutrients... (not suggesting this to others to go against the board... but saying what has worked for me)... Usually... complex carb only.. protein only.. sometimes protein+ carb or protein+fat.. depends on how i 'feel' that day. I found this way my body absorbs abd utilises the macronutrients better..

I am wondering if you are still eating this way and if not then why did you change??

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    jmo....but just pm him, dont start a thread about this

Oops,sorry I guess your right.Is there a way to erase a thread?

bcap is offline Member
    I'm actually interested in the answer to this - could the mods please NOT erase this thread please

Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    I'm actually interested in the answer to this - could the mods please NOT erase this thread please
    just kidding,I guess it stays as i cant delete it myself.Narkissos is a mod here so maybe he will close it or answer it?

Thread Information