Thread: keto neccessary

keto neccessary

I have been doing a heap of research on keto diets lately. To come up with the following. Yes they work but are not healthy long term. As I am looking for a long term solution am I better off going on a 40/40/20 diet for long trem fat loss.

A little history I am 32, 5'11 and currently 230lbs looking to lose another 30 lbs. Just completed a BFL and lost 25 lbs over 12 weeks with the above formula and didnt really stick to it at the end.

Whats everyones opinion. Is one way superior to the other or would a combination of both diets be a good idea.

Look foward to your thoughts.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I would not go with a ketosis diet. They don't work in the long run and they are very unhealthy.
    Usually one can manipulate his carb intake to the point where it's low enough to burn up the fat stores without putting themselves in what I would call dangerous body function.
    Aside from the carb deprivation which depletes so many vitamins and nutrients the body needs to function properly, Ketosis causes the body to excrete more amonia in the urine which over time can be damaging to kidneys. Now Hyperamonemia is a very severe cause to ketosis and will not happen in most cases(you usually have to be predisposed), none the less it's not something to be testing in your own body.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I have done both atkins and the 60-20-20 and 40-40-20

I was so sick off of atkins, I had no energy, and at one point i could no longer force myself to eat protien only.

I do not load up on carbs but i eat one meat and two green veggies for lunch and dinner and i am losing 2-3 pounds a week.

My total is 50 pounds so far and i feel great. I also do cardio and weight train. without those im not sure i would lose as much.

Pheedno and Buddaha you reflect my sentiments exactly because after all what we are trying to do is supposed to be fun.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    A good diet for you might be ZONE diet 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 of protein, carbs and fat...another variation of zone could be 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30 % fat, in my opinion they both work very well...good luck...XXL

Thread Information