BIG_T_MC06 is offline Associate Member

Question Extreme Eating For Extreme Gains?

Sorry if this is a repost or old news to some of you but the accompanying link really made me think?

http://web.telia.com/~u47020892/arti...st/extreme.htm

What are you view or experiences with this type of diet.

Gaining mass is not a major problem for me, but to gain serious amounts of muscle i was thinking of trying the extreme eating?!?

I am a competivite BBer who is not competing again 'til April 07, i don't really mind if i get fat as long as i am making substantial muscle gains - IMO its what i look like on stage that matters not in the off season! When it comes to dieting for the show i will have no problem sticking to my diet and know my body enough to know how many carbs i need for weight loss maintenance etc. I do cardio off season at least 30 mins before breakfast 3-4 times per week purely for CV health.

For me personally i will be eating 450G protein, 400G carbs 70G fat and 4000 Calories from proper BBing foods spaced over 8 meals a day - my problem is i am often hungry between or even shortly after meals and so eating an extra few thousand calories a day would be easy and think of all the extra protein i would be getting. Also the extra calories will help me to build more muscle.

Please give you input/views/experiences

T

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    6000 clean calories are better than 6000 dirty calories...this is a horrible diet outline....if you truely are a hardgainer than you can bump cals up a bit more than maybe me, but do it cleanly

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Extreme eating = Extreme fat gain

Your body can only take so many kcals before it starts converting the rest to fat. If your training and diet stay constant, you can closely estimate your needed kcals for each training and off day.

Of course, there's always the Lee Priest/DNP route. LOL

1buffsob

i agree with this article

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    If you want to drop dead of a heart attack/stoke this would be the best approach. With eating like you will have grissle flowing through you veins/arteries.....

chest6 is offline Banned
    My last clean bulk..which was for 4 months I ate upwards of 6k calories (remember, clean) so I mean its certainly not all that hard. Sure, I gained a little bit of fat, but not as much as you would think and I pretty much never did cardio. Also, I pretty much didnt have a single cheat meal in that 4 months.

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob

Your body can only take so many kcals before it starts converting the rest to fat. If your training and diet stay constant, you can closely estimate your needed kcals for each training and off day.

Of course, there's always the Lee Priest/DNP route. LOL

1buffsob

agreed......also.........EXTREME BUTT TRAUMA

jstanier is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, agreed. It all depends on the body type but I don't agree with the diet in the link at all.

this is why pros are pros and we are all on the internet

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Whack.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    this is why pros are pros and we are all on the internet
    So I guess the freakish genetics, along with massive amounts of AAS/HGH/IGF/Slin/etc. had nothing to do with it.

Sound nutrition IS sound nutrition. Pro or not.

1buffsob

So I guess the freakish genetics, along with massive amounts of AAS/HGH/IGF/Slin/etc. had nothing to do with it.

Sound nutrition IS sound nutrition. Pro or not.

1buffsob
    u are 100% correct if ur talkin about a "natural" comp. but those are bs anyway. if ur just talkin about eating healthy to live longer then ur probably right, but i have a feeling that these guys are porofessionals for a reason. it even says its not good for you. i cant believe youre saying that bros do not do this.

No, bros do this. I'm saying it's unsound/dumb. Something Titus would do. LOL

1buffsob

No, bros do this. I'm saying it's unsound/dumb. Something Titus would do. LOL

1buffsob
    oh heh, probly me too

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    the articel must be taken with a grain of salt. The only way to find out how it will work for you is experimentation.

My experiance: I did 6 months of 8,000 calories a day. I ate so much my stamack was distended almost always. I gained 45lbs in 6mos. yeah i got strong, and my pumps always tremndous. My shoulders and arms were never bigger. I netted approx 7 lbs of muscle and 38lbs of fat. And guess what, it took me 6mos to lose it, and in the process, yep, i lost all that muscle. I hit so many sticking points it was crazy, cuz when you blast your BF set point up that high, it doesnt wanna cahnge it real easy. It was hard. harder than i anticipated, especially since when your fat your feel like CRAP, in the morning, ALWAYS, making morning cardio almost impossible.
    I got strech marks and had to buy all different sets of cloths. I did no cardio that whole six months, and my first cardio session of jogging at 4.5mph on a 3 incline lasted all of 2 minutes, and then i ran to the bathroom and puked. Same thing happend the next day. After that i didnt puke. But it was just amazing.

It was badly executed but you live and learn. Had i to do that over agian, i would lesson it to 6000cals a day, cut out the lee preist-like junk food binges, and add cardio after the 2nd month. persoanlly i feel the most positive effects of the diet are in the first 2 months anyway, after that, not so much. my bench did go up 40lbs in the first 2 motnhs and then kinda plateued. The squat and deadlift were hard to gauge improvemnt on since i was gaining so much fat it would effect those lifts. Oh, and forget pullups!hahha.
    I also had labored breathing with really made me seem like a fat as. And towards the end i started to get that weezing fat laugh. One time i laughed at this hilarious part in a movie and my brother goes "Holy crap, you laugh like such a fat person".

i was eating like 800g of protein 1000gcarbs and 600g of fat.
    and the weekend were heavy on taco bell and mcdonals. At restraunts i would order 2 or 3 meals and the waitersses all thought i was insane. my GF baught me birthday dinner and i said "Are you sure you wanna do this?" i orded like 4 things at my favorite diner. After she was like "Um...okay well i guess you can get the movie tickets then"
    what a fatass.
    i also would have cut the fat grams down to like 150 if i was gonn do it again, and had more oils. i have no idea what my blood lipids looked like but i can assume they werent pretty.

All in all, try it, but dont go over board and dont abandon discipline with junk, cuz you make yourself weak to temptaion my that kind of gourging.

i could post the diet if i can find it in my files if interested

wolfstriked is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    the articel must be taken with a grain of salt. The only way to find out how it will work for you is experimentation.

My experiance: I did 6 months of 8,000 calories a day. I ate so much my stamack was distended almost always. I gained 45lbs in 6mos. yeah i got strong, and my pumps always tremndous. My shoulders and arms were never bigger. I netted approx 7 lbs of muscle and 38lbs of fat. And guess what, it took me 6mos to lose it, and in the process, yep, i lost all that muscle. I hit so many sticking points it was crazy, cuz when you blast your BF set point up that high, it doesnt wanna cahnge it real easy. It was hard. harder than i anticipated, especially since when your fat your feel like CRAP, in the morning, ALWAYS, making morning cardio almost impossible.
    I got strech marks and had to buy all different sets of cloths. I did no cardio that whole six months, and my first cardio session of jogging at 4.5mph on a 3 incline lasted all of 2 minutes, and then i ran to the bathroom and puked. Same thing happend the next day. After that i didnt puke. But it was just amazing.

It was badly executed but you live and learn. Had i to do that over agian, i would lesson it to 6000cals a day, cut out the lee preist-like junk food binges, and add cardio after the 2nd month. persoanlly i feel the most positive effects of the diet are in the first 2 months anyway, after that, not so much. my bench did go up 40lbs in the first 2 motnhs and then kinda plateued. The squat and deadlift were hard to gauge improvemnt on since i was gaining so much fat it would effect those lifts. Oh, and forget pullups!hahha.
    I also had labored breathing with really made me seem like a fat as. And towards the end i started to get that weezing fat laugh. One time i laughed at this hilarious part in a movie and my brother goes "Holy crap, you laugh like such a fat person".

i was eating like 800g of protein 1000gcarbs and 600g of fat.
    and the weekend were heavy on taco bell and mcdonals. At restraunts i would order 2 or 3 meals and the waitersses all thought i was insane. my GF baught me birthday dinner and i said "Are you sure you wanna do this?" i orded like 4 things at my favorite diner. After she was like "Um...okay well i guess you can get the movie tickets then"
    what a fatass.
    i also would have cut the fat grams down to like 150 if i was gonn do it again, and had more oils. i have no idea what my blood lipids looked like but i can assume they werent pretty.

All in all, try it, but dont go over board and dont abandon discipline with junk, cuz you make yourself weak to temptaion my that kind of gourging.

i could post the diet if i can find it in my files if interested
    My goodness man that post just literally cracked me up!!!Hilarious stuff!"you laugh like such a fat man" OMG Ho Ho Ho ...hey give me break im bulking

I must add though that this diet is called extreme since its for top of the sport guys.Guys with superior genetics and willing to take a boatload of steroids .Up the muscle preservation steroids and keep adding T3 when weightloss starts to slow.I know its more complicated but the top guys most likely have doctors working out their steroid regimens.

chest6 is offline Banned
    800g protein damn. Ya in 4 months when I was in the 6k-7k range I gained about 30lbs..I'd say 12 of it was muscle.

Thread Information