str8cubano79 is offline Junior Member

Everytime I start a diet, I get sick..

It never fails, almost everytime I start a strict and good diet, I always get sick and catch a cold. Currently I have the flu. Any advice? Is this because my body undergoes a drastic change in calorie reduction? I don't know if its coincidence or not, but I'm getting tired of it...

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    not sure whats going on but a strict diet should still have plenty of vegetables and mabye a few fruits. i also always take a multivitamin plus extra vitamin c and e.

what exactly do you eat for a strict diet?

it's funny, but it was just basic caloirc reduction and good eating...eating the way I'm supposed to. Egg whites, brown rice, protein, lean chicken..all that good stuff..I don't know if its the fact that the night before I at a slap of flannigans full rack ribs and stuffed my face, and the next day I ate opposite and healthy and hit the cardio machines, but as messed up as this sounds, it feels like eveytime I eat "Healthy" or Healthier, my body doesn't take it too well. I know this can't be true, but maybe I need to adjust instead...I'm not a competing bodybuilder, just trying to get back in the zone of things....

I guess I reduced my calories by 300-400...

IronAdam is offline Member
    Anytime you drastically change your diet your body's immune system weakens. It's better to gradually change your diet and supplement with vitamin C and a B complex.

yea...its probably exactly what happened to me...

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    A. you should never have to DRASTICALLY change diet immediatly
    B. b complex and C vitimans will help
    C. if looking to cut only reduce calories 300 under maintence so you are not so malnutrutioned....Good Luck bro

ok i dont want to sound like one of those ..."vegetariuns"...but EAT MORE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. it should be so easy especially when youre reducing your calories, thats the easiest time. the disease fighting capabilities of fruits and vegetables is stronger than any cold medicine you can take, and you cant OD.

Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    ok i dont want to sound like one of those ..."vegetariuns"...but EAT MORE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. it should be so easy especially when youre reducing your calories, thats the easiest time. the disease fighting capabilities of fruits and vegetables is stronger than any cold medicine you can take, and you cant OD.
    sorry bro, but sad to say I'm allergice to fruits..i'm one of those 5% of people that have ORAL ALLERGY SYNDROM, which means I can't eat raw fruits or vegetables unless they are cooked becasue I have a nasty allergic reaction to them. Sucks D*** I know...I'm definately one against the odds...

you can still steam them or boil them though right?

cooking just kills the digestive enzymes, but theres still good stuff in them

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    My opinion is that when you cut calories you should make sure to support your system with enough supplemented vitamins and minerals.

On another note, for my most recent diet I got a flu at the beginning and it actually helped shed water...I lost a ton of water in two days...not fun, but a nice jump start to my diet...

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by str8cubano79
    sorry bro, but sad to say I'm allergice to fruits..i'm one of those 5% of people that have ORAL ALLERGY SYNDROM, which means I can't eat raw fruits or vegetables unless they are cooked becasue I have a nasty allergic reaction to them. Sucks D*** I know...I'm definately one against the odds...
    like said above, cook them, steamed broccli and other vegetables are great for you. adding garlic to anything whether you have to cook it or not is also very healthy

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i would try megadosing vitamin C.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i would try megadosing vitamin C.
    yeah, snort it...hes gotta be kidding. theyre called supplements for a reason, dont rely on them to work magic

Yea I can definately do boiled vegetables...i've done broccoli before. Just not like fruits like oranges and stuff...I've done the vit C mega dosing, so it has kept me healthy so far, but powdering up on Vit - C is a pain in the butt everysingle day. The one week I don't take it...lol, then I get sick. Either a coincidence or what..

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i got sick 3 times this cutting phase. its from the added stress of the daily cardio. Its just one of those things, but take alot of C and B.

I also keep egg protein powedr around always cuttign or bulking, comes in handy when you have flue or what not and cant eat. Whey is also good for the immune system when your sick but i dont use it except PWO when cutting and just a little. you dont wanna slam whey the whole time your bedridden though cuz your not moving and it'll make ya fat from the fast absortion rate, plus make you more tired. I'll use 30g 2x a day when sick. Other than that its 20g pwo on liftin days when cutting.

if you have a fever you burn more cals so eat a little more or take in a ittle more whey if have a fever.

Up your C to 10g or more when cutting and 30+g when sick but take GasX with it cuz belive me you will get gas. sometimes lose stools too, s Immodium comes in handy also. That stuff REALLY works, the gasx and immodium.

I had a sore throwt cold this wek and knocked it out in 2 days with 80g of C in 2 days. If sore throwt goes more than 2 days see a doc. strep throwt is DANGEROUS.
    Peace

Thread Information