zoso428 is offline Associate Member

im back like a vertabrae..new diet

ok so i was heavily into lifting for years then got serious about my diet last year for about 4 months durign the summer..i was on this site everyday at my internship...got some great advice and went from about 207 24% bf to 172 14% bf i looked and felt great...then i went to my senior year enjoyed all the compliments and met the girl of my dreams ( italian and loved to cook) now i had a girl and constant food being cooked for me ...slowly the deisire to eat healthy slipped away from me...i started finding less time to lift becasue I lived off campus now away from the walking distance gym and pretty much just stopped all together to drink every night ....so in 8 months i gained 47 LBS!!!!! Now im 220 and prolly close to 30% bodyfat ...i kept saying to myself i will diet once summer starts then when the summer started i said i would start lifting but get really serious when work starts an dim on a schedule....well long story short i have bad arthritis in my hip and it cant take me being this fat...so the other day all the pressure finally killed my hip and i couldnt walk for like 3 hours even after taking celebrex...so i got on the ball quick and designed a diet and started getting serious about cardio and lifting here it is ...all critiques welcome....

WAKE UP

CARDIO 45 Min at proper heart rate for fat burning

Meal 1 30 min after cardio
    5 egg whites- 20 g protein
    1/3 cup of oatmeal- 18 g carbs
    1 scoop of protein powder in oatmeal - 24g protein

Meal 2 2.5-3 huors later
    Protein shake 50 g protein
    1.5 oz almonds - 22.5 g fat

Meal 3 2.5-3 horus later
    Chicken or Tuna - 50 g protein
    Some kind of Low GI veggie

Lift
    Meal 4 PWO righ tafter lift
    Protein wit Dex - 50 g protein and 80 g carbs

Meal 5 - 1.5-2 horus later
    Chicken, Tuna, Filet Mignon- 50 g protein
    Low gi veggies
    1.3 Cup of oatmeal- 18 g carbs

Meal 6 1.5 - 2 horus later
    Shake - 50 g protein
    1.5 oz almonds -22.5 g fat

45 g fat, 294 g protein, 116 grams of carbs

any1 see nething? should i substite the almonds for flax seed or is that not that big of a deal?
    sry for the length..it is starting to feel good to be back.
    ps i quite smoking too after graduation a month and a half ago

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoso428
    ok so i was heavily into lifting for years then got serious about my diet last year for about 4 months durign the summer..i was on this site everyday at my internship...got some great advice and went from about 207 24% bf to 172 14% bf i looked and felt great...then i went to my senior year enjoyed all the compliments and met the girl of my dreams ( italian and loved to cook) now i had a girl and constant food being cooked for me ...slowly the deisire to eat healthy slipped away from me...i started finding less time to lift becasue I lived off campus now away from the walking distance gym and pretty much just stopped all together to drink every night ....so in 8 months i gained 47 LBS!!!!! Now im 220 and prolly close to 30% bodyfat ...i kept saying to myself i will diet once summer starts then when the summer started i said i would start lifting but get really serious when work starts an dim on a schedule....well long story short i have bad arthritis in my hip and it cant take me being this fat...so the other day all the pressure finally killed my hip and i couldnt walk for like 3 hours even after taking celebrex...so i got on the ball quick and designed a diet and started getting serious about cardio and lifting here it is ...all critiques welcome....

WAKE UP

CARDIO 45 Min at proper heart rate for fat burning

Meal 1 30 min after cardio
    5 egg whites- 20 g protein
    1/3 cup of oatmeal- 18 g carbs
    1 scoop of protein powder in oatmeal - 24g protein

Meal 2 2.5-3 huors later
    Protein shake 50 g protein
    1.5 oz almonds - 22.5 g fat take off the shakeand add some solid food

Meal 3 2.5-3 horus later
    Chicken or Tuna - 50 g protein
    Some kind of Low GI veggie

Lift
    Meal 4 PWO righ tafter lift
    Protein wit Dex - 50 g protein and 80 g carbs

Meal 5 - 1.5-2 horus later
    Chicken, Tuna, Filet Mignon- 50 g protein
    Low gi veggies
    1.3 Cup of oatmeal- 18 g carbs take off the oats and use sweet potatoes. you don't need a slow burning carbs here which are oats.

Meal 6 1.5 - 2 horus later
    Shake - 50 g protein
    1.5 oz almonds -22.5 g fat again shakes out, salmon would be great here

45 g fat, 294 g protein, 116 grams of carbs

any1 see nething? should i substite the almonds for flax seed or is that not that big of a deal?
    sry for the length..it is starting to feel good to be back.
    ps i quite smoking too after graduation a month and a half ago
    you depend too much on shakes bro. that's not good.
    read the bold

Thread Information