Thread: Army Meals

Valtorian is offline Junior Member

Army Meals

I start my diet on Friday and I go to the DFAC/Chow hall 3 times a day for food. Usually eating some kind of starch or chicken and always rice and potatoes and veggies.

I'm going to be carrying around a backpack with 3 other meals that are designated. Chicken Breasts/Brown rice/Veggies etc/Tuna/PB etc.

Then I will be taking Protien Shakes PWO/in the morning/After every meal/ and waking up in the middle of the night and having one plus some PB/Tuna with wheat bread.

The questions I have is, I'm 146 lbs. (Trying to gain lean Mass) I'm training 3 on 1 off.
    *Will the 3 chow hall meals effect me in a negative way or does this sound ok?*

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    Not sure about the actual question at hand, but bravo for attempting to stick a diet and training while in the military.

Seems like for most, those two things go out the window in the military, but its good to hear that you can work around it if you really want it.

toofatbuilder is offline Associate Member
    as long as you keep your calories in check....maybe bump up the cardio you should be alright....just be careful on what you eat.

Valtorian is offline Junior Member
    It's a bit hard, considering a few of the times I'm gonna need to eat I'll be ruck marching. I'll probably get **** for eating while rucking, but if I'm gonna do this I need to do it to a T, otherwise I feel like I'm cheating. Thanks for the encouragment.

toofatbuilder is offline Associate Member
    you can do it bro. if you need to....just sneak a couple protine bars in your pocket. slam em down real fast.....lol.... good you will be pretty active.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    I would avoid the protein bars unless it was a cheat. lol

But almonds/piece of chicken breast has been my meal of choice while in class. Down in 2 minutes.

slimsc is offline Junior Member
    I will let the pro's direct your nutritional needs, but i will say Thank You for serving our country!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valtorian
    I start my diet on Friday and I go to the DFAC/Chow hall 3 times a day for food. Usually eating some kind of starch or chicken and always rice and potatoes and veggies.

I'm going to be carrying around a backpack with 3 other meals that are designated. Chicken Breasts/Brown rice/Veggies etc/Tuna/PB etc.

Then I will be taking Protien Shakes PWO/in the morning/After every meal/ and waking up in the middle of the night and having one plus some PB/Tuna with wheat bread.

The questions I have is, I'm 146 lbs. (Trying to gain lean Mass) I'm training 3 on 1 off.
    *Will the 3 chow hall meals effect me in a negative way or does this sound ok?*

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what your chow hall is like, but you should be able to put together some healthy meals. Stick with grilled chicken breast and avoid all the fried shit they make. Also, they almost always have tuna available (def use as protein fat because they load the mayo).

I've always had a lot of luck with the chow halls (in the AF). They even offer egg white omlets. Try Tuna creations (flavored tuna pouches) for when your in the field. Shakes would be ok to, but seem like they would be too much trouble. Just make sure you plan ahead and you will be cool. Good luck bro.

Blitz777 is offline Associate Member
    I would also like to give you a big THANKS!

Thread Information