Venum is offline Member

whole wheat pasta question

I just recently picked some up for the first time from the grocery store, tastes pretty good...currently I am on a clean bulk, was wondering if whole wheat pasta is low GI and ok to consume a few times a week...thanks for the help!!!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Yup the GI is fairly low as far as I know. As long as you are bulking like you said and it is just a couple times a week I dont see a problem with it.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    The only thing I've seen mentioned is that the gluten in the pasta (as well as breads, I believe) will lead to bloat.

Just something to keep in mind.

What type of sauce are you using on the pasta?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    when you combine it with a lean protein source the GI will lower anyway. i wouldn't worry about it when bulking. i second the question as to what sauce you will be using.

from what i have figured, the gi is the same damn thing over regular pasta and whole wheat pasta. Why the hype over brown rice?

the only difference is whole wheat has whole wheat and may be overall healthier but will not lead to better gains. it barely has any whole wheat in it anyway, plus white pasta tastes so much better, especially when ur eating it every day.

there seems to be this trend to say brown rice and whole wheat pasta and crap like that when it really makes no difference as far as the gi when you eat them with a protein source. like nova said, when bulking, even the cleanest bulk, you will burn more calories thinking about it than the difference it will make. imo

yeah the sauce is a different story

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    i'm cutting and added back products w/ gluten and milk
    i feel no diff, actually much fuller and i just take some danduiolion root for bloat
    my abs never looked better
    thats been in my diet everydAY of my life so fuk it
    i'll see what happens after a month

Jakt, I'm curious as to what sauce you use...

That has always been the hold up for me using pasta, though I would still only eat it on occasion.

Thanks bro.

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    as far as sauces, mama's is best lol.... homemade tomato sauce is best... but try some fat free sour cream and salsa.... mix it up and add it to the pasta! or you can just use parkay fatfree butterspray and a little cheese.... there are a million different types of sauces you can come up with, but i stick to those cause they are very quick and easy.....

its weirds though, cause the serving you can have of pasta while cutting pwo is a joke.. i tend to mix what i mentioned above w/ lean steak or chicken and some veggies... otherwise its such a tease!

Amen to that.

Thanks for the tip bro.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakt
    as far as sauces, mama's is best lol.... homemade tomato sauce is best... but try some fat free sour cream and salsa.... mix it up and add it to the pasta! or you can just use parkay fatfree butterspray and a little cheese.... there are a million different types of sauces you can come up with, but i stick to those cause they are very quick and easy.....

its weirds though, cause the serving you can have of pasta while cutting pwo is a joke.. i tend to mix what i mentioned above w/ lean steak or chicken and some veggies... otherwise its such a tease!
    Agreed. I am on a strict diet year round and if I am to cheat for a meal its adding a sauce or something to up carbs. Sugar free tomato sauce is great, you can pretty much buy crushed up tomatoes with onions or whatever and its great. Still good taste, almost no fat, good amount of fibre as well. It should still be used in moderation but its not that bad.

Venum is offline Member
    i dont use any sauce...i bbq some chicken breast, cut it up into small pieces and throw it in with the pasta..i then add some i cant beleive its not butter spray, low fat gratted cheese and some salt n pepa...dont need sauce!

Great ideas. Thanks.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    white wine....just a dash

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    So overall, ww pasta a great carb sourrce? Top three? Tend tolead to more bloat than tators or oats? Just curious how you guys feel about it.......cutting or bulking?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    So overall, ww pasta a great carb sourrce? Top three? Tend tolead to more bloat than tators or oats? Just curious how you guys feel about it.......cutting or bulking?
    how many times you going to ask this?

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    my bad

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakt
    .. but try some fat free sour cream and salsa....
    That sounds pretty good actually..may have to try that.. good tip!

Thread Information