97stalliongt is offline New Member

Wanting to bulk...

I am 22 yrs old 5'11" 140lbs and I've been the same weight essentially since i was a freshman in high school. I plan on getting into the gym and working my ass off, but i wanted to couple that with a diet that will help me put on some weight. I want to gain at LEAST 15 lbs. Here's what i have so far.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites
    1 myoplex drink (310 cals, 43g protein)

Snack meal: Need some help here. maybe a protein shake and peanut butter sandwich

Lunch: Turkey sandwich or chicken sandwich
    Muscle milk drink

Snack meal: Peanut butter sandwich

Dinner: Spaghetti, Steak, Chicken breast, etc
    Muscle Milk drink

Can you guys give me some help on a bulking diet? I know PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN, and calories. Can ya'll recommend some good foods?

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    chicken, steak, rice, pasta, sweet potatoes, tuna, baked potatoes, peanut butter, eggs

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    Well for starters you're not gonna gain 15lbs on that "diet"...you'll be lucky if you gain any at all...You gotta be eating at least 5 preferbly 6 or 7 for bulking ,meals a day. Keep the protein shake limited to one per day, preferbly post workout. Make sure you get enough "good" carbs i.e. brown rice, yams, oatmeal pasta, etc. etc. and enough "good" fats i.e. flax seed oil, olive oil etc. Protein is an important part of a bulking diet but so are carbs and fats. I suggest you take a look at the bulking and hardgainer stickys at the top of the main page of the diet forum. This will point you down the right direction but don't use it as a complete guide. If you have any other questions from there fire away! Hope that helps!
    Last edited by UpstateTank; 07-28-2006 at 05:48 PM.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Read the bulking sticky. 140lbs....you better be consuming a buttload of cals to gain! You might even want to do a dirty bulk if you have a hard time gaining weight. Eat lots of whole foods like what was suggested already and stay away from gainer shakes.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    Well for starters you're not gonna gain 15lbs on that "diet"...you'll be lucky if you gain any at all...You gotta be eating at least 5 preferbly 6 or 7 for bulking ,meals a day. Keep the protein shake limited to one per day, preferbly post workout. Make sure you get enough "good" carbs i.e. brown rice, yams, oatmeal pasta, etc. etc. and enough "good" fats i.e. flax seed oil, olive oil etc. Protein is an important part of a bulking diet but so are carbs and fats. I suggest you take a look at the bulking and hardgainer stickys at the top of the main page of the diet forum. This will point you down the right direction but don't use it as a complete guide. If you have any other questions from there fire away! Hope that helps!
    Is that Paco Bautistas arm?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by 97stalliongt
    I am 22 yrs old 5'11" 140lbs and I've been the same weight essentially since i was a freshman in high school. I plan on getting into the gym and working my ass off, but i wanted to couple that with a diet that will help me put on some weight. I want to gain at LEAST 15 lbs. Here's what i have so far.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites
    1 myoplex drink (310 cals, 43g protein)

Snack meal: Need some help here. maybe a protein shake and peanut butter sandwich

Lunch: Turkey sandwich or chicken sandwich
    Muscle milk drink

Snack meal: Peanut butter sandwich

Dinner: Spaghetti, Steak, Chicken breast, etc
    Muscle Milk drink

Can you guys give me some help on a bulking diet? I know PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN, and calories. Can ya'll recommend some good foods?

1. the number of meals is way too low

2. sandwich is not a meal

3. and WTF is up with the pb sandwich, you'll go straight to bodybuilding hell for that

- read the bulking sticky, come up with a diet, come back, and we'll help you more

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    Nope....Lee Priest's

Thread Information