Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Post contest rebound diet

Ok for those of you that have had experience with this, what is the best approach to reload the body and maximise the post contest rebound?
    Avoiding the old and tired cliche of eating every doughnut in site for 2 weeks and swelling back up to look like the michelin man, what techniques, approaches, all in all what diet should i employ to maximise this time and regain as much lean tissue as possible while minimising fat?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Ok for those of you that have had experience with this, what is the best approach to reload the body and maximise the post contest rebound?
    Avoiding the old and tired cliche of eating every doughnut in site for 2 weeks and swelling back up to look like the michelin man, what techniques, approaches, all in all what diet should i employ to maximise this time and regain as much lean tissue as possible while minimising fat?
    I like to eat pretty much the same way I did while dieting except with a TON more carbs. I have more frequent meals, to keep insulin secretion steady and not spiking constantly with the higher carbs, and I drop my fats down a little lower to help glycogen absorption. Protein stays high as well. If I was craving something for the first week or two post-contest I ate it...namely a lot of oatmeal rasisn cookies b/c they had good carbs, but also some simple carbs which would quickly help fill glycogen. I had Sushie a couple times as well wand a lot of fruit. During the first 2 wks I didnt feel like I got fat at all, jsut "filled out" and was extremely full and vascular after this time....It got to the ppoint where I felt like I jsut got done lifting and had a PUMP after jsut eating a carb meal. I then started spilling a bit over with some fat gain, and cleaned things up a bit after this time.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Cheers mate, i was considering something simmilar myself.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with spound....have your cheat day, then start a clean bulk as if you were bulking natty

Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    i agree with spound....have your cheat day, then start a clean bulk as if you were bulking natty
    I'm telling ya...I still have sick veins running through my arms and even some in the lower abs and my pumps are downright ridonculous LOL I am still lean, but I am tipping the scales close to 20lbs higher than I did on show day. My bodyfat is still around a true 6-8% I would say...TOPS. Just be careful to to train too heavy/to intensely too fast bc right after a show the body's recovery abilities seem to be VERY subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    I'm telling ya...I still have sick veins running through my arms and even some in the lower abs and my pumps are downright ridonculous LOL I am still lean, but I am tipping the scales close to 20lbs higher than I did on show day. My bodyfat is still around a true 6-8% I would say...TOPS. Just be careful to to train too heavy/to intensely too fast bc right after a show the body's recovery abilities seem to be VERY subpar.

the weeks following from a contest are when you will see your best gains all year long...imo...enjoy it bro, you looked amazing

Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    the weeks following from a contest are when you will see your best gains all year long...imo...enjoy it bro, you looked amazing
    Thanks man, its much appreciated. I agree with you on the gains, but unfortunately I went to heavy/hard too fast and my body feels like that of an 80yr old man (although it sure as hell doesnt look like it lol) My joints are killing me, and I even had to get an MRI on my elbow yesterday b/c the pain in it is sooo bad.

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Thanks man, its much appreciated. I agree with you on the gains, but unfortunately I went to heavy/hard too fast and my body feels like that of an 80yr old man (although it sure as hell doesnt look like it lol) My joints are killing me, and I even had to get an MRI on my elbow yesterday b/c the pain in it is sooo bad.

did you runny winny up to the contest???

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    agree totally with spound. up teh low GI carbs and you will fill out. i gained like 8 lbs after my cut and i still have lower ab veins and striations. im around 6-7% easy, and am filling out very well. just eating clean and jakking the carbs.

Yes....after dieting you are depleted...even after your carb up, especially if you dieted for a comp..it will take you a while to COMPLETELY fill out. Your body will has priorities and it will refill liver glycogen stores b4 it starts storing much fat. I would jsut keep the meals close together with thie higher carbs to keep insulin secretion steady

Thread Information